[HH1.0] Night Lords Tactics

Verity

Unless you're playing against my Coils list and I get first turn (like 75%+ of the time), in which case it's getting smoked by grav first turn! :biggrin.:

Something tells me that isn't a Night Lord Tactic.

Anyway my opinion is a dreadclaw is probably the best method of getting your seekers right on (their preferred) target.

Does grav ignore cover? I can't remember off the top of me head.

If it doesn't terror assault has that covered :tongue.:

I love puns :laugh.:

I'm loving all these changes. My biggest grievance with the night lords before was how mono build the army felt due to how good terror assualt was. Terror assualt is still good but thinking outside of the box for a moment veterans seem like a really fun unit.

So what would the best way to make use of veterans for us? I was thinking about grabbing some WS 5 vets and then throwing them in a dreadclaw with some sniper vets in rhinos maybe? What special weapons work best with us?

Otherwise assualt marines are fun. A shame about breachers costing about the same for us when maxed out but an armored land raider company is still fun.

Edited by ThatOneMarshal

I think for me the real appeal of having some cheap assault marines bouncing around would be to guarantee Tallent for Murder outnumber rule

Far too often I've lost that rule due to attrition before/ during combat, but having a unit of Assault guys able to join would really tip the odds in my favour

I'm loving all these changes. My biggest grievance with the night lords before was how mono build the army felt due to how good terror assualt was. Terror assualt is still good but thinking outside of the box for a moment veterans seem like a really fun unit.

So what would the best way to make use of veterans for us? I was thinking about grabbing some WS 5 vets and then throwing them in a dreadclaw with some sniper vets in rhinos maybe? What special weapons work best with us?

Otherwise assualt marines are fun. A shame about breachers costing about the same for us when maxed out but an armored land raider company is still fun.

Ws5 vet's work great with tfm thanks to that beautiful +1, so as long as they outnumber whoever they charge hitting and wounding on 2's with glaive and axes is a delight. Take a plasma something somewhere to kill the one guy you need to die to outnumber most things.

Missile launchers with suspensor Web benefit from the tank killer rule, +1 to penetrate rolls means that str 8 goes that bit extra so hp stripping is easier in an army that suffers under our main rite, as well as being able to pad the rest of the squad with combi melta, 10 pseudo str 9 hits vs any vehicle especially Spartans is gonna hurt (you'll want to consider a 1-2 punch if spartan hunting with vets, maybe raptors right behind to onslaught the gooey centre)

Assault marines are an awesome option now, and can bulk out horror cult nicely, gives the opponent the worry of dealing with the assault blob or the raptor onslaught instead of just gunning for the raptors

I think for me the real appeal of having some cheap assault marines bouncing around would be to guarantee Tallent for Murder outnumber rule

Far too often I've lost that rule due to attrition before/ during combat, but having a unit of Assault guys able to join would really tip the odds in my favour

They are 25 more when maxed out. They should have just given them the same cost as assault marines. It's not like buying 20 dudes melta-bombs for 25 points will be worth anything after FAQ goes official (although I increasingly suspect they will just roll the clarifications into 8th edition).

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen you say the jump packs are cheap before Flint, but I'm always on eBay for them and they cost a fair whack each or are just the only component of the SG not available! :sad.:

Though USA eBay may have more than the UK one if you are based there....

Edited by Charlo

I've seen you say the jump packs are cheap before Flint, but I'm always on eBay for them and they cost a fair whack each or are just the only component of the SG not available! :sad.:

Though USA eBay may have more than the UK one if you are based there....

Oh damn, really?

I seriously got a batch of 20 for like $30

Looks like a breacher unit that put all the extra armor on their backpacks.  The Calth legs are a bit static and uniform even for tactical marines (I just placed an order for like 50 pteruges to spice them up a bit), but if you're working with a budget, that can certainly work.  I would bide my time for a bit, the next boxed set isn't far off, and is rumored to have all the assault marines.