The blade is drawn, the wolfs hour is here

magnefjord

This will be the first ever SW I've ever painted, I just got the idea of making it yesterday, so this will be interesting smile.png Some of you might already be familiar with my past works so I hope this will live up to your expectations. Here's your first picture:

gallery_40324_8949_126103.jpg

As always guys, Q&Q are most welcome smile.png

I haven't gotten further than basecoating him at the moment, I've had a few other things to do, but I thought I'd tell you guys of the colorscheme I'm planning to do, or attempt to do. First of all I dont really like the ordinary SW colors, they're way too bright for my taste, so I'm planning to make a darker grey for this one, or as I said, try to at least. And I made this one so that you at least can have an idea of what I will make, or close to it at least.

spacemarine.jpg

If you guys have ideas of your own or maybe some tips, feel free to tell me, I'm always happy with any and all feedback :)

Are you going for a blued up grey approach, a blue approach, or a grey approach ?

When I saw your first picture lacking wolf-type adornments, I did wonder if you meant "SM" and not "SW".  Are you planning a very subdued wolf theme, using their rules but not their wolf features?

Are you going for a blued up grey approach, a blue approach, or a grey approach ?

When I saw your first picture lacking wolf-type adornments, I did wonder if you meant "SM" and not "SW".  Are you planning a very subdued wolf theme, using their rules but not their wolf features?

I dont know anything about their rules, as I dont play, I only paint and build. But since I dont have any SW adornments or iconography what so ever, and no SW bits either for that matter, I just thought I'd try making it look as Space Wolfy as possible with a normal marine :) I hope it might work 

Ah ok :)

I am sure if you take a look at some Space Wolves from the Rogue Trader era (ie old school beakies), it might give you further ideas for SW colours.  I have seen a few recent posts with more pre-heresy era grays as opposed to the brighter SW grey, might help you along your path.

I will be looking out for your future updates!

Hey there, I haven't gotten very far on the SW so far, mostly just basecoat, grey armor and a wash. But I thought I'd ask you guys which base you think I should use, as I currently have 2 laying around gathering dust. So I want to hear from you which one you think I should use :)

This one....

gallery_40324_8949_929698.jpg

.... or shall I send him on a quest to kill the xenos and take his base instead?

1382280_642108845828690_378917971_n.jpg

What do you guys think? :)

The Lava base could definitely add some colour to your model, and of course, set you up for a nice daemon battling scene.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, and I'll see if I can make some progress tonight and give you a picture of it :) Maybe even on the base

Archived