Alternatives for the PE

Hyuzanriu

What do you guys use as possible alternatives for the Penitent Engine?  I hate the model, its large, clunky, heavy, and a right pain to put (and keep put) together.  I was thinking about using a GK nemesis with the PE pilot modded in, but then I saw the difference in base size so thats a no-no.  

Then I had the idea to use an Ironclad Dread body, putting the gunner platform from the Immolator inside it.  I wouldn't place the top or front plates from the ironclad, and would get trim everything so that it looked like it belonged there.  

Has anyone else come up with other (easier) ways to properly represent a PE on the tabletop?

I've been kicking this idea around for a bit. If I had a cheap way of getting just the Immolator turret parts I would probably do a conversion of a Dreadnought with a Sister piloting it. OR I've seen a conversion I've been wanting to try for my CSM that might work, that is kitbashing a Sentinel and a SM bike (I'd add Killa Kan combat arms to it) with a pilot.

Or maybe a more straightforward conversion using a Dreadnought and a penitent converted from another model, like a Flagellant/daemonhost mashup.

If I were to do a conversion, I'd probably start with Karamazov. Then it'd mostly be a matter of finding a suitable female model to chain to the throne or something, and add DCCW arms.

Archived