New in version 0.2.0.121

Space Marine - Space Marine: 

• added bread
  • added new icons on backpack
  • added default paint-schemes for sets
  • added "open head" setting
  • added glow for plasma
  • added Inferno pistol and hand flamer
Space Marine - Space Marine (Black Templars Set)

• added Set Black Templars

Space Marine - Assault Bike

• added Module Assault Bike
  • added Assault Bike
  • added Attack Bike
  • added Scout Bike

Space Marine - Terminator:

• added glow for plasma
Space Marine - Chaos Space Marine: 

• added glow for plasma
  • added bolter Tigrus
  • added bolt-pistl Tigrus
  • added new Weapon control

Engine:

• fixed bugs
Edited by Night Rider

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The program looks great so far, but can you manually select the various styles of components of the model? That would really help, if you want to create a specific look. getting the right combination of for example power sword chest plate and helmet is really difficult.

If it is not possible yet, that would be a great addition.

• 2 weeks later...
New release: v.0.2.0.125 (RUS/ENG)

New in version 0.2.0.125

Space Marine - Space Marine: 

• added hair
  • added "My Chapter sign" (for your custom chapter sign you can use file ~\MyPictures\ChapterGenerator.SM.Pack.SpaceMarine.ShoulderChapterSignMy_0.png)
Space Marine - Space Marine (Space Wolves Set)

• added Set Space Wolves
  • added Frost Blade
  • added Frost Axe
  • added Chainaxe
  • added Storm Shields Dragon and Sigilite
Engine:

• fixed bugs

I've been using (and liking) this program quite a bit, and I figured it's about time I give some feedback.

First, it's a little difficult sometimes trying to change the color of particular pieces of wargear, because it doesn't show on the test image that shows your color scheme. There are a few pieces, like headgear & shields especially, where I have to change one cell at a time to something stark and contrasting before I can find the one that colors it in some way. I like the test image being just a plain marine as is, it makes sense, but it'd be nice if singling out particular pieces was a bit easier, more intuitive.

Second, there's an option to toggle helmets on or off. If it's off, every generated image is bareheaded, no helmet. But when you toggle it on, you can still generate bareheaded images. I'd like it if it was consistent. If you toggle helmets on, every generated image should have a helmet.

Third, kind of an ongoing 'bug' of some sort is that, and lately this has becoming more often than not, when you generate an image it only shows the middle, like the torso, and the rest doesn't show. If I minimize and bring the program back up, the image will show in full. But when I generate another image, it'll again only show a middle bar.

And lastly, this being a new error cropping up with the latest update, but after generating a couple dozen images it popped up with an error code and replaced the generated images with a big red X. Had to restart the program to get it to clear.

Finally, some things I'd like to see are some updates to the 'signs' aspect. If you could add one of the knees as an extra place to put an icon, like the two shoulders, that'd be awesome. Also, if you could add numbers and numerals. Like Company numbers, 1 - 10, and Legion numerals, I - XX, would be just awesome.

Otherwise, just keep up the good work. The program is a lot of fun to just mess around with, and it's my go-to program for my Legiones Astartes, since it has older marks of armor and I don't collect or paint models.

While I haven't experienced all of the issues Conn has, I definitely second the request to have the program display a helmet if that option is checked. I actually prefer using this over the B&C painter because of the wealth of options built into it. I'd absolutely love it if there was an option to pick a specific weapon rather than a random selection but I don't mind randomizing 50 times to get the loadout I prefer.

Comment with feedback is best comment :)

Unfortunately the image preview is not enough space to accommodate all options. Therefore, some elements are painted in implicit form. As for ease of coloring, I've added a few tools to simplify the process (drag&drop, patterns, My pallete etc). And soon I'll post a video tutorial.

About helmets. Setting "Helmet" now running in test mode. When it is off the image is always generated without a helmet. When it is on, the generation is performed in regular mode. The image can be generated with the helmet/mask/bareheaded. I don't plan to change it soon, since now develop a new program ChapterConstructor. In this program you can choose any combination of weapons and armor.

Bug "it only shows the middle". Please save this image to a file and send me by email (chaptergenerator@gmail.com). Also send me the error logs (you can find logs in folder ~\Logs\Error).

Bug "big red X".  Send me the error logs.

I do not plan to add icons to their knees for ChapterGenerator. But it will be in new ChapterConstructor.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Two new releases: v.0.2.0.131 (RUS) and v.0.2.0.131 (RUS/ENG)

New in version 0.2.0.132

CG - Space Marine - Space Marine: 
  • added jump pack Serpha-V
  • added puriry seal
  • added sword in the scabbard
  • added servo-arm
  • added/updated sprites for jump pack, chainsword

CG - Space Marine - Space Marine (Space Wolves Set):
  • added signs for pack

CG - Chaos Space Marine - Space Marine:
  • added mark of Khorne
  • added mark of Slaanesh
  • added model Berzerker
  • added model Noise Marine
  • added Blastmaster and Sonic Blaster
  • added belt Crusader
  • added back pack Crusader
  • added/updated sprites for hand, helmet, leg, cuirass, weapon, icon and face

CC - Space Marine - Space Marine: 
  • added jump pack Serpha-V
  • added puriry seal
  • added sword in the scabbard
  • added roman numerals
  • Eng localization
Engine:
  • fixed bugs

New in version 0.2.0.131

CG - Space Marine - Space Marine
  • added bolter Stalker

CC - Chapter Constructor: 
  • added Chapter Constructor

Engine:

• fixed bugs
Edited by Night Rider

Chapter Constructor looks amazing. Basically allows you to specify every single piece of the generated image.

Just to let everyone else know though, the RUS/ENG version is the v.0.2.0.132 one. However, there actually is no full English Constructor yet. The parts still in Russian are what differentiate it from the Generator.

It's still quite fun to mess around with, and not too difficult to figure out, thanks to most things being labeled by the armor mark.

Night Rider, I never got back to you on those errors I had been getting. Since then, I've upgraded from a laptop to a true PC, and they have not appeared since then.