Where are all the Long Fangs?

Quillen

I must confess that I have not played 40k in 3 years. I still put the models together I had in storage. Since 2010 I have only bought a thunder wolf pack and 3 stormravens and 30 blood angel models. So I have been looking here again and it seems this board is well dead compared to what it use to be.

Where is the wild posts and the silly posts and all those good hearted wolves of old?

Has GW killed the wolves with no ability to deal with flyers? Or did the ruining of independent dealers whom were more about making deals and selling parts so we could pose and purchase things our budgets would not allow hard working people to buy at over inflated prices?  Or has the majority of those names and posters I use to see just up and moved on?

This is not the Space Wolves forum I remember. Is this a sign of things to come. Even with a 3rd edition codex in 5th edition this forum rocked. A ton of people from all over posted here and shared ideas. And no it's really dead.

23 Years I have gamed (started 40k at 20) and this is killing me. To all the old Long Fangs who have come and gone I salute you. I raise a flask to your memories and wish you exciting journeys on your paths. For Russ! For the Wolf Time!!! Hopefully I will stand with you guys again.

True Wolves still keep fighting even with worn and wasted tools.

Long Fangs always are needed. You could consider even 5 Lascannon with a Divination Rune Priest to shoot down those dammed helldrakes (i don't care too much about others flyers).

Gone are the days when Grey Hunters were supposed to be the best troops in the game, but they still beat some asses when is needed.

I think the problem with our codex lies in the overcosted characters and some outdated units as all blood claws variants and WolfGuard. The rest is nearly perfect!

I haven't played much recently, when I do I've been playing eldar because I fancied a change. Did the same thing years ago with fantasy, played dwarves because I loved then and then got tired so changed to wood elves.

I haven't painted much lately but that's more real life getting in the way and the fact I haven't felt the urge to do it. Don't want to force myself to paint the wolves because they are my babies, I'd rather take it at my own lace and not get bored of them or rush them.

But yeah, the whole forum seems to have slowed down a bit. Maybe the crash a while didn't help but to me it seems like the 'atmosphere' has changed a bit. Some of the older heads are a lot less tolerant than they used to be. Think we just need more ale inside us!

I must confess that I have not played 40k in 3 years. I still put the models together I had in storage. Since 2010 I have only bought a thunder wolf pack and 3 stormravens and 30 blood angel models. So I have been looking here again and it seems this board is well dead compared to what it use to be.

Where is the wild posts and the silly posts and all those good hearted wolves of old?

Has GW killed the wolves with no ability to deal with flyers? Or did the ruining of independent dealers whom were more about making deals and selling parts so we could pose and purchase things our budgets would not allow hard working people to buy at over inflated prices? Or has the majority of those names and posters I use to see just up and moved on?

This is not the Space Wolves forum I remember. Is this a sign of things to come. Even with a 3rd edition codex in 5th edition this forum rocked. A ton of people from all over posted here and shared ideas. And no it's really dead.

23 Years I have gamed (started 40k at 20) and this is killing me. To all the old Long Fangs who have come and gone I salute you. I raise a flask to your memories and wish you exciting journeys on your paths. For Russ! For the Wolf Time!!! Hopefully I will stand with you guys again.

Good to once again see a familiar name/face grace the halls of the fang!

I remember you old wolf. We greybeards never forget one another! Yes the forum has changed. I see it. The wolves of old lurk more now than anything. But I have a feeling once the new year comes the halls of the fang will be as loud and lively as it once was with all the silly threads along with the fun and camaraderie.....

Some yet remain.

Flyers are to me the oddest sort of thing: GW: "Hey, let's introduce flyers, and to make it more interesting, everyone forgot how to counter them even though they've all had flyers for over 10,000 years!"

Yea, about that...  Storm Eagle is not a cheap flyer, although ML LF's with 10 pt Flakk missiles would sure be fun.  They really messed up a great many codex books with the above stunt to me, at least.  PDF the Flakk in, once the first Core book FAQ came out, would have been my call.  Ah well, the above prediction of the Fang coming back to life after the 6th Ed. SW Codex is I figure spot on.  With 30K and 40K out at about the same time, we'll be seeing new whelps to the point we may be seeing jokes about Blood Claws versus Aspirants at some point.

As it is, hail and welcome back.  Ale's over there, Aurrok meat and the mead are that way, and the sparring cages are down that hall.  Likely all same as you recall.

We're still here... mostly... somewhere, the Fang's a big place after all.

Personally I haven't played my wolves very much since the new codex or 6th edition, just haven't had the time for it. When I have played them I bring some Blood Angels allies as Wulfen and a Wolf Priest packed into a Stormraven Gunship to deal with flyers and the like.

Like on Fenris, the Wolf's Eye is but a distant speck, and the Great Winter drags on.  The packs are fragmented, and lone wolves are common.  However, the seasons are turning faster of late, and soon the spring will come and we will hear the howls of our kin.  The packs will swell and the ice will break and run, bringing a season of blood and fire.

Having given my powder blue 40k GC to numberoneson, I'm concentrating solely on the HH these days.

My HH-era VI legion force also works in the 40k codex, but I get to field lots of interesting new 'old' toys ;)

Come the release of Inferno late next year, there will be lots of VI legion loveliness - all under the command of the Wolf King.

So I expect to see a lot more people turning dark grey in the coming months ;)

Archived