The Imperial Truth

Balthamal

The hint is in the title, can anyone who has been to a GW/BL event this year and picked it up provide some info on what's contained since the word I've picked up is this isn't going to end up on general release for years and is an event exclusive for the forseeable future

• 3 weeks later...

It contains six short stories, Hands of the Emperor by Rob Sanders, The Phoenician by Nick Kyme, The Lions Command by Gav Thorpe, The Devine Adoratrice by Graeme McNeil, Lord of the Red Sands by A D-B, All that Remains by James Swallow.

Cheers,

Jono

Hands of the Emperor is 34 pages.

The Phoenician is 8 pages.

By the Lions Command is 18 pages.

The Devine Adoratrice is 30 pages.

Lord of the Red Sands is 8 pages.

All That Remains is 16 pages.

Hands of The Emperor is just a fantastic little story. Tensions between the Custodes and the Imperial Fists over who is in charge of the defense of Terra.

The Phoenician is alright. A dying Iron Hand witnesses the duel between Fulgrim and Ferrus.

By the Lions Command is alright. Corswain encounters some Death Guard while en route to Caliban.

The Devine Adoratrice is excellent. An excellent look into the houses of Knight Titans, and how corruption can spread so easily. I really hope that McNeill has more planned with this arc.

Lord of the Red Sands is plain ADB awesomeness.

All That Remains is great. More of Malcadors sneaky plans. And a pretty big revelation. (That most people saw coming) But still, its nice to see how things are tying in. I expect this arc will play out in an audio drama sometime in the future.

All That Remains:

The story takes place on a ship full of injured Imperial Army soldiers and war orphans. The ship is powered down and lost in the void, and a small group of soldiers are trying to get to the bridge to find out what is happening.
They find a lone Thousand Son there waiting for them. He tells the group that Malcador has need for warriors such as them; most of the soldiers and orphans on the ship have latent psychic powers. At the end they begin their journey to Titan...

All That Remains:

The story takes place on a ship full of injured Imperial Army soldiers and war orphans. The ship is powered down and lost in the void, and a small group of soldiers are trying to get to the bridge to find out what is happening.

They find a lone Thousand Son there waiting for them. He tells the group that Malcador has need for warriors such as them; most of the soldiers and orphans on the ship have latent psychic powers. At the end they begin their journey to Titan...

Aha! I should have guessed...

Thank you brother!

That is a rather nice revelation and like all good revelations, it poses more questions. Especially given the legion involved. But then again now that Scars has finished a giant leap in imagination isn't that much

All That Remains:

The Thousand Son isn't Arvida is it?!

Not sure. He does not mention his name in the story. I would imagine it very well could be, but I have not read Scars yet, and I understand that he plays some role in that book.

It has been very hard to stay away from the Scars spoiler thread though, but I am determined to stay strong until I get the hardback haha teehee.gif

The Devine Adoratrice is excellent. An excellent look into the houses of Knight Titans, and how corruption can spread so easily. I really hope that McNeill has more planned with this arc.

The Devine Adoratrice is a prequel to events that happen in Vengeful Spirit, a taster of the world and setting in which the Warmaster tramples across.

Not sure. He does not mention his name in the story. I would imagine it very well could be, but I have not read Scars yet, and I understand that he plays some role in that book.

It has been very hard to stay away from the Scars spoiler thread though, but I am determined to stay strong until I get the hardback haha teehee.gif

You'll love it - the DL's were a good idea but when I got to the point of reading both Scars and the Unremembered Empire eBook at once I nearly had Heresygasm!

I always get the eBook or listen to the mp3 and then buy the paperbacks retrospectively - I'm determined to have the whole collection on one mother shelf with Aquila bookends, I don't care what the Mrs says!

I have Imperial Truth and I thought Hands of the Emperor stood out the most. Maybe it's just Rob Sanders, but the story portrays the Custodes as quite... human. Even more so than Black Library's depiction of Space Marines. Custodes get bored, jubilant, annoyed, all in clearly recognizable ways. It makes you wonder if perhaps the Custodes retain more of their humanity in their creation process. The story works wonderfully and the tension throughout really drives home how seriously everyone on Terra takes the threat of invasion. If The Lightning Tower didn't convince you that the loyalists are doing everything to fortify Terra against Horus, this surely will. 

Archived