Sons of Horus tactics

Pavel Araghast

You misunderstand me sy for being not precise enough.

For a SoH-Reaver Attack List we will use the Rite of War: Black Reaving.

The limitations are one more Troop choice and MORE Fast Attack than Heavy Support.

In this Scenario, how we deal with threads like the Contemptor double Kheres or mass Tanks/Artillery.

And how we use our Reavers and what is our Gear for them. 

Make it sense to use there outflank rule or not.

Im a very new to this Game, and hoped someone with more Understanding of SoH and the Reavers could help me.

To this Point Reavers feel to me like Khorne Berserkers/Blood Angels (when u Play with Jump Pack) or Khorne/Black Templar (without Jump Pack).

Reavers are more like Chaos Chosen Marines since they have access to both bolters and power weapons. I think they are very well rounded. Berserkers on the other hand are only good for melee since they have no ranged weapons. The same applies to Blood Angels assault squads.

You misunderstand me sy for being not precise enough.

For a SoH-Reaver Attack List we will use the Rite of War: Black Reaving.

The limitations are one more Troop choice and MORE Fast Attack than Heavy Support.

In this Scenario, how we deal with threads like the Contemptor double Kheres or mass Tanks/Artillery.

And how we use our Reavers and what is our Gear for them. 

Make it sense to use there outflank rule or not.

Im a very new to this Game, and hoped someone with more Understanding of SoH and the Reavers could help me.

To this Point Reavers feel to me like Khorne Berserkers/Blood Angels (when u Play with Jump Pack) or Khorne/Black Templar (without Jump Pack).

My answer to such problems? Justaerian and Contemptors.

With the Black Reaving Rite of War Justaerians have the ability to Deep strike and these bad boys have not only access to all combi-meltas but they can take a multi-melta in their unit. drop a mult-melta 12 inches away and even a Spartan tank will go down like a fly. The same can be said for Contemptor Dreadnought Talons. Sons of Horus have access to Dread Claws or Drop Pods and you can just as easily hook them up with a Multi-Melta aswell. Unless you're playing a large point game, you really don't need a vast amount of anti-tank and these guys can fit the bill no problem.

Archived