Castellax upgrade options viability

Haranin

Reading through HH 2; and I am wondering at some of the rules.

A Castellax is a MC... which has smash, base attacks are AP2. Why would you "upgrade" and lose concussive for AP3 power weapons...?

Need some more time to review the book...

Ive been reading the Castellax entry and it gets 3 weapons, the mauler bolt cannon and two bolters, as far as I know you can only fire 2 weapons as a MC so its a bit useless I think, although upgrading the bolters to flamers will make them brutal in overwatch with D6 hits per Castellax..I just think its weird (unless Im mistaken or missed something) that a model has more weapons than it can fire...

Yeah that does make more sense, I think flamers are the better option, makes them scary in overwatch and if you can get close enough to the enemy you can cast Rite of Destruction and shoot twice, 4 flame templates per Castellax is just too awesome to pass up..

Ive been reading the Castellax entry and it gets 3 weapons, the mauler bolt cannon and two bolters, as far as I know you can only fire 2 weapons as a MC so its a bit useless I think, although upgrading the bolters to flamers will make them brutal in overwatch with D6 hits per Castellax..I just think its weird (unless Im mistaken or missed something) that a model has more weapons than it can fire...

Wraithlords and wraithknights can have four weapons, and only fire two.

The bolters are only more useful if you have a MM and wish to fire at guardsmen within 12", but the flamers, as noted, are a very good option.

Archived