Choosing a Legion for the Great Crusade

So I'm sure you people see this a lot but I decided to ask for some help on picking a legion. Now to bring a short introduction to myself (or what is relevant in characteristics):

I tend to be cool headed, especially when in combat situations when I was back in the military and I have a high tendency to be unrelenting and unmerciful, I am also slow to anger. Now to the essential stuff; I love infantry warfare, heavy armour and most of all if possible flexibility in warfare against all odds but if not then I would improvise to the situation.

Here are the legions I summed up to choose from:

- Iron Hands

- Iron Warriors

- Emperor's Children

- Vlka Fenryka "Wolves of Fenris"

- Salamanders

If there is anything more you guys would like to know then let me know as I am asking for your guys' opinion on my situation, so cheers for helping me!

PS: Yes yet again I choose a legion and for the last time sweat.gif

Hands. Black is sexy, and they deserve the love.

Second suggestion would be EC. Purple and gold is also quite sexy.

After that, anything but Wolves. tongue.png

Although given your description you sound more like a Death Guard sort of guy than anything.

So far the Iron Hands and Iron Warriors are at a tie of 7 on 7, so which one of these two shall be the legion to be made?

@Firepower  I totally agree I do sound like a Death Guard type of guy as they are heavy/ light infantry based army, but so many people make such beautiful examples of their army that I decided to just go with other legions that haven't seen the spotlight as much yet

So far the Iron Hands and Iron Warriors are at a tie of 7 on 7, so which one of these two shall be the legion to be made?

@Firepower I totally agree I do sound like a Death Guard type of guy as they are heavy/ light infantry based army, but so many people make such beautiful examples of their army that I decided to just go with other legions that haven't seen the spotlight as much yet

Hands it is then biggrin.png

They're the Sisters of the First Founding :teehee:

Well he current vote is:

Space Wolves = 4

Iron Warriors   = 8

Salamanders  =  2

Iron Hands      = 10

Dark Angels    =  3

Death Guard   =  4

So here is the last session/ round of votes to see which legion will be made and which one will go to a 5000pt army. BEGIN!!!

Thank you all for your awesome comments and I must say it has been really fun to see some of the comments I have read (over at Horus Heresy thread) and it really gave me more perspective on a few legions. So now Iron Hands and Iron Warriors are tied yet again by a 4 on 4 and if I may say both who are loyal to the given legion have shared an awesome rivalry so far laugh.png and I personally just can't wait to see what legion will win the vote because now I am eager to make one or the other. So which legion (last question) in your opinion is better pros and cons in combat as well as personality?

Iron Hands would be my vote. Mix in plenty of bionics from Forgeworld, GW and Anvil industries. The IH paint scheme is really lovely when it's done properly. Over on BoLS, there's a user by the name of EnergonGoodie who has a beautiful IH army:

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?20178-energongoodie-s-Iron-Hands

Well the victor was just going to be IH as it was 6 out of 5 but then Thunor's_Hammer commented and now it is even once again...I must say I have a mutual respect for both legions as:

Iron Hands: Implacable advance with no fear and with their bionic enhancements are able to endure a lot of fire power while also giving it, their use of heavy armour (mainly bionics) and their different styles make each one of them fight independently without having to look back to leadership necessarily. Now IF I do them then my IH would be one of those clans that fought with Ferrus Manus but in the end only have a few survivors, many of the others died in the conflict. Now the only reason I have not chosen them so far is because after I read Fulgrim I have to say that I was a bit sad that Ferrus Manus would be blind enough to charge into the overwhelming force of traitor legionaries (which by far is the most stupidest military move in history but if I had succeeded in killing Fulgrim it would have been worth it) and that I know FM is a good tactician I will make the excuse for him that he acted upon the emotional side from the betrayal

Iron Warriors: Now this legion I admire for their siege craft (which if I may say I am also great at) and their use of highly strategic assets while keeping the pressure on the foe is good but alas there is something amiss with them as they seem to hold back to much in the trenches instead of going out there in the fight, while yes they do not require bionics as much as the Iron hands they still seem to hold too much regret and after I read Betrayer I had respect for them but at the same time was a bit unnerved by the fact that the ambition of a few of the members almost had the entire mission compromised (and yes I am talking about a specific character who tried to kill Forrix)

now am I missing anything?

Hahaha don't worry brother as I just had to role a die for which one of these two came to be the winner in the end and it is...........Iron Hands, now I will make a list of units which will be 5000pts worth of an army (may go higher!) and I am planning on making a 2500pt army for IW when I am able to sometime in the far future

Archived