Hope for new plastics now dead?

DanPesci

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Happy happy; joy joy.

Now where's my fethin' jump canoness?  Oh right; sitting on the shelf collecting dust just like with the last codex.

This codex sucks. You should all play "Counts as deamons" with the models.

(just joking in case you were wondering.  I mean, tone is everything and you can't get that on a forum.  My wife will say "what did I do to deserve you" to me but depending on her tone it's meaning varies greatly.)

My 'fethin'' Jump canoness was cleverly modeled to weild visually the same gear as Celestine and may impersonate her in the future.

I deliberately sought out a scabarded sword so I could use the 'holstered pistol' clause to claim it was whatever I wanted. Used to usually be an evicerator, but will likely transmute into the Ardent Blade.

Hah, no I mean "nice people" though I have been known to give Commissar Power Hugs too laugh.png

What jump canoness? They were judged as heretical by the Inquisitor Geeb Dubicus. I'm looking for like minded people to proclaim him a rogue and his declarations null and void if you're interested tongue.png

Lets face it, we need to come up with some kind of Blowfeld-esque invasion plan and hold the company to ransome.

By our fury they shall know the Emperor's name.

In my opinion we don't need plastics. I love the current range, best models GW makes. Everyone who sees my Sisters always talks about how nice the minis are. Also, it's a fallacy to think that they will be cheaper in plastic. For example 5 Grey Knights come in at £4 a model for plastic. In that context £3.50 for a lovely metal model isn't too bad [not justifying GW prices, just looking at it relatively]. And that's if you buy direct from GW. I got my standard Sisters for under £2 each on Ebay. Heavy bolters and meltas were painful as I had to buy them direct but if you're patient enough there's bargains to be had.

I would like to see the range expanded to include things like Arbites, but the new Inquisition codex could give a lot of exciting options. 

I'm secretly happy we didn't get a "proper" codex and plastic models to go with it. That would mean we would be the new FotM with all the crap that goes with it.

I have all the metal I need and enjoy my alltime favourite army being so unknow/unplayed.

Now I'll go to flail myself for being such a selfish hipster...

Battle reports with sisters have been cropping up.  They aren't doing too shabby, mainly due to the massive # of troops they bring.  Most people are cutting troop choices to field fun stuff, while sisters...we have troops up the wazzoo on the board. 

Also, please hide your exorcists out of LOS turn 1!  I want to tear my hair out at them sitting in plain LOS...

Eldar

DE

While a skyshield may not be "out in the open", not having to even make a roll to see if you save a pen (by putting them out of LoS entirely) is whole heck of a lot better than having to make a 4++ because you left them on an elevated platform in plain sight and range of every AT weapon your opponent brings that isn't melta.

He could have basically put the exorcists behind the skyshield hiding them out of LOS, then moved them onto the skyshield (difficult terrain test) on turn 1, and fired away.  I think I'd rather just have the extra 75 points.  With some point adjustments, he could have gotten a 3rd exorcist almost lol.

What I didn't like in the first video was his list.  Spammy spam spam it's everything I dislike about 40k.  Makes me feel sad about the new codex that this is encouraged so much.

In my opinion we don't need plastics. I love the current range, best models GW makes. Everyone who sees my Sisters always talks about how nice the minis are. Also, it's a fallacy to think that they will be cheaper in plastic. For example 5 Grey Knights come in at £4 a model for plastic. In that context £3.50 for a lovely metal model isn't too bad [not justifying GW prices, just looking at it relatively]. And that's if you buy direct from GW. I got my standard Sisters for under £2 each on Ebay. Heavy bolters and meltas were painful as I had to buy them direct but if you're patient enough there's bargains to be had.

The current models are great for the most part - except that I HATE painting metal. It's a nightmare just trying to get 'em basecoated. Always a million nooks and crannies that just rejects any and all attempts to spray it! And of course for a HQ model such as the canoness it's pain to make the arm options modular.

As for the potential plastics and their price... keep in mind those 5 Grey Knights are posable AND can make special weapon models. For Sisters it's especially the special weapon models that make them so expensive now with 2 specials per 5, and 4 per 5 for dominions, and 5 per 5 for command squads.

Also, you may have found Sisters on eBay for £2 each, but whenever I take a look I'd end up paying as much for used model as what I can get new ones from GW for. But as it is I wouldn't necessarily need many more bolters (seeing as I'll run SoB as allies mostly)... I ought to get some more upgraded weapons though to be able to field a dominion squad. Then I'd have command squad (or retributor squad - 4x HB in any case), celestian squad, battle sister squad and a dominion squad. Could of course get 3 more bolters and 2 more specials for a second BS squad, but that's again adding mooooooooooore to the price.

Anyone who doesn't want plastic models for SoB clearly hasn't attempted to build a Penitent engine tongue.png

Heh, yeah, there's that from what I've heard... and the Exorcist, to a lesser extent. I don't like the Penitent engine model that much so it's not a biggie for me if I don't get it, but the Exorcist would be kinda nice. Just not sure if I want to put up with the aggravation :P

Archived