BT Sternguard Wip

Phonos

5th guy  came out kinda green so his brothers decided to put him out of his misery! 

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/ChrisChriso/IMG_5178_zps0acc5ef2.jpg

Jokes aside i needed a break form all the black red pattern so i decided to paint my first ork(not gonna a start a xenon army!) ! Was just a test figure since my experience with green skin tones is kind of limited.

Planning to add a few to accommodate my Templars on display!

Lovely, but they aren't welcome here smile.png

No, but seriously. They aren't. Power Armor and Imperial Guard on the BnC, only. verymad.gif

In the mean time, as a reward for taking a bold step towards reaching out to shake hands with other species, please accept this congratulatory kerosene shower, and this lit match...

furious.gif

By the way, what did you use to make the wall it's behind?

Honestly didn't know!
Have no intention to post anymore filthy xenon ork experiments of mine.
Please rethink burning me up Firepower! Was just studying orks to find better means of extermination!

It is a resin base back2base-ix bought 2 years ago, don't think it is on their inventory anymore.

Lovely, but they aren't welcome here smile.png

No, but seriously. They aren't. Power Armor and Imperial Guard on the BnC, only. verymad.gif

In the mean time, as a reward for taking a bold step towards reaching out to shake hands with other species, please accept this congratulatory kerosene shower, and this lit match...

furious.gif

By the way, what did you use to make the wall it's behind?

Well, let's look at this picture a bit closer. There's some Sword Brethren approaching to remove the greenskin from the the picture (and existence!) And those SB are Power Armoured! :P

Seriously though I think this picture merely bends the rules, not breaks them. Just my opinion on that, though.

Back on topic, brilliant work on these Sword Brethren so far!

I really like your approach on this delicate matter Darklight and thank you for your comment on the SB!

5th guy is primed and ready for painting!hopefully by the end of the week the 5man squad will be ready!

Planning on making it a 10man squad but that will take a while.

More to come!

I very nearly put my modeling knife through my monitor when I saw that filthy xenos scum. Perhaps that's the reason for the rule. Still -- it's quite a nice, vibrant green, and should contrast nicely with a standard-issue targeting reticle.

~K

Honestly didn't know!

Have no intention to post anymore filthy xenon ork experiments of mine.

Please rethink burning me up Firepower! Was just studying orks to find better means of extermination!

It is a resin base back2base-ix bought 2 years ago, don't think it is on their inventory anymore.

You're alright man. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you were unaware of that little rule smile.png

The proper way to apply green is to splatter it across the terrain, usually with a bolter or a chainsword, but a Crozius works pretty well too. As we can see the Combi-Plasma wielder is getting ready for just that.

Small update a bit of-topic .

So still 5th guy still remains just primed.

Instead i have been messing around with a stormtalon don't ask me why..

Done some weathering on it not sure about the result but still needs work more insignias details on lenses etc.

Pics are from various stages of the painting process eg fisrt pic is with 1st level rust and wash on the engine still drying!

Messed around with the base and managed to get a quite pleasing result (photo with the base primed). The base was done from sracth with reference to the resin base u can see in the photo.

I've used some sort of polyurethane foam from a wing of a crashed rc!

Comments are always welcomed!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/ChrisChriso/IMG_5253_zps0c439103.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/ChrisChriso/IMG_5264_zpsb07e8dbb.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/ChrisChriso/IMG_5266copy_zps263db4d3.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/ChrisChriso/IMG_5272_zps688531b4.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/ChrisChriso/IMG_5273_zpsa35be90e.jpg

Wish I had one or two of those to play with myself.  I dunno why everyone seems to hate that kit (aside from the landing gear).

What technique are you using to do the weathering (the browns in particular)?  It looks very good in places, and yet very odd in others, like in the crevice lining through the front right wing.

@Trignama Thank you sir!

@Firepower Personaly i love the looks of the model that's the main reason i started painting it.

First with a semi destroyed brust i do the basic chip damage using valejo chanmail silver. After i finish with the chips i add some detail on outlining them either with grey on blacks or my highlight red on reds. You can go a step further by addin some shadow to the chips by adding someblack on the inner outline.

After the chips are done i add the rust. Using a mixture of red gore/bestial brown 50/50 extreemly diluted i go over chips and crevice lines etc. During this step and while the pain is still wet i add some flow to the rust with a small brush slightly guiding the paint on the panels to the direction i want.

Final touches are with a mixture of the same paints but with different ration bestial bronw to red gore 80/20. With this mucture i go back and paint bolts screws and go over the already painted rust to add some highlights. Note that i use a small drybrush for this step.

;

I agree with you,the crevice lining on the first photo was indeed overdone! It was during the first stages of weathering so it has been "erased" !

Nice painting! Really. One of the best I've seen so far here on forum. May I ask how did you get so "rich" and "deep" black, did you paint them or spray them (with airbrush or with can spray)? Or is it because of good camera with nice and expensive lens. In any case I like them. I like the blacks and how you've painted skin and whites. Thumbs up!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the flattering comments guys!

Blacks where primed with citadel black primer with added touches of chaos black where needed then sprayed with semi glossy varnish (wish gives the a more shiny effect on black).

There is no special lens involved just my iphone camera smile.png Probably the backround flatters them models as well.

Progress has still been very very slow since irl keeps me away from my templars.

Finaly finished my Stormtalon and got a second box of Sternguard for a full 10 man squad!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/ChrisChriso/IMG_5446_zps64ec27ed.jpg

I like this a lot but out of all of them the one that sticks out to me is the very first Marine

puffing his chest out like "HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE NEW ARMOUR AND YOU DONT..."

I mean grants I assume he is the new guy to the group recently promoted and no one is around so yeah I can see him strutting his stuff around like he is top dog...

followed by another marine walking in the room and him playing it off

• 11 months later...

Archived