question on obliterators

kursen

Afternoon all!

Apologies if this has been covered/asked before but I see a lot of people running obliterator squads of 2 usually and not 3 I'm just curious as to why this is.

To save points for other things or is 3 just overkill for them?

its target saturation, and fire diversification, 6 oblits in two units of three can only shoot two units, the same firepower, but only at two targets, whereas three units of two can fire at three separate targets, so is more versatile, also, losing one oblit from either two or three oblits will force a morale check, if you fail on a unit of two its less points running than a unit of three. Also in big guns they are scoring (skyfire oblits FTW!) so three units of two can score more objectives than two of three! Hope that helps!

I don't know about the others, but I always run out of points to take more than four Nurgle Obliterators.

This is my issue as well, and not just when it comes to nurgle oblits.  I always run out of points before I run out of any slots at all.  Fast, heavy, HQ, allies, doesn't matter.  The points always run out before the slots do, and if I'm playing enough points to field full slots of anything, I hit 2k points and have even more slots.  At least for me, the force org chart is obsolete.  Too many slots, not enough points to fill them with.

Archived