[30k] Death Guard - " Count the Seven ! " Update post 168#

Caldaron

I really like what you've done with those Chacharodons... The tribal partterns on the shoulder pad I think are very well made! and the blood - just the right amount to make them look "realistcally" savage without being caricatures...

Can't wait for more! :tu:

tat's it, I am a fan! what you need to do now is head over to the Deathwatch recruiting thread in the Index Astartes sub-forum and give me some fluff to add a member.

you'll see what's up with it when (and if) you get over there.

amazing sharks man.

Very cool. I especially love the freehand Carcharodons decal. I'll have to go the same route for my Space Sharks - emailed Forgeworld about their transfer sheet being out of stock and they emailed back saying they ordered 3 years worth of stock and won't be ordering any more at all due to a lack of space in their warehouses. Bit hard to believe to be honest.

Don't know what the legality for me copying the exact text from the email onto a forum so i've just paraphrased it.

Damn, these look beautiful!

I wanted to do Carcharodons myself (they are a chapter I feel somehow... Connected to), but I already paint Grey Knights grey, do I "had" to stay with Minotaurs for now... Either way, it is always motivating to see such beautiful miniatures. Might You include a recipe for these gore effects as well? I'd be interested ;-)

I want more Badab War chapters...

Awesome more space sharks! chomp chomp. Wonderful gore effects smile.png

Damn, these look beautiful!

I wanted to do Carcharodons myself (they are a chapter I feel somehow... Connected to), but I already paint Grey Knights grey, do I "had" to stay with Minotaurs for now... Either way, it is always motivating to see such beautiful miniatures. Might You include a recipe for these gore effects as well? I'd be interested ;-)

I want more Badab War chapters...

I do gore with Tamiya clear Red and a black ink wash which is now badab black? Have a look at this tutorial http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/130329-painting-blood-n-gore-lonewolf-style-blood-tutorial/ a trick this tut doesn't have is to load the brush and blow onto your miniature holding it roughly where you want the spray to land it isn't very exact but have a practice spraying some card etc to get a feel for it.

These really are excellent, They look worn without it overwhelming or disguising what is clearly a great paint job. Also kudos on the freehand, not just the chapter symbol, but the Maori-esque designs that a great many Carchordon players seem to leave out. You've also achieved some fairly dynamic poses from kits that can easily look static or odd (my one complaint with some of FW's armour variants is that the arms haven't been designed with real world poses in mind). Keep up the good work, Badab loyalists are favourites of mine.

Archived