What is the best weapons combination for a Praetor

Grizwald23

I am currently building my terminator Praetor for my SOH and I am using the Abaddon model as the base cause its so cool. I know I want a Paragon Blade cause they kick ass. I am planning on using his powerfist even though it looks like a lightning claw to represent this since in the book it says they come in all different forms. But what should I give him in his other hand. I want a close combat monster who can take on anything. I'm thinking maby I should give him a thunder hammer or PF so he can take on anything. Does any one have any advice. His Cat Terminator command squad if its any help is armed with 1. 2 L.Claws, 2. 2 L.Claws, 3. P.Axe & P Blaster, 4. C.Fist & Volk C, 5. TH or PF can't decide & Volk C

I also have a Jump Pack Praetor I am going to build soon so any Good weapon combos for him as well are aprechiated. I plan on using the Loken model as a base for him.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Paragon blade and Charnabal sabre combo. Sure the rending is made useless by Murderous strike, and he only gets that +1 initiative in challenges, but it really gives him a small edge up to break the Paragon blade vs paragon blade stalemate.

Do you get the special effects of both weapons? I thought you had to choose one and you only get the +1 Attack bonus from the other.

So you would either have to pick the Paragon Blade and get its special effects and fight at the same time, or pick the Charnable Sabre and get +1 Initiative but lose the AP2 and other benefits from the Paragon.

• 3 weeks later...
You only get the benefit for the weapon you attack with, if your praetor is emperors children then a sonic shrieked thing changes the game every time. But the best way to do it everytime no matter what is a paragon blade and combi weapons, digital lasers (+1 attack) and master craft the blade

Archived