Painting White Plague Marines

I've spend a couple of days troiling the internet and have found that tutorials for painting white plague marines to be lacking. So, I'm turning to the community to see if all of you have any suggestions of how I would go about painting white plague marines. I plan on doing zenith painting on them, so my plan for now is to prime the models in Vallejo Grey Surface primer. The shadows would be Badger's Minitaire Dead Flesh, the highlight would be done using Badger's Minitarie Skull White. It's the mid-tone the I'm stuck on. I don't know if GW Rotten Flesh would work or if I would use something else. My goal is to not have a true, pure white look. I hope to have a subtle shade of green through out the paint scheme. Once it's done, I would do an oil was of Brown and maybe Olive Green. Again, suggestions and help would be appreciated.

You could just base coat them white and do what the Wizard of Oz did and force everyone to wear locked goggles with slightly green tinted lenses "to protect them from going blind." 

If I wanted to get a green hint then I would start with a white base, mix a black or brown was with a green wash over the entire model so the shadows are greenish, then maybe mix in a very small amount of green to the white layer I'd dry brush over top.

Interesting, but I hate mixing colors as there is rarely consistencey between batches or models. At least, that is how it always turns out for me. Most of my work now is done with an airbrush. I also want to do a nice Nurgle army. I have this thought that even though I'm painting Nurgle doesn't mean my army or painting has to look slobby.

Interesting, but I hate mixing colors as there is rarely consistencey between batches or models. At least, that is how it always turns out for me. Most of my work now is done with an airbrush. I also want to do a nice Nurgle army. I have this thought that even though I'm painting Nurgle doesn't mean my army or painting has to look slobby.

That's the nice thing about the greenish shadows, or any shadows for that matter, so long as you are close it is fine as differences between models will be natural looking since the light will hit differently on different areas and it is highly unlikely you will manage to have different models occupy the same space at the same time (unless you have Schrodinger Marines who may or may not occupy the same place in your army case until you open it tongue.png). As to the top most coat, you can use an eye dropper with measurement marks to ensure you mix the same amount of paint each time. If you cannot find one with marks, make it by painting your own and sealing it with polycrylic or some other paint on varnish.

Alternatively instead of the mixed dry brush coat you could do rotting flesh or one of those other sickly light colors like it and then dry brush white over top of that.

Archived