[HH1.0] Iron Hands Tactics

Noctus Cornix

That's not to mention the potential repair you can also use one of your many battlesmiths to restore hull points / fix immobilized. I know when I get my leviathan dread it is staying real close to Ferrus and his forgelord buddy so I don't end up with a ~300 point wacky waving flailing robot man immobilized in the center of the board. I really wanna kit mine out for melee with the phosphex bombs and just keep it close to Ferrus.

I am thinking of using Dosadi's awesome chapter master as a template for my Mor.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/281427-iron-hands-chapter-master/page-2

While awesome, it looks like something the mechanicum would do. A space marine would not hinder his battle readiness with such an unweildy frame.

While I sort of agree with you Wolf_Pack, I also feel I should mention the very end of "Seventh Serpent". Needs must. :) If you haven't read it, I won't spoil it for anyone. But it is kinda badass!

Wow....I just read every page of this thread and couldn't be happier. Looks like I need to order more gorgons :) I didn't realise you can run all the battle automata with HotG, that is freaking awesome!! Any word on the weapon s combos for the leviathan dread? I saw a phospex missles launcher when it first got leaked but nothing else.

I think taking the siege drill is just assurance, the claw should be more than sufficient at dealing with armoured targets. One ranged weapon to supplement him and one ccw and Levi is gonna smash face in any IH list.

Yes I will be sacrificing my hand for bionics very soon

True story, every since I was a small child I've wanted mechanical augmentation to become a fashion. Kinda like Deus Ex.

Anyway...

I suppose the drill claw is good as an anti-knight thing? Sure you're probably not gonna slay it right off, but you should eat a few hull points off and get some chances to roll on the damage table.

Sooo... them Iron Hands tactics, eh? 

In all seriousness I could do with a hand. I lost hard to my mate's Necrons the other week and I'd like to prepare a surprise for him. I use a largely tank-based army and allowed him to get too close too quickly. Damn, those Gauss Flayers pack a punch. He took some unexpected units like their Tomb Blades and Triarch Praetorians as well, which turned out to be very effective. The new codex makes them so resistant to damage!

Long story short, I was tabled by turn 5 and barely dented his army in return - the exact opposite of the last couple games we played!

I'm thinking, for a future list, to field more or less all-infantry and negate his massive bonus against vehicles. This is were you come in! Can anyone make good suggestions for how to counter a Necron army using the Decurion detachment? (FYI - 1250-1500pts!)

Edited by Emperors Teeth