jim's Space Wolves WIP

BrotherJim

in particular im interested to see how people feel about the bike bolter conversion, I know it looks a little funny  having the ammo desend into the wheel like that, but still, im happy enough with it. but im open to thoughts?

also black/grey fenrisian wolf, or grey/white?

Ahhh so this is the fabled thread you so boasted of.

I must confess that I am among those who finds little love for the Sons of Fenris. However you're doing a superb job so far and I love the level of detail you're putting into each of these.

I do have to say though, and this may just be the camera... but the colors seem somewhat muted, a bit dull. They don't exactly pop. Have you considered dry brushing a bit of enchanted blue on that Grey armour, just to give it a bit high lighting?

haha thanks for taking a look mate, you never know what you may find!

yeah I hear what you're saying, not sure if drybrusing is the way I want to go though... I used to drybrush with fortress grey before a thin black wash overall...

also tried space wolves grey...

its one of those things that bothered me for awhile and then I just got over it... line edge highlighting will suffice for now.

but then the debate continues highlight fortress grey, or blue grey...

im really happy with the colour itself, so for now I'll just let it speak for itself.

glad you like the army bro, ive been researching space wolves armies for the last 4-5 yeaars and I think in all that time I only found 3-4 I actually liked.

its really easy to make :cuss looking wolves, that's forsure.

appreciate you taking a look

I think once I get the pack markings done, and faces and hair, and maybe some battle damaged, the grey will fade into the background abit...

alrighty bumpty bump

got some work down on my vow

gallery_70574_8889_700305.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_270116.jpg

If you are wondering where I find all my time, its a long story, and I think that's why people end up starting blogs. so they can talk about themselves.

Its tough though, where does my army end and I begin? I am space wolves and the Rout are me.

Got some more work down on the WG

gallery_70574_8889_161471.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_662360.jpg

It is amazing how efficient I become when I don't let myself leave my desk! I keep my laptop downstairs and do my painting upstairs for this reason. if I took my laptop into my hobby room, I may never come out!

I "finished" my wolf lord as much as such a thing is possible.I tried taking photos in a different light. the sun light here is great but not very consistent. I did take some photos up stairs with a quick light box I knock up... I'm getting there!

gallery_70574_8889_100496.jpg

Really pleased with this guy. Cannot wait to get him onto the tabletop. I revised the bike rules in the BRB, and im super excited about unleashing him on the field.

I think the thing I like the most is that I can field him straight away, its not like I have to paint 5 more of him.

gallery_70574_8889_202610.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1023439.jpg

Lately I've decided to turn the system upside down. start at the top first, and work my way down.

One thing I have been lamenting lately, is that I missed out on getting the stern guard and vanguard when they were available in lead/pewter.

(sculpted by juan diaz (sp?) )

really love those spacemarines. and with the advent of failcast, and now the plastic stern/van/guard. my only option is ebay, which isn't altogether bad, sometimes people don't know what they have!

It all boils down to this question-

Would you rather paint 1000 space marines once?

Or paint 1 space marine 1000 times?

Myself, I went with the former. I wanted an army. the article "quantity has a quality all its own" was my gospel on this quest. I highly recommend that article.

make sure you read it two to three times a week and you can effectively brainwash yourself into completing your army. worked for me!

but i'm past that now. its time to move on. so my plan has 3 phases, but somehow, a forth has slipped in

1. Plastic Imperial Spacewolves. (the ones ive been spamming) My fighting army. The one that sees the table top. I will always be refining and adding to this army.

2. The 13th Company. Freedom from the imperial yolk. This is my conversion army, where I will refine and develop my green fu etc. The fluff i'm running with is that these guys chased one eye into the eye of terror at the razing of Prospero. And have been fighting behind enemy lines ever since. hopefully there is a supplement coming. the wulfen aspect is one I will address as the time approaches...

Basically I want to build the current codex but with a strong 13th company theme... One thing I want to do, is take the TWC wolf heads and mount them on a pike and use them as my wolf standards yes.gif lots of skulls, massive conversions, you know the drill.

3. Forge World. need I say more? When Forgeworld release the Vlka Fenryka I will know we live in the end of time. the sky is falling, the Wolf King has come.

and 4. This is the one I wasn't expecting. Classic Jes Goodwin Space Wolves. Jes Goodwin anything really. I actually have most of this army already. you'll see them pop up from here on in. This (and fw) will be my painting army, where I practise my painting. I don't think I will convert these miniatures, unless it can be down without damaging them.

Now that I have begun gaming, it is time to allow phase 2 to blossom. though there is still a lot I need for my fighting army...

anyway lets kick things of in style

gallery_70574_8889_85720.jpg

Stayed up late last night painting this guy. Please excuse the maleficarum. I can convert his arms no problem. I don't even need to check to know that every weapon in the spacewolves box will slot onto this guy. That's the beauty of the God Emperors grand design. I am currently in love with this miniature, I want 5 of them! This guy is my guidestone, when building the 13th. I only picked him up yesterday! Really pleased with how my colour scheme translates to chaos armour. That may or may not have been planned, other joy of the system. Everything can together great, only trouble I had was his face and hair, simply because I don't have system for them yet....

this is my new standard, especially given how quick it was. (thankyou Mr wet pallet! the unsung hero of all painting logs)

gallery_70574_8889_307224.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1139382.jpg

haha and here is my hand the this morning

gallery_70574_8889_61133.jpg

you know you've had a good night when... (your not wearing any briefs)

alrighty so that's it. really enjoying myself atm. here is some of my other classics hopefully showing my development as a painter. I just keep pushing a little more with each one. because they are pewter, i'm never afraid to try new things on them. becaue of the ease of stripping the paint.

ok let me know your thoughts, hopefully I get a game in soon and be back with a batrep!

for the WolfTime! and for Russ!

gallery_70574_8889_915471.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_745475.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_656715.jpg

thanks mate, despite my recent bravado, I am not confident to finish them. There are a few things I want to try out first on my termies.

been wanting the chaos lord for awhile now, and he was a great confidence booster, plus he has an amazing cloak :)

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice! I especially like your bike-mounted space wolf lord! You really pulled off the metals there.

As a side note, you have a very entertaining style of writing; I found myself spitting tea over my laptop twice while reading your latest update ;) Kudos!

haha thanks mate

did your tea come out of your nose? that's the worst!

thanks for the compliments on the wolf lord, I actually just finished my rune priest on bike and im waiting to take some photos before the weathering begins.

im doing ok with the highlights on the chest eagles and such, but the storm shield really brings me undone, just not certain which lines to hit.

also ive been finding that chainmail is too bright.

I might mix a step of bronze/chainmail and slip that in...

ive been working my butt off lately and should have an update tomorrow for my loyal readers smile.png

also ive been thinking a lot about what my next attempted project may be, and what I want to achieve next.... painting or playing? conversion?

hmmm having massive issues copy/pasting photos in here at the moment, which is devastating for my planned update.

I will have to do some investigating and see whats up, it just wont paste!

already tried turning it off and back on again...

maybe if I find a bigger stick to hit it with...

that'll work!

alrighty update time

I have been working away at everything at once, so not alot completed at the moment.

firstly, my vow in the Space Wolves forum

gallery_70574_8889_751646.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_210786.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_301945.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_55268.jpg

so all coming together there.

I had a game against Imperial Guard and it was brutal. I realised it was time to build the Long Fangs.

not sure if i've shown them properly before, but i did some re-building. been putting these guys off for awhile, simply because of the amount of work involved because i dont like the stock poses.

first up my missile launher guys, had these done for awhile now.

gallery_70574_8889_881126.jpg

zee plazmagunna's

gallery_70574_8889_1109376.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1488030.jpg

i like this guy, as if he is feeling te heat come off the weapon. will be nice to paint this lot wen i get around to it.

gallery_70574_8889_251124.jpg

this next guy will eventually be reaching for the knife at his belt. though with a simple head twist he can be made to look like he is single handedly firing his plazma cannon. bringing the epic back.

gallery_70574_8889_1214161.jpg

lascannons, space wolves can actually take 5 of each heavy weapon, but im not that rich. i have the melta gunners and eavy bolters to take up space in these squads.

gallery_70574_8889_922191.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1023483.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1217125.jpg

mr wolf guard

gallery_70574_8889_261858.jpg

rune priest on bike, pre wheathering

gallery_70574_8889_857560.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_479815.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1546537.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_724097.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_557148.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1290544.jpg

ok and lastly i have some stuff i would like for your advices on. stubled accross some old space wolves artwork i havent seen for awhile and it put me in a mood to build some 13th.

gallery_70574_8889_20361.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_10397.jpg

now i wasnt able to actually build this at the moment, but the seed was planted. for now im not going to tackle the wulfen. im just mainly thinking about space wolves fighting behind enemy lines, lots of gear and convert stuff. low equipment and the need to salvage armour. Also a big part of space wolves for me is the fact that scouts are now elites. who remembers these miniatures

gallery_70574_8889_2022323.jpg

this was around the era when a grey hunter gave up his power armour to better act as a sergant for the wolf scouts. so it seems reasonable to me that space wolves trapped behind enemy lines, would stripp off some of their power armour to increase stealth and recon abilties.

wanted to hold off until i got some paint on them to make a better case. but let me know what you think, hit, or miss?

gallery_70574_8889_1541291.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_948149.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_721979.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_449671.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_470133.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_261274.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_678585.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_633094.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_301492.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_336936.jpg

let me know what you think, green light?

merry christmas everyone! take care of yourselves!

haha thanks ds, it was a good christmas, with beers and family and lots of fine food.

plus leftovers for james, so its christmas all week at my house!

alrighy then, just abit of a random update today because this happened

gallery_70574_8889_12490.jpg

what? whats this we are looking at?

the desk! the desk my good man! look at the desk! my lord its beautiful.

now it just so happens that i have been imagining exactly this desk in my mind for quite some time now.

I thought, "I need a new desk,

one big enough that i can buy/build a spray box and put it on it, so i can use my airbrush indoors without any issues.

big enough that i can work on it without having to pack away my spray booth

and just the right height so that i can work on it without getting a sore back

it would be nice if it had drawers too

nothing fancy, I like the light and veiw from the window, so no overhead cupboards, just a simple sturdy desk of nice craftmanship

no snaptogether ikea stuff either, something solid, with presense and purpose

and it needs to be free,

oh and also I dont have a ute or any means to move it, so yeah, thats what I want."

I have been thinking about this for a longtime. Once I get a new desk, I can look into getting my airbrush up and running again, so i can finally paint something other than spacewolves, that doesnt take a week worth of basecoating. Which means I am one step closer to fulfilling my childhood dream of building and painting armies for a living, and simultaniously taking over the world *cue evil laughter

So I went to my goodaunty Jennies house for Christmas Lunch, as we do every year, and BOOM, there is my desk. Just sitting there in the corner, looking like its waiting to be thrown out. They didnt buy it for me or anything, it used to be at my cousins house, blah blah blah, some old man build it etc.... mine!

and my other cousin had a ute, so no problem.

The next issue is getting things up the stairs, and around corners here.

But both my brother and my cousin were hungover on boxing day and needed lifts to their cars, so i picked em up and made them help me. The desk was 10mm small enough to make it. So with many curses and bruised fingers, we got it done.

Theres more to the story but I will leave it there for now, dont want to scare of any brave or foolish readers that have suffered this far sweat.gifteehee.gif

And if you have been here from day one, please note how only last week i was teasing folks for starting army logs and talking about themselves!

The hypocrisy! It burns!

But really I've been wanting to show my work area for awhile, but was too embarrassed by my chaddy desk.

gallery_70574_8889_542898.jpg

Home sweet home.

gallery_70574_8889_1572768.jpg

I like being organised. Over time everything finds a place, based on usefulness. Really excited about all this extra desk space, I don't know what to do with it.

Will be fun breaking in the new workspace.

gallery_70574_8889_1381336.jpg

Drawers by word! My goodman!

gallery_70574_8889_119458.jpg

Three of them!

gallery_70574_8889_950868.jpg

so then i got a little snap happy

here is the current state of Project: Space Wolves

gallery_70574_8889_150108.jpg

the tub to the left has the rest of the gear in it. wana take a look? well ok, because its you!

gallery_70574_8889_1148850.jpg

oh hey my TWC, I forgot I had them.

gallery_70574_8889_271968.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_103693.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_832154.jpg

Now here and there about the place i have been quite vocal about my dislike for the thunderwolf caverly. Even upsetting some of my own wolfkin. So this is showing, just for the record, that over the years I have tried to like them. At this stage I have 15 TWC in the house. You may or may not recognise them, 3rd party was all the rage before gw dropped their ones. If you want to know where they came from, check the space wolves forum, I think the thunderwolves thread is still near the top of the "most viewed" filter. because i have forgotten.

For the moment, I am all wolfed out. I have been thinking for awhile about what kind of project I would to do next, so i wanted to try a few things out.

It was obviously going to be chaos spacemarines. i can practically hear the laughter

"muahahahahahahaaaa, foolish boy! You though you could build from chaos and not fall into our lure, you went so far as to paint a Chaos Lord and still call yourself a purist, you were a fool and worse, and now your soul belongs to us!"

gallery_70574_8889_445538.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1098133.jpg

So the decision has been brewing for awhile now. Getting the desk was a great omen and the decision was made. I went to ebay and found myself a cheap chaos army (the old army box) with some other bits and pieces, all in various states of ssembly and paint. So I am going to tear it down and restore it. I've done all the varios jobs seperately, but never one single project so ambious. This will be the ultimate dry run for me. If I can achieve it, I will invest in an airbrush/spraybooth

• some notes.
  • I dont mind paying full price and supporting gw, and my flgs, but I dont like buying things piece meal, and the idea of buying a whole army new is just too much.
  • Back in the day down here in Aus, we could get things posted from overseas at regular prices, and I cleaned up.
  • I actually had to sell off alot of my stuff, very heart breaking, it was still on sprue ya know, but i've been slowing building it back up.
  • some army notes
  • the iron warriors scheme is very close to my wolves, so that is good, not too far out of my comfort zone
  • there will be other legions
  • there will be lots of cultist (secertly building a renegade guard army)
  • will be looking to alot of the chaos logs on here for inspiration
  • I know very little about chaos, i dont even have the dex yet
  • progress will be slow

Thats it!

I luckily avoided it entering my nose, but from now on I won't read your thread while consuming any type of beverage. ;)

Really nice desk! I like the concept of partly stripped power armour, it rhymes well with the feral attitude of the space wolves!

thanks mate,

yeah i won't be surprised to see FW HH Space Wolves, with bare arms. After all the world eaters and night lords are doing it.

In other breaking news, I have been working on my vow. pretty much finished now, and not a moment too soon.

gallery_70574_8889_1452142.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_338943.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_350391.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1349152.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_545931.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_826888.jpg

Just ignore the power weapons, I usaully paint them at the end, but this time I rushed em through with everything else, for the sake of getting things done.

here are some combi weapons I have gathered up for my termies

album_8889

this is the fw decal sheet that has the transfers i am going to use. it has 5 of the ones I want for use on termies (wolf head facing forward on right shoulder

gallery_70574_8889_261438.jpg

but only 5, when I need 15. debating freehand or just buying the sheet twice more.... thats alotta decals I wont ever use...

gallery_70574_8889_77405.jpg

here is the current state of my wolf wing. please note the combi plasmas, only just completed today. Would be cooler if they were the new ones from the sternguard kit, but it was actually because they were released, that i felt it was ok to use them up in this way...

gallery_70574_8889_1189934.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_102254.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_275174.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_271257.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1382000.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_506472.jpg

the state of my heroes

gallery_70574_8889_1285924.jpg

finally begun attempting pack markings, very wip

gallery_70574_8889_615717.jpg

the bad guys.

gallery_70574_8889_246949.jpg

I think I have decided to base these guys the same as my wolves, so they look like they are fighting a battle. then i can make terrian and develop some fluff and hopefully make a cool campaign.

gallery_70574_8889_1336701.jpg

so yeah other stuff has been happening but i cant think because this happened

gallery_70574_8889_916987.jpg

I wish I could say this would be next,

gallery_70574_8889_489588.jpg

Pretty excited about recieving my package. I might do a fancy un-boxing, just to help me keep track off everything you know? not showing off or anything :P

happy new year!

Well you know how it is with e-bay, sometimes you win big and some times you miss big.

What am i talking about?

Plastic glue, my friends. Plastic glue everywhere.

Recently I bought a chaos space marine army lot from ebay, with the goal in mind to pull it apart and rebuild it. I was concerned about plastic glue, I even msged the bloke and asked him about it, but he didn't know. The army was his son's, its funny because it mentions in the blurp that his son lost patenice with it, and after seeing the army, I can only imagine why. :)

For those of you not in the know, plastic glue melts the plastic and permantly seals the pieces together, it takes quite abit of time to set.

Super glue, on the other hand, sets immediatly, and can be undone immediatly.

Now if I were you average Joe Blow consumer, and i had to choose between plastic glue, and super glue. I would choose the super glue. cause you know, its SUPER!

Everything you need to know is right there in the name!

So looks like I am going to have to take the long way around on this one, *out comes the saw

some photos

gallery_70574_8889_1277073.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_710554.jpg

its basically the old army box, + terminator lord.

this is about the best job i can do of taking them apart

album_8889

you can see were sections of the body are torn away

gallery_70574_8889_1304314.jpg

I should be able to save the termi lord with out too much fus, all I am missing here is the right shoulder pad

gallery_70574_8889_1163222.jpg

the head lights on the rhino are pretty bad

gallery_70574_8889_1224915.jpg

wouldnt be complete with out the rear door being glue on backwards

gallery_70574_8889_586246.jpg

I actually feel bad for the kid who put this all together. I didnt get a photo of it but it seems he wasnt allowed to use a knife, because the flamer etc ere all glued in with the handles still attached. just a great big plactic knot were the hand meets the handle meets the chest.

ahh well fun times ahead. I was due for a loss anyway after scoring the table. I actually believe this is what my subconsicious intended all along.

You see the thing is, Dtd Night Lords were the first chaos space marine army I really got into, I think I just spent too long staring at the pictures, I cannot work with chaos space marines straight from the box. They just dont seem big enough, or dexterious enough. But I cannot bring myself to chop up brand new plastic either, so ebay was my only option really. I just dont think I was prepared for how bad it would be. Or how long it will take to turn it around.

I was really hoping I would get lucky and it would be super glue and I could just build Iron Warriors in the style like Insane Pyscho's and be painting them up next week...

but no.

ahh well let the madness insue

gallery_70574_8889_1433439.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_87874.jpg

good thing i dont have anyting better to do for the next year or so. the funny thing is I'm not even sure if I can rebuild the army, some make think this is foolish bravado.

But i believe people can learn to do anything. everything is easy once you know how, so this build is really going to be about me and greenstuff geting to know each other.

advice, comments, criticism and friendly banter encouraged!

Lol thanks for the support guys, during this difficult time.

@ forte : I don't think we are supposed to mention the wolfwiz outside of The Fang brother msn-wink.gif our little secret smile.png

but thanks mate, I do try! your emperors children tempt me so, really impressive.

@ DS : loving the coloured font bro, looks like you have found some wolfwiz of your own!

@ Natanael : hehehe its funny you should say that brother. I'm not certain how this hooby works for other people, but for me its alot like an elastic band, when I push too far in one direction, its snaps, and I go flying back in the other direction. Luckily I have played this game before, and a place has been made ready.

Here are some Imperial Space Marines I have been working on. My one true love. I'm not even certain what I am building here. I just build what pleases me and call it what it looks like when I am done.

I think I am building Raven Guard. This would work out well for me as allies to my Space Wolves. Lots of assault marines and flyers and speeders.

Never really liked flyers much, but the Forge World Fire Raptor, that model, I love.

something about it reminds me of when I was a kid, visiting my dads neighbour, he had alot of miniatures, in particular I remember the APC from Aliens (the second one)

This guy was serious, not just toys, but models and props from the old days before cgi when minitures where used in films (the good oldays)

Something about that has always stuck with me, and the fire raptor reminds me of that miniature.

IMPERIAL SPACE MARINES

gallery_70574_8889_617614.jpg

the basic idea is 5 man squads who are decadited to their chosen aspect of war, eg assault marines with duel plasma pistols, knives, etc

trying to use up all my cool bits, and throw my codex in the bin (where it belongs) tongue.png

I find building space marines very cleasning after all that chaos

gallery_70574_8889_761823.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_884004.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1328160.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1100642.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_67178.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_104389.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1486157.jpg

hope you like em! there will be more, oh yes, many more. I really like Raven Guard. Their character and their colour scheme.

Thats all well and good Jim, but what are we going to paint tonight! I need instant gradification dammit! I cant wait around while you build an entire legion!

Jeez who brought that guy biggrin.png

gallery_70574_8889_771197.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1335474.jpg

*whistles jeez I dont think I'm ready to paint these guys.... They are only the sexist terminators Citadel has ever produced. But if we all waited until we felt ready, nothing would ever get done.

The plan with the Blood Angels Termies is to paint them up as Blood Angels, but hopefully my opponents will let me run them as wolfguard when I take a Loganwing.

So I will have my 15 Space Wolves termies, Logan himself, and these 10 Blood Angels simply "count as"

Just because I love them and want to see them on the feild. Most the Folks are pretty cool down at gw, so this shouldnt be a probelm.

Speaking of which, I got a game in today, against Andrew and his Eldar. Its was 1750 pts. I didnt manage to snap enough photos to give a play by play, but it was a good game. so far I have played 4 games 2 against eldar (draws, run overtime) once against guard, I lost badly, but learned(sp?) alot. And once against chaos, which was a tough game that I lost.

Its been fun, I dont expect too much from the game, and there is alot to take in, but I'm getting better. One thing I will say, that for me, playing against a painted army is 1000 times more enjoyable than an unpainted one. It doesnt even have to be well painted, just painted.

so here is todays army. same basic list. The combi-plasmas on the Wolfguard really paid off, practically totaling a squad of wraithguard. Hmmm other cool stuff happened. My poor WolfLord on Bike is still squadless, but I take him anyway just for the absurd amount of firepower he eats up. Today I ran him at the WraithKnight (the big guy) yeah, he didnt make it, but only because the stupid flyer thing (whatever its called) arrived that turn to back up the wraithknight. would have been awesome if he made it through, not even certain I could kill it with the wolflord, but thats not the point at all.

ever been so angry you hit a wraithlord with a thunderhammer?

also my vindi didnt make it passed first turn, the wraithknight spelt his doom.

hmmm there were alot of critcal dice rolls that just didnt go my way, speaking of which, it came up, that any squad, with or without a pysker, can attempt to deny the witch?

thats a bit :cuss in my opinion, whats the point of being a badass pysker if any joe blow can just block you? well at least attempt to.

so anyway, the army

gallery_70574_8889_842796.jpg

at the very least I need to name my squads, because I am very pleased with them. Also really impressed with the formidable power of the humble boltgun. this grey hunter squad also took out a wraithguard squad, well down to a man anyway. though it may have been the plazma gunners

gallery_70574_8889_1731944.jpg

so apparnently striking scorpions are good at close combat? who knew? haha i'm kidding of course, but space wolves never run from a fight!

gallery_70574_8889_1364437.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_103734.jpg

wish i'd got more photos

gallery_70574_8889_844921.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1236917.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1108304.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1576539.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_366616.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1170919.jpg

So yeah rules as written, it was a draw. But when you only have two drop pods and two rhinos left on the board, you dont mind admitting the other guy won.

But Andrew wouldn't have it, hehehe, he even looked up the victory conditions and showed me lol.

So enough of the smokes screens what am I am actually going to do next. Well i have been thinking about that. I may have mentioned I have Cypher and the dark angels vets, and the ravenwing sprue. Also I have Coteaz and some imperial guardsman types.

So it may seem a little flava of the month, but seeing as the rules for both these miniatures have just been updated, and I have only just begun gaming, two models I already own because I think they are cool...

Well thats all the omen I need.

Also apparently I am a idiot.

because I can use my phone to download an ebook reader, and then go to the black libary page and download the rules (at cost of course)

I just always assumed you needed an iphone...

Alrighty I think thats it...

Oh also I should mention. I have just begun reading soul hunter. I've had this book for years since way back when dans log was still active. But I never read it, for fear of the terrible curse it would put on me.

But at the moment I am reading my way through the Horus Heresy, I'm up to Fulgrim, but I skipped ahead to read Prospero Burns. Now I have decided to read them in order, they are great books.

But everyone keeps carrying on about Aaron Dembski-Bowden, he used to post here on the b&c and I enjoy his Blog, seems like a cool guy.

But I am impatient and it will be awhile before I get up to one of his books in the heresy,

when I mentioned to the gw manager that I have Soul Hunter but have not read it, he fixed me with a very serious look and said only two words

"Read it"

Only up to Chapter 2, but wow, yeah ok. I'm in.

So just a disclaimer, you know...

Also while I was at the store, the manager, lets call him Bob. Bob mentioned to me that saturday would be a good day for me to drop in, because there is something that I will be interested in. Very cloak and dagger in typical GW fashion, but I get the feeling something will be realeased this weekend.

Now outside of books and e-books the only thing I have really hassled him about is a 40k skirmish game, or a new fantasybattle boxgame.

I was pretty dissapointed when we didnt have an Australian Games Day last year, and there was no mystery box for christmas sad.png

I mean it will probably just be a book or a mini I asked about, or something else random

But if it is a mystery box, and I dont say anything now, i will burn later on

Because I so love being right about this stuff

And if it is something random, then I will look a fool, and thats nothing new around here smile.png

Will james be right about his hunch?

Will he ever be brave enough to paint his space hulk termies?

Find out on the next exciting episode of....

GAH! CLIFFHANGER! ;) 

Nice battle. I run an eldar list very similar to you opponents. More wraithguard and less transports, tough. And I fully agree that is A LOT more fun to go up against a painted army. I havent played with my wolves for months because of that. Now I got a game next week, so I better get painting. Luckily I have your log to keep me motivated. 

haha cheers for that mate, keep painting your wolves man, we need more around here. I had a quick look through your thread the other day, but ever since I started my own, its just been all- me, me, me around here lately smile.png

yeah the eldar army is pretty tough.

Its ground hog day here today, I got an early mark and picked up a game against Andrew and his Eldar.

It was a great game, I learnt alot.

I got totalled.

Like dead.

Dead dead.

It was advised to me that I may have better luck if I drop a squad of termies and pick up a squad of bikers for my lord, or some more grey hunters.

Come one guys I just painted these ones up! Look how shiny they are!

But yeah that is the plan.

This afternoon I could have painted anything up I wanted, but I chose to go and play a game instead. So I feel bad about my statement in regards to unpainted armies, however I'm sticking by it.

You could wipe me from the table turn 1, if you did it with a painted army, I would be like "whoa that was awesome, lets do it again."

But if your army was un-painted I might have a few other choice words for you.

I'm really getting into the idea of bat reps. I need photoshop, just another thing I need. Speaking of which. So far I have bought a cheap painting guide from the black library, so now I just need to figure out how to make my laptop and my phone read it. I dont want to break any laws or anything.

I ran a google search which lead me back here to the b&c, so I'm feeling pretty confident.

I'm talking about Chyper of course.

gallery_70574_8889_25522.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_201978.jpg

Seems acheivable. Only fairly sure its legal. 5 chosen with plasma, Chyper, in a rhino, and they inflitrate?

Seems dirty but fun aswell.

Can I just point out that todays game had two flyers and a wraithknight.

Also wanted to point out, in the photo earliar, of my imperial space marines - all the shoulders and wrists have been pinned.

I know it kinda looks like a bunch of grey plastic, blu tacked together, but actually there has been a lot of work done.

The game now that the upper bodies have been completed, is to swap them all about the place making sure I didn't miss any cool poses.

Also if anybody does have photoshop, and nothing else to do, could you please take the photo of my lone rune priest, facing down the wraithlord and the wave serpants (from the post above this one) and make it look cool with lighting and then write down the bottom

"you shall not pass!"

hahaha you must do this.

Archived