New Dex

gory_v

The only changes I'd like to see are point cost adaptions according to the new edition, better rules for Dante, Captains and Veteran Assault Marines. The latter could just use a point cost reduction to be worth taking in higher numbers. Not much else, really. Maybe a better Red Thirst. I was thinking of something among the lines of 'roll a die for each unit at the beginning of the turn, on a 1-3, nothing happens, on a 4-6, the unit has the 'Rage' and 'Fearless' special rule.'

Snorri

The only changes I'd like to see are point cost adaptions according to the new edition, better rules for Dante, Captains and Veteran Assault Marines. The latter could just use a point cost reduction to be worth taking in higher numbers. Not much else, really. Maybe a better Red Thirst. I was thinking of something among the lines of 'roll a die for each unit at the beginning of the turn, on a 1-3, nothing happens, on a 4-6, the unit has the 'Rage' and 'Fearless' special rule.'

Snorri

do you REALLY want new SM-like Assaut Veterans? down.gif

do you REALLY want new crappy chapter tactic (like for BT or RG or Sallies ? later is just silly )

Everybody knows that our dex' could be fixed with just one Errata (points down). And everybody knows that GW doesn't sell Erratas.

and we will be gettin' a *must buy* crappy looking kit like new SM miners or GK Gundam, or just one more siily fluff-wise Sanguinor.

btw new GW sculpts (or policy) is crap, it is a given, so we will be gettin some big\gigant flying ugly thingy mark my words.

Snorri

do you REALLY want new SM-like Assaut Veterans? down.gif

do you REALLY want new crappy chapter tactic (like for BT or RG or Sallies ? later is just silly )

Everybody knows that our dex' could be fixed with just one Errata (points down). And everybody knows that GW doesn't sell Erratas.

and we will be gettin' a *must buy* crappy looking kit like new SM miners or GK Gundam, or just one more siily fluff-wise Sanguinor.

btw new GW sculpts (or policy) is crap, it is a given, so we will be gettin some big\gigant flying ugly thingy mark my words.

Chillax mate, and read what I wrote. I was talking about changes to our codex as it is now, not using C:SM as a template and add some BA flavour.

No, I don't want the new Vanguard. I want our current Vang...errm Veteran Assault Squads, with Heroic Intervention, but cheaper. 5 points per jp would be a start, and 2 points per model. Oh, and the return of our actual Veteran Assault Squads I'd really love to see!

Crappy chapter tactics? No, that's not a tactic at all, but a genetic flaw. Read the 3rd edition codex, that was where my inspiration came from, rolling a die at the beginning of your turn and see what happens. What I stated was merely a speculation about what could help besides a point discount. Same for the rule update for Dante and our Captains, which both are at a big disadvantage on the field as of now.

Nothing is a must-buy. And even if we got a, oh I don't know, flying mutant bat with a scorpion tail which dishes out 20 s10 Ap2 BS6 shots, I wouldn't buy it. Same for the Centurions.

Centurions are sillyness packed into horrible hulking forms, and that's all. My army is more about asthetics than gameplay, so these abominations are never going to see my paintstation, or even my credit card.

Snorri

I usually dont stoop to inter-dex comparisons, but the fact that HG get arty armour and PWs (ala SG) and are priced at 25pnts is quite telling for me (and it does grate me a tiny bit ><; ).  Although, im hoping it means that SG shouldnt be more than 30 points (and likely to be closer to 28) in the "new dex". 

I usually dont stoop to inter-dex comparisons, but the fact that HG get arty armour and PWs (ala SG) and are priced at 25pnts is quite telling for me (and it does grate me a tiny bit ><; ).  Although, im hoping it means that SG shouldnt be more than 30 points (and likely to be closer to 28) in the "new dex". 

SG have Angelius Bolters and can chose which type of power weapon on a wim. Not sure 30 points will be the target.

Angelus bolters aren't particularly awesome and I assume the honor guard can also choose whether to equip an axe or a sword :/ SG also uses a precious precious elite slot where it competes with priests, termies and fragiosos. Considering that they are a cc-oriented unit with WS4, I4 and no invul save, 30 points is certainly the upper limit.

SG have Angelius Bolters and can chose which type of power weapon on a wim. Not sure 30 points will be the target.

As can the Honour Guard...and they have more variation in what PWs they can choose and have more attacks with them. :(

As I already use SG regularly in my lists,  would be ecstatic if they drop the price to 30. 

If an HG is 25, we should be 28 or so since we add a jump pack but lose the +1 attack for the second weapon.

You know what would be awesome? What if the Blood Angel BGD was a monstrous creature... a flying monstrous creature with vector strike. A Blood Angel veteran piloting something like a centurion, but slimmer, and with freaking wings and huge claws?

That would be kind of sweet, actually...

Well the only problem with making a new BA codex is, what will they add to it?

Kit wise right now the BA are pretty good:

Big Kit/Flyer: Stormraven

Elite Unit: Sang Guard

Duel Kit that makes basic guys or special guys: Check, you can even make Tacticals, Assault or Death Company.

Special Tank: Baal Predator

That's Fast, Heavy, Elite and Troops right there plus almost the entire Marine range. What's left? HQ? Plastic special characters? Giant Robo-bats?

Duel Kit that makes basic guys or special guys: Check, you can even make Tacticals, Assault or Death Company.

That's Fast, Heavy, Elite and Troops right there plus almost the entire Marine range. What's left? HQ? Plastic special characters? Giant Robo-bats?

Plastic contemptor dreadnoughts whistlingW.gif

Plastic contemptor dreadnoughts whistlingW.gif

GW has laid it out as a fact that they will never undercut Forgeworld. Never.

I imagine we will get our own fighter flier (or just the storm talon), new wargear options, Dante & Mephiston will be fixed (new models maybe) and a points reduction across the board.

I really hope we can still control the DC in the next book.

Archived