Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

Flint, you even after 19 pages (20 now), you still do not fail to impress. That finished World Eater is awesome. The blood really adds a whole bunch to it, although, I personally would have added more to the axe itself. Although, I have a tendency to over do it when I want blood.

Top notch stuff here, and I cannot wait to see more basic legionaries.

Evening folks! Mk, upon reading most of those threads, I must be thinking of that little post or two where he's explaining his silicon brush. I *will* have one.

Thanks for helping me figure that out guys! Special thanks to nhaunter and Pyro! And for DSS7 (I totally love that abbreviation!) for amusing me greatly.

@Warmaster - Thanks! I do my best. I think you're probably right. The rest of his axe is kinda clean compared to the blade. 

I'll have the answer to how he made the silicone brush as soon as TDA emails me back Flint.  I'll let you know what he says about it then.  Two things before you paint that marine though.  Clean up the mold lines on the bayonet and anywhere else you can find them and the flash on the helmet.  Second, my user name is Mikhail please stick to that I'm not a fan of nick names at all.

The iron warrior helm looks good, a little light for my taste but the hazard stripe is awesome :)

as for the silicone hand for bloody prints, you want to get an open palm hand on a forearm and Incase it in green stuff and let it set. Sharp knife to carefully remove it then fill with silicone and let set. Remove green stuff and fix you silicone hand to the end of an old brush

Oh, those are pretty much identical to the Gray Knights "casting" hand, correct? Hmm... seems like an awfully small project to invest in a whole huge thing of silicone though... wonder if I could fudge it somehow.

@Pyro - Don't you think I have enough IW in this thread already? :P

Thanks Angels! Do me a short favor though. Your screenname is way too cool to have a blank "PHOTO MISSING" tag for an avatar happy.png

Oh, those are pretty much identical to the Gray Knights "casting" hand, correct? Hmm... seems like an awfully small project to invest in a whole huge thing of silicone though... wonder if I could fudge it somehow.

@Pyro - Don't you think I have enough IW in this thread already? tongue.png

Thanks Angels! Do me a short favor though. Your screenname is way too cool to have a blank "PHOTO MISSING" tag for an avatar happy.png

Get a cheap pack of Instamold, a handle from an old paintbrush, and a small bag of dental alginate ($5 on ebay). Cast the Instamold around the hand, wait til dry, cut into two pieces, close the mold around the paintbrush handle, tape it tight, pour in alginate and stir to get rid of air bubbles, lat it sit and dry.

Voila. A tiny flexible hand on a brush. And the Instamold has tons of uses, so it isn't like you're wasting money on something you'll never use.

@Pyro - Don't you think I have enough IW in this thread already? :P

Thanks Angels! Do me a short favor though. Your screenname is way too cool to have a blank "PHOTO MISSING" tag for an avatar ^_^

Get a cheap pack of Instamold, a handle from an old paintbrush, and a small bag of dental alginate ($5 on ebay). Cast the Instamold around the hand, wait til dry, cut into two pieces, close the mold around the paintbrush handle, tape it tight, pour in alginate and stir to get rid of air bubbles, lat it sit and dry.

Voila. A tiny flexible hand on a brush. And the Instamold has tons of uses, so it isn't like you're wasting money on something you'll never use.

This too. Listen to heathens, he knows much

@Pyro - Don't you think I have enough IW in this thread already? tongue.png

I can try this method later today and see how well it turns out Flint. I have plenty of all of the supplies for this project. If it turns out looking and working well I can just send you one if you like. I've wanted one for myself as well ever since I saw TDA's original, it may be a while till he gets back to me email anyway.

First, MUSIC!

[/video=youtube;lN98u4E7mRo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN98u4E7mRo

Second. Another possible character. What do we think?

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b533/Flint1324/PC190003_zpse08682cf.jpg

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b533/Flint1324/PC190005_zpsa9b6cc28.jpg

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b533/Flint1324/PC190004_zps55f761db.jpg

I'll be sure to clean up his shoulderpad and a few rough spots before actual paint goes on. I really like his bulkier gauntlets. Looks like they were made for duelin' ^_^

Third, Replies!

@ Heathens - Alrighty, I'll have to give that a try. Also, I have noticed all of your Avatars are folks with vicious facial scarring.

@ AngelsAbsolute - Definitely! Unfortunately, he kinda wants my skin at the moment. So this may be a well concealed trap happy.png

@ Mikhail - Sweet! Let me know how it goes if you get to it before I do.

I'm just having difficulty picturing that shield as anything other than Rex's shield, you'll need to pull off some major conversion work to make it look otherwise.  Also, I think the horsehair crest on the helmet is entirely too prestine on the helmet and needs some mussing up. 

Evening guys!

@ Forte - There is an Autocannon in the background. Why the long face? ^_^

@ Chaptermasterdaemon - Let's see... he's got the Sons of Horus backpack and champion body (that's where it ended up, stay tuned for the axes!), the gauntlets, sword and shield of a Forgeworld inquisitor, and a generic MK4 command head.

@Koriel - Ah! So that's his name.

@ Chaplain - I'll do my best. It was a pain to shave down that giant stylized without killing the rest of the shield. But I slashed the skull's right eye, carved a good few divots out of the edges, and hopefully under paint and battle damage it should be fairly divergent from the original.

Alrighty guys, I'm off to commit a few things to primer!

Archived