[HH1.0] Iron Hands Tactics

Noctus Cornix

Just got the Betrayal at Calth set and I see some discussions on other threads on how other legions are incorporating the new mini's into their forces. I was just wondering how my Iron Hands brothers are kitting them out? Especially the termies and contemptor?

Just got the Betrayal at Calth set and I see some discussions on other threads on how other legions are incorporating the new mini's into their forces. I was just wondering how my Iron Hands brothers are kitting them out? Especially the termies and contemptor?

The answer for a sane player would be magnets for the contemptor. When I get my hands on the set, I will definitely make some Seekers, destroyers or recon marines with them, maybe sprinkle a couple into my existing squads.

That depends on your vision of your army. Min/Maxing is all fine and well if you are a gamer and not a hobbyist. If you want to run the head of the Gorgon rite of war, a spartan is a great staple and iconic tsnk in the heresy, especially for the iron hands as we enhance it's durability even further.

Contemptors go along the same lines. In general, the value of armour increases the more you have beyond a certain tipping point.

Predators are great for their squadron sizes. If you have the turrets, 3 dakka preds put quite a dent in anything not in terminator armour.

If you have tons of rhinos, making support squads is a good idea. You can also go pride of the legion and run your marines as vets.

Lastly, Castellax are amazing for Iron Hands. Doubly so with a Praevian, and darkfire lances are just great against all of the things.

That depends on your vision of your army. Min/Maxing is all fine and well if you are a gamer and not a hobbyist. If you want to run the head of the Gorgon rite of war, a spartan is a great staple and iconic tsnk in the heresy, especially for the iron hands as we enhance it's durability even further.

Contemptors go along the same lines. In general, the value of armour increases the more you have beyond a certain tipping point.

Predators are great for their squadron sizes. If you have the turrets, 3 dakka preds put quite a dent in anything not in terminator armour.

If you have tons of rhinos, making support squads is a good idea. You can also go pride of the legion and run your marines as vets.

Lastly, Castellax are amazing for Iron Hands. Doubly so with a Praevian, and darkfire lances are just great against all of the things.

Hmm. I would like a lot of tanks and heavy armor, maybe as a Head of the Gorgon thing... But I could also see myself do pride of the legion. And I would like a nice thematic force for my slowly growing Admech Army.

The answer for a sane player would be magnets for the contemptor. When I get my hands on the set, I will definitely make some Seekers, destroyers or recon marines with them, maybe sprinkle a couple into my existing squads.

Very true. :) I also am planning on using the troops to bulk out a few squads. What about the cataphractii? I have 10 man Gorgon beatstick in a Spartan (which is awsome!!) but I am not sure how to equip the cataphractii?

If you swag them up on bionics, the cataphractii could also be sprinkled into your existing Gorgon units. Since Gorgons > cataphractii in most situations, I don't see any real use to using standard termis in a Iron Hands force.

Plus it would represent the infinite customization embodiement of the Iron Tenth ;)

Yes but the spartan is so expensive money wise and point wise! Anyways, I think I understand now. I'm thinking of a pride list with a bunch of rhinos so I may do that soon. Otherwise, what other support would be good? The iron hands seems to be rather straight forward compared to the Raven Guard.

So would you say the Calth armor you get would be good for them? I was thinking of 4 powerfists and the thunder hammer. Also which Land Raider should I use for them when running with characters?

It all depends on how much you want to stick to cannon fluffyness VS liberal creative choice. I will have some MKIVs, but they will be resin. To get into the game though get 1 starter set is great.

Yes but the spartan is so expensive money wise and point wise! Anyways, I think I understand now. I'm thinking of a pride list with a bunch of rhinos so I may do that soon. Otherwise, what other support would be good? The iron hands seems to be rather straight forward compared to the Raven Guard.

If you run pride, dreadnoughts are great mobile shooting platforms. Sicarans are great as they can hunt just about anything from far away, and they will draw fire like nothing else. Leaving your rhinos to rush forward unmolested first turn.