Escalation Campaign Starting at 1k

Emperor's Furor

So me and my friends are going to be doing a escalation campaign and we're starting off at 1k. I'm going with Salamanders since my first choice of White Scars won't be out for a while. Anything goes, the only limit is we're not using lord of wars till either 2k or 3k. I think the next level we're be jumping to is either 1250 or 1500. Here's the list I'm going with at the start.

Cassian Dracos - 275

Legion Tactical Squad - Master Crafted Power Sword, Artificer Armour - 175

Legion Tactical Squad - Master Crafted Power Sword, Artificer Armour - 175

Firedrakes - Storm shields, (4) thunder hammers, master crafted thunder hammer - 350

I'm thinking of adding a predator with a magna melta afterwards or perhaps something else to provide long range fire to cover my troops advance. The forces that I know I'll be facing atm are Iron Hands (x2) and Word Bearers, there maybe a Night Lords player as someone keeps mentioning them but it's not confirmed yet.

I'd say when you're going up to 1.25-1.5 then add in a Pred or two - what are the others like with flyers? If they're likely to take them then I'd go for an Eagle, plus it can transport your Fire Drakes - for the moment it looks like quite a scary 1k list to face with 3+ Invuls, 6+FNP AND a dreadnought presumably with IWND

I'd say when you're going up to 1.25-1.5 then add in a Pred or two - what are the others like with flyers? If they're likely to take them then I'd go for an Eagle, plus it can transport your Fire Drakes - for the moment it looks like quite a scary 1k list to face with 3+ Invuls, 6+FNP AND a dreadnought presumably with IWND

They won't have flyers, pretty sure on that front. It's 5+ FNP I think, only when you're within 3" of him though, the dread is armour 14 to the front, and you can't ever get 2D6 armour pen on him and he has a 5+ invulnerable against fancy weapons. I was thinking of taking him out and replacing him with a praetor and maybe a graviton cannon as I'm not sure about his model and whether I should simply convert Ashmantle, where as I already have the praetor and the graviton cannon is cheaper to buy.

Plus it was suggested elsewhere the graviton cannon would help to tie down units so I could advance on them quicker as well as handle tanks from range.

Archived