Space Marines Omnibus

Disruptor_fe404

I just had the Omnibus delivered and dove into it. Not very far currently, about halfway through the McNeil Iron Warriors short (seems fairly boring so far, actually), but I'm fairly certain I once read the Imperial Fists Scout story that's next.

Does anyone recommend any of the stories in it in particular? I mean, I'm definitely going to read all of them, but I'm curious of any of them stood out to the rest of you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yup, enjoyed Renegades immensely!

Also the one about the Sons of Malice.

I'm reading the Black Templars one currently (where they lose three Land Raiders in the first couple of pages), and something about the writing style for this one feels... off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not related to the omnibus really but I've been looking for two short-stories that I read years ago but can't remember what they were or where I read them, maybe someone will recognise them or maybe they're in the omnibus?

The first is something about a fight against someone (probably chaos) with two different marine forces, I think it was Black Templars and someone else. At the end of the story there is a chaos artefact/weapon that one chapter wants to keep, the other wants to destroy, then they square up and it ends, with the implication that they then fought each other.

The second is a squad of IG in a jungle, they get sent a commissar and a Kroot mercenary to help them find and secure some artefact or weapon. The kroot turns out to be working for the Inquisition or something? Anyway by the end of the story the Kroot has killed everyone and taken the item to a helicopter where it's master are waiting, then when it hands the item over it's masters shoot the Kroot to tie up loose ends. On second thoughts it could be the Commissar that survives to the end...

Anyway, I don't know which stories are in there but I've read the Sons of Malice one which was extremely cool, though is probably going to be the only thing ever written about them. Is the BT one where they are travelling to retrieve and awaken a Dreadnought? Read it a while ago and short stories don't really stick with me but IIRC it was a good story.

Yup, the ones you've read from the Omnibus are 'Malice' and 'And They Shall Know No Fear...' (the latter still being the one I read most recently, haven't had time to go back and get more of it into my brain-grapes).

I don't think I've read the other two you're talking about though. The IG one sounds like it'd be an interesting read.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished reading 'One Hate' by AD-B last night, and it's definitely the best one so far. Excellent (if too curt for me, as I want much more of it) exploration of non-battlefield interaction between Astartes, dramatic without being overwrought, glorious premise.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished reading 'One Hate' by AD-B last night, and it's definitely the best one so far. Excellent (if too curt for me, as I want much more of it) exploration of non-battlefield interaction between Astartes, dramatic without being overwrought, glorious premise.

Aw, thanks, dude. Cool of you to say so. That was the first thing I ever wrote for BL.

Archived