+++ Call of Chaos VI +++

Captain Semper

I, zyl-, answer the call as well. I will try to complete a body blitz of models..

19 daemonettes (1 test model is too close to done to count)

19 flesh hounds (test model out again)

35 cultists

14 cultists

5 havocs, 3 of which have heavy bolters that suspiciously look like noise marines with blastmasters ph34r.png

1 herald of slaanesh

5 havocs again - autocannons

2 chaos spawn

Well it's not as impressive as humanly possible, but 100 models! Updates will be placed in my WIP army log here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/249710-my-upcoming-chaos-army/page-2 I will update for each squad at least 3 times (24 updates) beginning, middle, and end. Be it a giant sucess or failure (giant either way), I will wear the badge my efforts merit come Janurary 15th.. and the next day will be my 29th birthday.

I immediately regret that decision.

edit: first pics have been posted

I, Screaming Skull answer the call of Chaos and vow to paint 1 Chaos Lord, 1 Dark Apostle, 1 Hellbrute, and 5 Chosen by January 15th 2014.  I promise to update my project at least three times per unit pledged or face the wrath of the Dark Gods! If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

I, NoLifeKing answer the call of Chaos and vow to paint 2 Heldrakes, Chaos Land Raider and 10 Chosen for the black legion by January 15th 2014.  I promise to update my project at least three times per unit pledged or face the wrath of the Dark Gods! If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

I Jiron answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete squad of Chaos Raptors and one Obliterator of the Space Rats warband before January 15th 2014. I promise to update my project at least three times per unit pledged or face the wrath of the Dark Gods! If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

And now technical question: I usually paint minis one by one. Can the "during" update be in form of some of my warriors finished while others in the state of undercoat? Like "Look I have already painted half of my squad!"?

Alright, loads of stuff vowed so far - hopefully even more will follow... The Dark Gods thirst for the souls of mortals!

@ Dark Ven: Updated your vow with the two new units!

@ HsojVvad: The short answer is yes. But keep in mind that you must do at least two units and no more than six in total! So there is no real benefit declaring just one - because even if you do it and fail to deliver a second one then the Dark Gods will feast on your soul anyway!

@ Brother Heinrich: Uniformity in Chaos! ohmy.png New management - new banners! Adopt to the change for it is ever present! biggrin.png

@ zyl-: Sorry mate - just six units tops (logisitics)... I have included the first six in your vow just for quick reference. You are of course welcome to put some added self-imposed restrictions (more units) that will please the Dark Gods! devil.gif

@ Jiron: It doesn't have to be a fully painted squad... as long as it is a WIP picture it'll be great. The undercoated stage is really equivalent to the starting pic - so I'd expect something more than that for the second pic... msn-wink.gif

@ Noctus: Well, I cannot follow everyone's blog so you have to post here, either the picture itself or a link to it from your blog. In case I miss something let me know and I'll fix it.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Alright then, I'll be the one to start this thing off, guys

Here is the pictures for my first vow entry, Dark Disciple Zerrith. A simple note is after I took the new pictures, I decided to add just a small bolter feed at the bottom of his combi-bolter to make it seem more like an actual combi-weapon (even if it is infused to his arm)

Vow Entry 1 Update 1

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000258_zpse7fd8049.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000259_zpscd15178e.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000261_zps998b550b.jpg

Paint will come soon.

I Forté, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 1 Chaos Lord and 5 Noise Marines before January 15th 2014. I promise to update my project at least three times per unit pledged or face the wrath of the Dark Gods! If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

This may be difficult as I look forward to there being no mercy on my soul. Sounds exciting.

@ Danny: It's six units in total. Even the Inner Circle has logistical limitations. Besides, that's a unit more than it was afforded last year...

I will update again soon guys - kind of busy right now! :)

thamier answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete a Chaos lord on bike, sorcerer  on bike and a unit of  5 Plague Marines before January 15th 2014. I promise to update my project at least three times per unit pledged or face the wrath of the Dark Gods! If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Here I will show my path of Chaos and the galaxy will burn!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/278434-let-the-galaxy-burn-balefire-legion-is-back/

I, leinmann, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 10 Chaos Space Marines (Iron Warriors) and 1 Renegade Sorceror before January 15th 2014. I promise to update my project at least three times per unit pledged or face the wrath of the Dark Gods! If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

I'm quite glad this has come round again, it means i can finish my IWs and have all painted toys again, just haven't been motivated to finish that last unit since i undercoated it. and the sorceror i haven't decided what colours to do/which chapter he fell from, so he'll at least have a paint job by the end of this. 

So you want me to take that before picture and cut it up into individual parts?  I had planned to paint these all at once and make my WIP shots all the same, but this is your gig so:

Styx

http://s23.postimg.org/tpbb5cn63/Styx_01.jpg

Hades

http://s18.postimg.org/n9a5qq3hl/Hades_01.jpg

Murder

http://s23.postimg.org/8eisy7bd7/Murder_01.jpg

Devastation

http://s21.postimg.org/4e2xe2ctz/Devastation_01.jpg

Slaughter

http://s24.postimg.org/n1fmlhttx/Slaughter_01.jpg

I, Lord Toeko, of the Erinyes Chapter answer the Call of Chaos, Thusly pledging my soul and my brothers souls to the Dark Gods and vow to complete two 10 Man Squads of Chaos Space Marines before January 15th 2014. I swear to update my project at least three times per unit pledged or face the wrath of the Dark Gods! If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

I Luther - the fallen answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete, for the Glory of the VIII Legion: one Chaos Lord, one Sorcerer, one Warpsmith, one unit of Chaos Terminators (4 Terminators), one unit of Chosen (5 Chosen) and two units of Chaos Space Marines (2x8 Chaos Marines) before January 15th 2014. I promise to update my project at least three times per unit pledged or face the wrath of the Dark Gods! If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

- Luther - the fallen.

Well, we lured leimann out of the IG boot camp... That's a success no? tongue.png

hahaha oh you Captain Semper you. i saw you were running a painting contest and thought well how can one resist? that and its a great excuse to get my chaos space marines back to 100% painted, so everyone's a winner msn-wink.gif

@ Danny: It's six units in total. Even the Inner Circle has logistical limitations. Besides, that's a unit more than it was afforded last year...

I will update again soon guys - kind of busy right now! :)

It's 6 because the Dark Prince deems it so. So enjoy it and all the feelings of accomplishment that will come to you.

I can see great enthusiasm there Traitors! Now for those who plan to paint some Fallen, I would like names, addresses and what is a good time to call... (I'll bring some buddies form the Reclusiam as well - it'll be fun)

@ Chaeron: You assume correctly. msn-wink.gif

List updated to this point!

That's fine - will keep adding then ;)

I Minionboy answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete the models listed below before January 15th 2014. I promise to update my project at least three times per unit pledged or face the wrath of the Dark Gods! If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

10 Chaos Space Marines

2 Chaos Rhino

10 Chaos Cultists

3 Maulerfiends

2 Heldrakes

Archived