New Black Templar allies ?

SinnerBeta

So with the new fluff for Black Templars and Sisters/Ecclesiarchy establishing the relationship between those organization as more or less friendly, do you think they'll FAQ the allies chart in the rule book or will they keep it as it is ?

Personally that would make me really happy since those are my two of my favourite armies (religious zealots GO !) and I used to ally them a lot during the Witch Hunters era.

The allies matrix has bugged me from day one. Space Marines can share a bunk with the fish heads but witch haters and witch hunters can't get along?! 

I don't see them changing it any time during this edition, though.  They even went out of their way to make sure the BT keep their place on the chart.

So with the new fluff for Black Templars and Sisters/Ecclesiarchy establishing the relationship between those organization as more or less friendly, do you think they'll FAQ the allies chart in the rule book or will they keep it as it is ?

Personally that would make me really happy since those are my two of my favourite armies (religious zealots GO !) and I used to ally them a lot during the Witch Hunters era.

Most likely, seeing as GW has all but abandoned our bloodthristy zealots and turned them into witch hugging panzies. Why not make buddy buddy with the militant that serves the annoying Inquisitors that are always trying to stick their nose in Templar business. Might as well.

Why not make buddy buddy with the militant that serves the annoying Inquisitors that are always trying to stick their nose in Templar business. Might as well.

Nah, they changed that too, remember? It was in the Grey Knight book where they revealed that Malcador's incorruptable knights of incorruptability needed the blood of battle sisters to remain incorruptable.

All we have now are priests.whistling.gif

Why not make buddy buddy with the militant that serves the annoying Inquisitors that are always trying to stick their nose in Templar business. Might as well.

Nah, they changed that too, remember? It was in the Grey Knight book where they revealed that Malcador's incorruptable knights of incorruptability needed the blood of battle sisters to remain incorruptable.

All we have now are priests.whistling.gif

Wait, what? I know about the whole retarded grey knights killing sisters thing but what does that have to do with them being militants of the Ordo Hereticus?

Wait, what? I know about the whole retarded grey knights killing sisters thing but what does that have to do with them being militants of the Ordo Hereticus?

I thought you were refering to the way things were under the WitchHunter 'Dex wherein the Sisters were the Chamber Militant of the Ordo Hereticus. Now that they ain't, they can buddy up with the Templars without bringing Inquisitorial scrutiny with them.

I thought you were refering to the way things were under the WitchHunter 'Dex wherein the Sisters were the Chamber Militant of the Ordo Hereticus. Now that they ain't, they can buddy up with the Templars without bringing Inquisitorial scrutiny with them.

I am referring to that. Since when have they not been? I have found no point in any fluff that has retconned that.

I am referring to that. Since when have they not been? I have found no point in any fluff that has retconned that.

Since the Knights became the go to chamber for the whole inquisition. Has a direct rules implementation with the ordos selectable by inquisitors out of that 'dex.

Got changed before then, in the Grey Knight codex and then confirmed in the Sisters codex.

If we really want to go digging, I vaguely recall some editorial wherein Gav recanted the whole assignment of the sisters as the chamber in the first place as mis-placed zeal in an effort to provide tie-in support for his coincident game Inquisitor.

If you've been paying very close attention, it was a change that was a long time coming.

Yeah, true. I can't give a direct reference to the Gav interview, though, so I don't mention it in case someone demands sources... since the "but they should have been in the GK book" argument is one of the biggest ones our detractors like to throw at us when it comes to squatting. Dumb heretics.

I'd swear I have that WD somewhere, but I lack the zeal to travel hundreds of miles to dig in an archived box for it.

Sounds like the grief is proceding apace and you're back then? It provided a really odd context to the whole notion of 'inhereting a GK army'.

Yeah. The funeral is tomorrow... his grandmother dying is probably what prompted him to pass his army on, so in a way it's that kind of inheritence.

The deceased was an amazing woman, but she was rather traditional in her hobbies, lol. Despite that, I can actually imagine her playing.

• 4 weeks later...

The allies matrix has bugged me from day one. Space Marines can share a bunk with the fish heads but witch haters and witch hunters can't get along?! 

I don't see them changing it any time during this edition, though.  They even went out of their way to make sure the BT keep their place on the chart.

It's not as bad as the old ally matrix in apocalypse where necrons could ally with tyranids and chaos daemons. Back when necrons where genocidal robots and not tomb kings in spess

Archived