Pre Heresy Modeling Questions

crimsonfist123

So with all the new Forgewrold stuff out, I'm going to start a new Pre Heresy Dark Angels army. I had a couple of questions. 

I've seen some Pre Hersey Dark Angels with little wings on theirs helmets. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get this bit or if it;s part of another box sex.

Also, do normal marines, Ravenwing, and Deathwing all have black armor in a pre heresy army?

Thanks for any help!

The little wings are from the Ravenwing upgrade sprue and are available quite readily on eBay. As for RW and DW, yep both have black armour, although it is unknown if those formations existed or went by those names prior to the destruction of Caliban.

Cheers,

Jono

As grotsmasha mentioned, the ravenwing upgrade sprues have the wings. You get them by cutting the swords off of the ravenwing symbols. As for colors, they all had black armor pre-heresy. The winged sword emblem was also red.

On the note of the formations existing, I don't know about the Deathwing, but the Ravenwing certainly existed. They come up in the HH novels, and if I remember correctly, they rode actual horses on Caliban.

I'd say considering how large many of the legions were (even by FW's Horus Heresy standards), there is a fair chance that some praetor had a structured company somewhere near to  Ravenwing's formation. They (meaning legions in general) had whole companies using specialized units such as bikes and such.

Anvil industries for the winged helmets

Raven helmet

"Winged" Predator Helmet

Mine ended up like these (Sword guy in middle picture and bolter guy in bottom picture) - good quality, quick delivery and I am a repeat customer as they are so good.

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/109/9/c/horus_heresy_dark_angels_by_elmo9141-d6298f0.jpg

Archived