[HH1.0] Night Lords Tactics

Verity

Militia with Tainted Flesh and Cult destroyes every balance. These provenances are way op and should be banned. A couple of douches shouldn't be able to kill the Master of the Red Sands.

So nothing to learn from your game, brother, except that IM has a huge balancing problem. ;)

The 50 man units can be annihilated in one turn of shooting. Mortars, special weapon squads, heavy weapons etc

I used them against Salamanders last week , a mortar unit caused 92 wounds from one round of shooting!

Plus there is the issue of the size of the unit on the table and speed. They walk and get slowed by terrain.

They are not a i win unit

And with Volkite, Baby. Nothing chews so fast through a unit of men like that.

CHOOOM CHOOOM POWER for the win.

That's why I gonna build a unit of TSS with Chargers and CCW for MY World Eaters.

20 shots S5 followed by fourty Attacks S5 will crush fleshy stuff like my fat ass crushes every plastic chair, brother.

So terror squads?? Infiltrate or drop pod? What's the best ?

Entirely dependant on your personal style of play and your local opponents.

If you play vs troop heavy armies you'll want to take advantage of infiltrate to get that sweet choom up in their faces.

A lot of people will advocate pods mind

Just went into Battlescribe, and noticed the following:

Legion veteran tactical squad of 10, with bolters and 2 heavy bolters, vexila, nuncio vox, AA, chainglaive(optional) rhino, outflank and sniper, cost 245 pts.

A Terror Squad fo 10, with volkite chargers (10), chainglaive, melta bombs and AA cost a whole 275 pts.

That is quite a significant change. I have 25 bodies laying about to build either a Terror Assault list from, i'm after the new red book slightly in doubt, on wether that is a good idea. The veteran tactical squad looks very tempting. What are opinions on the difference between these untis/RoW?? (Terror Assault vs Pride of the Legion vs Primarch's Chosen)

Just went into Battlescribe, and noticed the following:

Legion veteran tactical squad of 10, with bolters and 2 heavy bolters, vexila, nuncio vox, AA, chainglaive(optional) rhino, outflank and sniper, cost 245 pts.

A Terror Squad fo 10, with volkite chargers (10), chainglaive, melta bombs and AA cost a whole 275 pts.

That is quite a significant change. I have 25 bodies laying about to build either a Terror Assault list from, i'm after the new red book slightly in doubt, on wether that is a good idea. The veteran tactical squad looks very tempting. What are opinions on the difference between these untis/RoW?? (Terror Assault vs Pride of the Legion vs Primarch's Chosen)

You are paying for special rules, in this case fear,Preferred enemy, precision strike and infiltrate or native drop pod. If you take just bolters they cost the same though. 

Quick question. If Curze joins a unit of jet bikes, do they get a 2+ jink due to shrouded? Same with regular bikes?

He's my overdue Tactica Primarch article for FLG...

Quick question. If Curze joins a unit of jet bikes, do they get a 2+ jink due to shrouded? Same with regular bikes?

He's my overdue Tactica Primarch article for FLG...

Yeah, same for both if they jink. 

Edited by Aeternas

Sooooo, why isn't everyone doing this? :-D

Squad of those bikes with the plasmas, apothecary and Curze would be survivable and damaging in both shooting and assault :-)

And now the new Jetbikes with special weapons on each one... :-D

Edited by Ishagu

Veterans with ws 5 seem so tasty, I can't wait to try them out in the next day or two

Squad of those bikes with the plasmas, apothecary and Curze would be survivable and damaging in both shooting and assault :-)

Cost probably, outriders and richard-bikes are super pricey, also jinking on the outriders and heavy support jet bikes ruins their shooting so its a bit of a win/lose.

A jetbike command squad on the other hand, would be vicious
Edited by SkimaskMohawk

Probably 'cause jetbikes don't make exceptional use of NL's legion rules. Plus neither of their RoW's really support using them as anything other than a cursory inclusion.

Because Raptors have Onslaught and many power weapons of all flavours, and there's more of them in between papa midnight and death

I posted this in the LACAL changes thread, but Nightfighting plus dreadnought pods plus night lord rules plus cheap assault marines = assault marines with 2+ cover first turn and bulky for guaranteed outnumbering bonus. Seems sexy.

Cheap assault marines a happy night lord make. Add apothecary = survivable viable murder unit.

NL did good out of the new book, so so well.

FW is pretty smart, start out forcing us to shell out for terror squads/tacticals, then switch up and now reap the benefits of increased Jump infantry sales. Not that I'm sad AM's and breachers got a boost.

Breachers got nerfed.

Well that was informative.

Not if you ran them in squads of ten in a Proteus!

That's what I've done all this time, it's either a proteus or dreadclaw if I'm running OA. So things have only gotten better for me :biggrin.:

I'm seriously considering a unit of seekers, ap 2 with shred bolt rounds with the new book price discount make these a good unit

I would, a unit of 9 in a rhino with a vigilator scouting up the battefield gets you in prime position for shenanigans

I reckon combi-plasmas are still the best option for Seekers. get them into position, unload PE plasma into your Marked For Death target, and then pepper TEQs with the sexy new Scorpius bolts.

As for the delivery method, I'm liking the look of a Land Raider Proteus with extra TL lascannon, multi-melta and Explorator Augury Array. It improves Reserves rolls & adds a lot of anti-tank firepower (which are both great for Terror Assault) and it's a Dedicated Transport.