Are we too different to play single codex?

AekoldHelbrass

Oh, I agree. I like FW rules. I just think some people attack the 3.5 dex like it was worse than the current codex. Like the legion rules took away options rather than giving them. Were the rules rather 1D? Maybe... but I still feel that was better than nothing XD.

Oh, I agree. I like FW rules. I just think some people attack the 3.5 dex like it was worse than the current codex. Like the legion rules took away options rather than giving them. Were the rules rather 1D? Maybe... but I still feel that was better than nothing XD.

My opinion isn't that the 3.5 was worse. All in all, it was better. My opinion relates from the fluff side. The 1D view of the Legions in 3.5 is almost as bad as having no Legions at all. The biggest problem I have is all the fake stereotypes that have arisen as a result of those 1D views presented in 3.5. And personally, I'd rather not see any Legion rules than promote a stereotype, especially a false one.

If we could get something that was a basic premise of the current edition with the capability of 3.5 with the overall and specific flexibility of Forgeworld, I think we'd hit a balanced and awesome jackpot. The problem is that such hopes are the very definition of a pipedream and wishlisting.

My opinion isn't that the 3.5 was worse. All in all, it was better. My opinion relates from the fluff side. The 1D view of the Legions in 3.5 is almost as bad as having no Legions at all. The biggest problem I have is all the fake stereotypes that have arisen as a result of those 1D views presented in 3.5. And personally, I'd rather not see any Legion rules than promote a stereotype, especially a false one.

If we could get something that was a basic premise of the current edition with the capability of 3.5 with the overall and specific flexibility of Forgeworld, I think we'd hit a balanced and awesome jackpot. The problem is that such hopes are the very definition of a pipedream and wishlisting.

All 40k codices only represent a snapshot. Even the current codex just represents what a stereotypical warband might have in it. But again I understand your concern. I think the Nightlords are the most obvious example. Lots of bikers and raptors isn''t what makes the nightlords the nightlords (although they may have been involved in the development of assault marines?), but the fear and terror tactics they use. The fact that they don't fight with any imaginary lines that they can't cross. That is pretty hard to represent... Especially when you have silly rules like ATSKNF XD

Archived