Betrayal vs. Massacre: Books interactions

jifel

According to rumors, a new Legion list will begin with every trilogy. According to firsthand reports of Massacre, if the trend is followed, Book 1 of each trilogy will have the main Legion list as well as any rules that are introduced. Books 2 and 3 will only have the units and USRs introduced in each specific book and will reference the BRB and Book 1 Rules and Units and from the pictures I've seen, will even give page numbers to help with ease of finding.

So depending on what you want, you could only need Books 1 and 3, or end up needing all three if you're collecting units from all of them.

According to rumors, a new Legion list will begin with every trilogy. According to firsthand reports of Massacre, if the trend is followed, Book 1 of each trilogy will have the main Legion list as well as any rules that are introduced. Books 2 and 3 will only have the units and USRs introduced in each specific book and will reference the BRB and Book 1 Rules and Units and from the pictures I've seen, will even give page numbers to help with ease of finding.

So depending on what you want, you could only need Books 1 and 3, or end up needing all three if you're collecting units from all of them.

Thanks! But holy expletive that's pricey... So Iron Warriors with a Sicaran tank will cost me over $300... one for list, one for some units, one for IW rules. Ouch. 

You need book 1, rules for a lot of equipment mentioned in book 2 can only be found in book 1.  

For example the Medusan Immortals have boarding shields, I couldn't find any reference to those in Massacre.  Further illustrating the point is the immortals have the special rule Hardened Armour, with a note next to it saying refer to page 204 of book 1.

That being said, damn they are nice books and well worth getting!

Archived