Ironclad dreads

Urauloth

Dreadnoughts need to be armour 13 at least, to be worth taking. There just to easy to kill otherwise. If I was writing the new codex. I would use the current bjorn rules with counter attack but for 70-100 points less. Bjorn is how all dreads should be, he's just for to many points. As for iron clad dreadnoughts i remember reading somewhere that sw favor mkiv and v over contempors, due to ease of maintains. So it's probably something like that with irok Clads.

Dreadnoughts need to be armour 13 at least, to be worth taking. There just to easy to kill otherwise. If I was writing the new codex. I would use the current bjorn rules with counter attack but for 70-100 points less. Bjorn is how all dreads should be, he's just for to many points. As for iron clad dreadnoughts i remember reading somewhere that sw favor mkiv and v over contempors, due to ease of maintains. So it's probably something like that with irok Clads.

Where did you see this mentioned?

I've seen it before myself but can't remember where :/

Dreadnoughts need to be armour 13 at least, to be worth taking.

If they're headed for close combat, I'm inclined to agree. It's a bit different if they're backfield autocannon platforms, but that isn't really what I want out of my dreads. The allied-in Furioso is probably the best route for me to go.

I've fielded the gamut of Dreadnoughts. I like Venerable Riflemen dreads, as I just chew through xenos and light vehicles. 4 BS5 twin-linked shots? Oh yes.

Standard dreadnoughts with a TL-LC and heavy flamer? Purge the enemy!

Deathcompany Dreadnoughts? LET THE SLAUGHTER BEGIN!

Ironically, I haven't fielded an ironclad dreadnought. whistlingW.gif

Do you shell out the massive 165pt base for SW vendreads or do you ally in codex marines? An autocannon vendread does sound like a monster with its bs of 5.

I have to plan a suitably wolfy-looking furioso. I really wish they'd made some concession to the space wolves somewhere in the many plastic dread kits they released. Not putting any SW iconography in the venerable kit is just kind of... not right.

Yes, I paid the 165 points. If I ally, it is going to be obtaining 13th Co or maybe some Guard. 

I feel your pain. I had to build wolf pelts and kitbash wolf bits to make the Ven Dread (Hel Thunderfang) look like a member of the Rout and not some Ultramarine with a weird paint job.

Dreadnoughts need to be armour 13 at least, to be worth taking.

If they're headed for close combat, I'm inclined to agree. It's a bit different if they're backfield autocannon platforms, but that isn't really what I want out of my dreads. The allied-in Furioso is probably the best route for me to go.

I would  have to disagree. if a good player spots a lone dreadnought, the first thing he does is kill it, turn one. its an easy  first blood kill point. a12 is just to easy to kill. even nids will  destroy a dread, turn 1, with shooting.

I mean these guys are supposed to be the greatest heroes in the universe. who survived planetary re-entry strapped to the back of  a storm raven. but a krak grenade can completely destroy them

Archived