Void Knights (DIY Chapter)

Chronowraith

So I've taken a bit of a sabbatical from power armor the last 4ish years after completing my Iron Snakes army.  Ever since that I've talked to friends about wanting to run a Crusade army styled after the Black Templars.  I was always reticent to dive into the project due to the age of the codex.  I didn't want to make a big army only to have units invalidated.  So I played around with color scheme, wrote down some background, and otherwise kept it on the backburner.

Now that Codex: Space Marines is looming and the rumors placing the Black Templars in the basic book have all but been confirmed, I'm starting to pull everything back out and gear up to dive back into power army.

So without further rhetoric... Here are the test paints I've done so far.  (I still have to base these but I'm uncertain if that will happen since they are test models after all)

Initiate (Crusader Squad) (yes, I know the backpack colors are wrong)

Void Knight Initiate (Front)

Void Knight Initiate (Side)

Void Knight Initiate (Rear)

Sword Brother (Vanguard Veteran)

Void Knight Veteran (Front)

Void Knight Veteran (Shield)

Void Knight Veteran (Side)

Terminator Chaplain

Void Knight Chaplain (Front)

Void Knight Chaplain (Rear)

Void Knight Chaplain (Side)

Eventually I plan to create both a WIP and a Liber Astartes Thread.  I'll update this post to include the links to those threads when I create them.

@Capitano  - You know... I had never considered how close the color scheme is to pre-heresy Emperor's Children.  That being said, the Termi-Chaplain is definitely one of my favorite Space Marine figures.

@Jupiter Forge - Thanks!  I'm just waiting on the Space Marine book to drop before I move forward with more Void Knights projects.  There will be more!

Archived