Heresy Revelations for Russ?

Kasper_Hawser

Hi all, just to highlight, I have started a thread which aims to analyse everything we know about the Wolf King based on all Horus Heresy literature to date. This includes some material from Scars as well. It is a pretty intense discussion and should make for an interesting read for everyone. Bear in mind though, In that discussion I aim to analyse EVERYTHING about Russ, including the bad, the ugly and the hideoous. Oh and of course the beautiful. Well, as beautiful as a wolf can be.

Major Spoiler starts from here. Srry, don't know how to use spoiler function.

So if I read correctly from here, Russ is already sad for being in the wrong
place at the wrong time. How does he still feel about the Burning of Prospero
though? My thinking is that he still think he is justified in destroying the
Thousand Sons, but should realise by now that he was duped into fighting that
crisis first instead of the real traitor that is Horus.

Think about it. In Prospero Burns, he had already two forewarnings about
Horus' treachery.

1) The incident with Kasper, where one rune priest was mutated into a wolf
while trying to delve into Kasper's mind. The corrupted rune priest somehow
found out about Horus treachery and tried to tell Russ and the Wolves, but of
course, due to his mutation, his word was considered tainted.

2) Leman Russ DID know that Magnus used sorcery to warn the Emperor of Horus
sorcery. Its just that due to the nature of the messengers, both warning got
rejected.

Then what happens after Prospero? BANG! Istvaan 3 happens, Einstein barely
manages to warn the Emperor, and a grand total of 3 legions are effectively
wiped out with another 3 legions revealed to be traitors as well in Istvaan

If I were Russ, I would be like DOH!

So again, what are Russ feelings about Prospero now?

Yes, which is why I am currently reading it, have read until the pacification of the Aghoru to date. And that's why in the other thread I was asking for what happened in other books or stories about Russ I may or may not have read.

My question for this thread is related specifically to the Scars novel. Please try to understand my question.

My point is that revelations about Russ and the Wolves beyond A Thousand Sons or even the new Scars weekly. In the other thread you admit to having not read the above novel and that you started with 5th edition fluff. This doesn't touch on any of the Index Astartes articles (which by the way does not have Horus changing any orders from Terra) and says nothing of Collected Visions either. Wolf at the Door? Another missed opportunity for you to get a glimpse into how the Wolves think which by extension would be how Russ thinks.

So it isn't so much that your topic of addressing Scars only and revelations about a Russ, but that you have no further background knowledge beyond what little you have read to be revealing any revelations to a forum full of people that have delved very deep into the background and fluff of Russ and the Wolves. Your topic would be better organized as you searching for information as you expand your research instead of taking he stance that you are coming up with groundbreaking new info.

Just my $.02.

My point is that revelations about Russ and the Wolves beyond A Thousand Sons or even the new Scars weekly. In the other thread you admit to having not read the above novel and that you started with 5th edition fluff. This doesn't touch on any of the Index Astartes articles (which by the way does not have Horus changing any orders from Terra) and says nothing of Collected Visions either. Wolf at the Door? Another missed opportunity for you to get a glimpse into how the Wolves think which by extension would be how Russ thinks.

So it isn't so much that your topic of addressing Scars only and revelations about a Russ, but that you have no further background knowledge beyond what little you have read to be revealing any revelations to a forum full of people that have delved very deep into the background and fluff of Russ and the Wolves. Your topic would be better organized as you searching for information as you expand your research instead of taking he stance that you are coming up with groundbreaking new info.

Just my $.02.

For your information, I have read Wolf at the Door. And some of the Index Astartes articles from 5th edition given to me by friends a few years ago. Unfortuantely I lost contact with that friend and have not been able to get any recent Index Articles as of late.

And I am not aiming to post revelations based on my own limited knowledge: I am ASKING if there are any more revelations about Russ revealed in the Scars weekly novel.

Forgive me for being sensitve, but you almost sound like I don't deserve to ask questions just because I am a relatively newcomer to the 40K universe. Yes I only started reading up on 40K for only a few years but I am massively interested into delving more into the lore, therefore I am asking questions and hoping to participate in discussions.

Please cut me some slack. I just aim to have intellectually stimulating discussions about characters I admire, not to have my mouth shut off just because I'm not as well versed as the rest of you.

Keep it cool boys, I'm sure i have read stuff you have not and you have read stuff i did not, this does not make you a bigger fluff head, and there are no stupid question just stupid answers.

I'm thinking of getting the whitescar novels just for the extra insight to Russ, just like betrayer has a part in it with Russ that shows me his spirit but also his flaws.

Its hard to get a glimpse of Russ as there is no book that focuses around his character. Lets hope there will be a book where he fights off the Alfa's and we find out who his ally was in breaking this blockade.

Keep it cool boys, I'm sure i have read stuff you have not and you have read stuff i did not, this does not make you a bigger fluff head, and there are no stupid question just stupid answers.

I'm thinking of getting the whitescar novels just for the extra insight to Russ, just like betrayer has a part in it with Russ that shows me his spirit but also his flaws.

Its hard to get a glimpse of Russ as there is no book that focuses around his character. Lets hope there will be a book where he fights off the Alfa's and we find out who his ally was in breaking this blockade.

OK. I'm still going through thousand sons, but Prospero Burns features quite a bit on the Wolf King and I had to say it shocked me how....... calm Russ was even in regards to Magnus. Oh well, I need to see the Thousand Sons side of the equation now.

I don't think Ramses was trying to shut you down Kasper, rather there is some confusion about the nature of the discussion you are attempting to have. The problem is that this thread, and your posts in general, are fairly confusing. Your first post states you want to "analyse everything we know about the Wolf King based on all Horus Heresy literature to date" yet your subsequent posts say you are "ASKING if there are any more revelations about Russ revealed in the Scars weekly novel" so... which is it?

Your first post also mentions how intense the discussion is before said discussion has even begun. I think you would have gotten a better reaction and more responses by asking everyone to post up summaries of information on Russ from the various sources out there to try and compile a list. Then once all the information is present, have a discussion on how it comes together and what kind of picture it paints about the Primarch.

If you want to focus just on the Scars e-book that's different. We aren't even halfway through the releases, it would be hard to trickle a discussion for another month and a half on such scant information. It would likely be more effective to wait until all twelve episodes are out then compile all the information about Russ revealed in the e-books.

OK, here's to clear up the confusion:

When I mentioned the "Discussion to analyse Russ", I meant in the Horus Heresy forums thread, named the Complexity of Leman Russ. In that thread, I AM asking for all information regarding Russ. But you are right, while I'm gathering the information from everyone, I still discuss his character at the same time as I gather information. Is that wrong? Posting my two cents based on my limited understanding, then subsequently updating as the debate goes on?

I read Prospero Burns ages ago, and there was so many things that shocked me and I just wanted to get it off my chest. And it seems I am lambasted for it, ironically in the Wolves forums.

In this thread, I am just asking for whatever revelations about Russ from the Scars story to date. Was that so much to ask?

Please, I beg all of you, do not make me afraid to post anything in the wolves forums, or anywhere on bolter and chainsword. I just want to be heard like everyone else and engage in stimulating discussions with all of you. Maybe even one day, picking up the miniatures and start playing instead of just reading the novels and codexes.

Sigh, I propose to close down this thread since everyone seems to be confusing my intentions.

OK, here's to clear up the confusion:

In this thread, I am just asking for whatever revelations about Russ from the Scars story to date. Was that so much to ask?

No that is not so much to ask, it just was not clear. We aren't trying to put you off posting, there is no reason for such a stark reaction.

In future it helps to link to other threads and discussions pertinent to a discussion if you are mentioning them and a clear topic sentence with a well defined subject or question helps make your intentions clear and keeps things on track.

Archived