Emperors Children 3000pts

ImpiousSmart

This is the list I've thrown together to work towards.  I want to include a lot of the specific Legion toys (Kakophoni etc), and the chances are I won't play this too much so competitiveness isn't so vital.  

From the EC tactics thread, I'm looking for opinions on whether the list synergises reasonably well.  My main guess is that I'd be struggling to shift a 20 man marine block?

HQ

Eidolon 

Centurion (Emperors Champion) - Lucius - Sonic shrieker, Jump pack, Power sword, Combat shield, Artificer armour (135)

TROOPS

Tactical Squad - Power sword, Vexilla (175)

Tactical Squad - Power sword, Vexilla (175)

Assault Squad - Plasma pistol, flamer, Sargeant with Power sword, flamer, artificer armour (305)

ELITES

Palatine Blade Squad - Sonic shriekers, Power swords, Jump packs (22)

Contemptor Dreadnought - Kheres assault cannon, heavy flamer (200)

Pheonix Terminators - Grenade Harness, Sonic shriekers (290)

FAST
Legion Outriders - Twin linked melta guns, melta bombs (180)

Javelin Attack Speeder - Lascannon, multi melta (95)

HEAVY

Spartan Assault tank - Armoured ceramite, Flare shield, Frag Assault launchers, Multi melta (370)

Heavy Support Squad - Sunkillers - 4 x Lascannons (215)

Kakaphoni - +5 Chora (245)

LORD OF WAR

Fulgrim

Got about 15 points spare I think, so could give the sargeant in the support squad a lascannon and drop something from elsewhere.

Aim would be the assault squad and palatine blades moving up together.  The outriders, the heavy support squad and Javelin try to disable vehicles / big gun threats, and the spartan, troops, contemptor move up into the midfield.  

I haven't played much 40k for a good while - can both Fulgrim and Eidolon be attached to the Phoenix Guard in the Spartan?

You can drop Frag Assault Launchers from Spartan as your terminators already have Grenade Harness.

Yeap, you may attach Eidolon and Fulgrim to termies, but hey, you can give JP to Eidolon so he can join assault squad or palantine blades.

I would consider giving Eidolon a jump pack and joining him to the Palatine Blades. Since EC rely on striking first in combat, you want to maximize the damage you do in the first round, minimizing the number of return blows. Eidolon's special rules make his Thunder Hammer very scary on the turn he charges (striking at initiative) and since every Palatine Blade counts as a character, you can use one of them to lock an enemy unit's sergeant in a challenge, leaving Eidolon to wreak havoc on the rest of his squad.

I'm also loathe to put too many eggs in one basket, so to speak, so I would avoid attaching Fulgrim and Eidolon to the same unit. Fulgrim will likely be a fire magnet in any event, so it may work to your advantage having your opponent focus on him, leaving Eidolon to run amok with the mobility granted him by his jump pack.

Thanks guys.

Just realised to my horror that my spreadsheet was adding up from the wrong row... so actually Eidolon's cost wasn't included!  Something needs to give... possibly the outriders, but since they number the models I've actually bought that would be a shame.

I agree with putting eidolon with either the blades or the assault squad. Meh needs to get in close and quickly.

As for Fulgrim, I'm thinking about using a veteran tactical squad as a body guard for him might be a good idea.

They have a nice number of attacks and range of abilities and weapons, they are also not scoring, so yu won't miss the. As they valiantly charcoal plasma bolts for their primarch.

• 3 weeks later...

Checking your centurion's points shows him to be off by 30.

You could drop the vexilla on the tactical squads and use the spare 30 from the cent lucius to swap the contemptor for rylanor. His mantle of glory performs the same as the vexilla and he's a shade tougher. With fugrim the +3 combat res it's kinda funny to explain to an opponent how badly he loses when he turns up to any combat.

It's a fun looking list.  The odd bits to me are the kakphoni (who are uninspired in design considering their fluff potential) and the javelin (who is lonely)

Archived