Ultramarine Tactical Squad - Retro second edition

Gareth

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-G62WQPV51Pw/UiT6OKEc2LI/AAAAAAAAEqQ/kQekuvanqhc/s1600/IMG_7297.jpg

Quite proud of this squad. Was a lot of fun to paint. The missile launcher is my favourite part. I can't wait to paint the new centurions in this scheme :D

More pics over on my blog
http://taleofpainters.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/showcase-2nd-edition-ultramarine.html

Or check out this cool unboxing a shrink wrapped 2nd edition game here

Tsk

You're are SO out of date dude, our guys now can look down the sights of their guns.

But really, I always loved this marine sculpt. I can't explain why. Simple but determined. And I also really miss this 'wacky' schemes. The missile launcher is awesome! I wish I could see more "updated" old designs and colors

Great work dude. I love 'em all

Oh I love these so much! I can't wait to get to the ultramarine in my list ;p

Really lovely colours, proper Ultramarine colours like they used to be (and should be ;p ).

The knee badges are my fave, which blue did you use btw?

Basecoat Caldor Sky

Glaze Macragge Blue (make the glaze using a lot of lahmian medium)

Glaze Hoeth Blue

Fine detail line Kantor Blue in the recesses

Edge highlight Fenrisian Grey

Ahh, the good old days. I remember popping those guys out of the sprue with my bare hands, because I was a dumb kid with no clippers biggrin.png

But if you wanna be really retro, don't go through all that basing. Forget teh sand and the static grass, just paint the bare plastic green and move on msn-wink.gif

Fantastic squad. Really takes me back. I remeber playing with these against the old plastic Gretchin.

Lovley precise paint job. Clean, crisp and smooth, and great free-hand work with the missile launcher and other details like the check work and squad markings.

Excellent work! Enjoying the detail given to each marine and the base work. 

Between this and other posts with these old models, this is inspiring me to break out some of my 2nd collection and paint some up :)

Ahh, the good old days. I remember popping those guys out of the sprue with my bare hands, because I was a dumb kid with no clippers biggrin.png

But if you wanna be really retro, don't go through all that basing. Forget teh sand and the static grass, just paint the bare plastic green and move on msn-wink.gif

Love these! Great scheme, especially on the Missile launcher

I remember doing the same as Firepower, popping them off the sprue with no clippers so I could get gaming! Those were the good old days smile.png

Hah! You had it easy. In my day, we had to get up at 6am, walk down to the plastic mill in bare feet over roads of hot coal, and spend 32 hours a day chiseling plastic to play a game that took 73 hours to play. But we were happy!

Love the painting on these dudes. I really miss the little motifs people used to do on the legs and knee pads etc.

• 2 weeks later...

They can?  I'd love to see the tutorial on that one.  ;)

Well, according to the new Tactical Squad instructions, you assemble your Marine as normal,and make sure to use arms 54 and 55, plus your choice of bolter. :D

Awesome old school paint job, but I agree, the bases are the wrong color! :D Fantastic work!

Archived