It's been two years.

saturnine

Hail Brothers and Sisters, I don't post often but mostly read, but as you may or may not know, it has been two years since some of us have acquired the 5th edition Sisters of Battle codex. GW has yet to release a .pdf version except for in Japanese. 

Are there any speculations on if we will receive a .pdf of the codex or will have to wait for the rumored Inquisition codex for both Sisters and Grey Knights? Also, any guesses to when that might be? 

Posted · Hidden by thade, August 30, 2013 - Offering to share copy-righted materials.
Hidden by thade, August 30, 2013 - Offering to share copy-righted materials.

I have a digital copy of the WD codex, if you want it shoot me a PM and I will help you out.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood the question.  GW hasn't expressed any interest in releasing a PDF of the SoB codex.

My usggestion would be to send an e-mail to GW, asking them if they're going to release a .pdf version. I'll probably do the same, to show them that there is some interest in the Sisters. Hopefully it won't be a futile gesture.

Previous attempts mostly just met with nothing as the people at the end of the emails and phones can only pass on the requests (at least I hope they do). It's probably a case of the decision being made already to do whatever it is they're doing and that's that. As I said, given the length of time the "codex" has been out unless GW suddenly shift their position I can't see us getting a pdf.

I'd wager they're just going to do nothing until the new codex and models are released. We can only guess to the internal machinations of GW but it seems fairly reasonably from their point of view. For example if the update is just around the corner like maybe next year some time perhaps GW think that it is best to just have the potential new Sisters players wait and pick up the new stuff.

Given the cost of starting up now with all the metal models if I were considering a SoB army I'd think the same!

When the White Dwarf dex came out there was the rumor of a new codex in the 16 to 24 month range.  Actually it was more like speculation based on some reasonable assumptions and knowledge at that time.  Two years later even that is gone.  The last "rumor" came from a Games Day informal interview where it was said getting rid of a codex was not something they could do ... and then we find Black Templars are gone within the month.

It is all very disheartening.  I'm loosing faith. 

with the old wite dwarfs no longer being able to be back-ordered, and no official gw pdf available, I wonder if it's legal to actually post up a pdf of the sisters somewhere. I mean, there's no possible way you're decreasing sales for gw (as the white dwarves can't be bought anymore), and possibly generate more income (through players who now have access to the pdf going for models), I wonder what legal prohibitions may be against it.

I mean, I have the first 2 WD articles, so I can build a list, but I'd be mightily interested in getting a hold of the latter two I recently heard about, with the apocalypse and the cityfight/planetstrike? stuff in it.

... I wonder what legal prohibitions may be against it. ...

Pretty sure it'd still be a cause for civil action, but the real kicker would be dependent on the jurisdiction and how they interpreted and assesssed the damages. Punitive damages would hurt, but tend to be uncommon. Gee-Dub would have to prove lost profits to collect under that doctrine, so I guess it could be the price of two Dwarfs for each pair of articles? The real hammer would be that some jurisdictions in some circumstances allow the plaintif to demand his legal costs if the case meets certain criteria, and those could be runious for the average infrigner.

The real risk of posting links to said PDF on this board is that the board might get a Cease and Desist from GeeDubbayah...i.e. "cease and desist all operations and shut the board down". So, don't do that. <3

It's lame that the books we need are out of print and only can be obtained via eBay, used copies, or more technically illicit means, but it is what it is. Don't post links or offers of links here, please. :)

Posting links to a pdf of the codex is against the rules, but what about a document with a legal disclaimer at the front that contains a summary of the rules?

I'm talking, of course, about Ovion's Condensed Codex: SoB, which is the only pdf that I've seen that has never been squashed or taken down on GW's orders.

Posting links to a pdf of the codex is against the rules, but what about a document with a legal disclaimer at the front that contains a summary of the rules?

I'm talking, of course, about Ovion's Condensed Codex: SoB, which is the only pdf that I've seen that has never been squashed or taken down on GW's orders.

I'm going to hedge my bet here and assume No, because - frankly - it's not our place to risk the rights of this board to continue operating, no matter how small the risk may seem.

That said, I'll  pitch it to the administration and see if they don't disagree.

No. That's an ancient rumour that was thoroughly debunked a few years ago.

The leaks that indicated a unified Inquisition codex was coming were eventually resolved into Codex: Grey Knights.

The B&C is a reputable establishment, no fly-by-night freeboard. They take their IP stance seriously around here. Might be a reason Argos has been hosting us for decades while everywhere else seems to have come and gone.

The leaks that indicated a unified Inquisition codex was coming were eventually resolved into Codex: Grey Knights.

But....I want to believe.

But....I want to believe.

You and agent Mulder both.

I don't. As I've said before, we deserve our own book, not to be lumped in with another, even more minor organisation.

Don't misunderstand my wish-listing, or at least don't under-estimate my grandeur. smile.png I don't want Sisters lumped into an Inquisition book, or anything like that at all. I want both. I want an Inquisition book. A Rogue Trader book. And an Ecclesiarchy book. (If they want to throw Sisters in the Ecclesiarchy book instead of make them independent, I'll forgive that.)

The sisters army has enough units in it to be left as their own dex. With a few additions could bring it inline with others in 6th but honestly, I don't see one happening unit 7th, if even then. All responses I've had from them are usually just things like, just wait great things are coming your way or plastics were made but had problems with molds or some such yadda yadda.

I heard something lately on another blog that something was coming down the pipes.. late 14 early 15 at the EARLIEST. But supposedly some greens and CAD models/etc had been spotted by someone the blogger considered a fairly accurate and trustworthy source. (had been right or close several times before)

My other army is Chaos, I apparently am just drawn to red headed step-child armies.

Archived