Rainbow Warriors/27/4/14 update.

Awesome sauce! I think I really have up my game, after seeing those! And it's unusual to see Fifth Company done, so very nice to see happy.png

Nothing says Old School like Rainbow Warriors, been looking out for RW blog for a while now. My brother had a Rainbow Warriors army painted [very badly] on the RTB01 minis when I was growing up. I still have a very vague plan about buying a load of FW pre-heresy minis and doing them up as Rainbow Warriors but the head stripe has got me very apprehensive! Keep these coming dude they look great and give me a warm glow of reminiscence thanks.gif

Nothing says Old School like Rainbow Warriors, been looking out for RW blog for a while now. My brother had a Rainbow Warriors army painted [very badly] on the RTB01 minis when I was growing up. I still have a very vague plan about buying a load of FW pre-heresy minis and doing them up as Rainbow Warriors but the head stripe has got me very apprehensive! Keep these coming dude they look great and give me a warm glow of reminiscence thanks.gif

Do it, dude! Dooooooooo it! laugh.png

In all seriousness, the head stripe isn't that bad to do (and coming from someone who has shaky hands and less patience is saying something laugh.png ) Seems like there are far more of us about than I previously thought! happy.png

I almost finished with the first 7 brothers of 2nd sqd if I started earlier they would be already posted .

Tyrannosaurus-glad you like them I painted my Rouge trader plastics as Ultras I blame this on Aquilanus after reading his story about the RW's I had to do some.the helmet stripe is a bear but it gets easier to do after a few.

on the Head stripe, use Tamiya's masking tape, it's great and varied in size. failing that, testors has a pin-stirpe tape kit(about 5 Bucks) and that works well to just press the tape against your shirt or pants first to get rid of the excess tackiness so you dont pull paint of the mini. (learned that the hard way!)

I blame this on Aquilanus after reading his story about the RW's I had to do some.

Only just noticed that! laugh.png

Loving the new additions smile.png especially the LC Marine (I take it he's the Sarge?) The laurel is good. I thought I had one or two from a few kits, but I seem to have lost them for the moment! How far are you taking this army (as in how many points?)

I've found that when doing fiddly stuff like the stripes and highlights, painting them whilst breathing out slowly helps me keep my arm and hand steady(ier). Might be worth a try smile.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just have to say that the fact you are doing Rainbow Warriors for real will get you nominated to the BnC Hall of Fame.

You totally have my vote.

I just have to say that the fact you are doing Rainbow Warriors for real will get you nominated to the BnC Hall of Fame.

You totally have my vote.

There's a few of us msn-wink.gif Not many though blink.png

DSS7 - you painting the feathers really bright, or going for "natural" colours?

Archived