Them Yellow Reggaemuffins - A Blog

Well The_Chaplain, then I'll dedicate this pic just for you tongue.png

Much appreciated brother! If it isn't too much trouble, would you mind fielding a quick question? What is the detail on the parchment on his side flowing out? On the gw page in the 360 degree view it looked a little like part of an aquila, but the color was too dark to make out any real detail.

He looks really good so far! What are you using for the dark gold/brass color like on his reliquary shoulder?

I've made this rant a dozen times over, but GW really shot themselves in the foot not releasing that chaplain separately, it's a lot better looking then people give it credit for

@ The_Chaplain: it is indeed half an Aquila on the parchment.

As for my Gold recipe: 

Step 1: Brass Scorpion layer

Step 2: Reikland Fleshshade

Step 3: drybrush Brass Scorpion

Step 4: Drybrush/highlight Gehenna's Gold

Step 5: Lamenter's Yellow Glaze

I quite agree on the "not-so-wise" move of GW to sell him in the Reclusiam boxed set. but seeing as I needed a Command Squad anyway, I bought it. I'd love to buy another, but I dont need the Command squad.

@ Bryan Blaire: Thanks for the praise :D

- Luther

Here's a small update for you guys.. I've started work on my Tactical Squad. This is the current progress as well as a Heavy Bolter marine, that for some reason managed to escape the picture.

http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w624/Luther-the-fallen/Imperial%20Fists/2013-10-10150709_zps538d0953.jpg

The captain is a fantastic conversion. Simple but brilliant.

The new marine bare heads look great. Is that one from the sternguard set?

Yep, pretty sure it is. Looks different from the ones from the tactical box and the vanguard box.

That chaplain looks great

Seconded, thirded, fourthed, etc.  Any chance of a shot from the back?

Indeed that head is from the new sternguard box. Pics from other angles will be up tomorrow (in about 24 hours that is) as I have to sleep before work (officers prefer it when soldiers are rested) and then leave for home ( a three hour drive) after work.

- Luther..

Archived