Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pKdHwWh_beM/TYJLZjUtO1I/AAAAAAAAB5Q/1d0b6X6wFow/s1600/christopher-lambert-mortal-kombat.jpg

Raiden approves.

Now show me a Son of Horus curbstomping an Emperor's Child on Isstvan III. You choose who's fighting for the Warmaster or not.

What's that? This isn't a request thread? Bah!

Evening guys! Wow, we've got quite a few replies to go through. Hope they're good! happy.png

@ Forte - I do like the "hodgepodge" mixed look of the heresy plate that I've seen in a few Nightlords threads so far. Do you think it would look odd if I had a few squads of mixed armor and a few of "pure breed?"

@ Kol - I am curious how that would look now, I'll have to play around. I have seen a pretty awesome EC champion with a MK4 head and MK3 everything else.

@ Cheexsta - Thanks! It always cheers me up to hear folks happening by and enjoying themselves. Just mind the bodies everywhere devil.gif

@ Koriel - Thanks! I'll admit (don't tell jasp!) that I'm really starting to enjoy World Eaters. It's going to be quite awhile, but I may pick them up and give them their own lil blog.

As for the Terror squads, I'm thinking of Kol and Forte's suggestion of MK4-6 bodies with MK3 heads. Thoughts?

@ Chaptermasterdaemon - ...you happen to mention in a Nightlord's personal thread. No pressure of course. Just... you know... don't linger too long in dark alleys while you "decide." happy.png

@ Knight of the Raven - Thanks. I feel like my painting is finally starting to look semi-professional. For the fluff, I had a great deal of fun reading it out loud to myself over a few drafts. I just went with the text that sounded best when read with a terrific Gareth Armstrong sneer throughout happy.png

@ Jasp - Tell me about it. Charlottesville isn't *quite* Portland, but it has it's moments. With the beer, chocolate, wine and cheese making, it's kinda like Seattle-lite. Maybe an EC one day soon, but I am officially back to midnight clad business. I have been reading an unprecedented number of Third Legion blogs lately thou...

@ Barabbas - Thanks! Truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of the normal blood angels red color. I do appreciate the fact they are no longer orange like they were in the 90's, but I still wanted a darker "coagulated" blood color instead of a bright arterial. It's really just the technique I used on the Dusk Raider's gauntlet expanded for a whole model.

@ Nephilim - Wow, awesome enough to end a coke binge? That's definite kudos!

@ Forte (2) - I'm not a huge blood angel fan myself. I was just a little curious if that wine red color would look good on an entire model. Alrighty, as soon as I take another micro break from Nightlords, I'll give the EC a looksee

@ DSS7 - Yessir, more Nightlords to happen shortly.

@ Depthcharge - Ah, so that's what a charnabal sabre is. I know I have a right handed one around here somewhere, but I started out with the idea to give him a lopsided pair of weapons. From a modeling standpoint, I don't like symmetry, so it was either that or the saber and an axe. The chainsword won out since they look pretty martial when posed together.

But, glad you like them! I needed someone for my World Eater to smack around.

@ Sockwithaticket - Thanks! I think his pose turned out pretty well too. It barely needed any converting either.

@ Vazzy - I know right? *super* dramatic

@ BassWave - Thanks! I know what you mean. I was sitting there thinking about how I wanted to paint him, and ended up going with just the little wreath as "bling," instead of making every rivet gold along with his helmet. I figure he's only the champion of the 22nd host, so he won't be *quite* as fancy.

@ Kol - Maybe one day. I did actually just email FW to see if they could elaborate on how they painted the Iron Hands MK3 guys a few days ago.

@ Jasp - Hey! I was an automotive mechanic for five years before I became a personal trainer for rich ladies. You watch that grease monkey business tongue.png

@ Knight of the Raven - Yeah, me too. I just made Bakar as a little foil for Nine-fang happy.png

@ Cormac - Well damn, if Chistopher Lambert approves, I guess I'm doing something right. Funny that I hadn't gotten a request for a Son of Horus until now. Maybe one day. Truth be told, I'd much rather paint a Luna Wolf. I'm not a huge fan of that ambiguous sea foam green the Sons have going.

@ DSS7 - He's just giving me a hard time for referencing a cheesy videogame movie from '95 happy.png

@ TheWarmaster - Thanks! I know what you mean, he did end up a bit plain. Oh well, with only being the 22nd out of all the other champions, I suppose he doesn't get the best bling msn-wink.gif

I've always thought Blood Angels looked better in dark red, one of many reasons why I love the Flesh Tearers smile.png

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next! happy.png

(P.S. Mortal Kombat is so bad it's good, unlike it's truly dire cousin, Streetfighter blink.png )

Group shot!

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b533/Flint1324/PC230001_zps459457c5.jpg

(left to right) Ha'kun Varrus, Madruk Vaun, Bakar the Halcyon, Drakka Nine-fanged

Aquilanus - Me too! I've seen some awesome Flesh Tearers and Flesh Eaters on here. And don't knock Street Fighter. Greatest Van Damme movie ever besides *maybe* Timecop. And that's only b/c there is twice as much Van Damme jump kick action.

@ Jasp - I've already got one dreadnought! Here he is in case you forgot him.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b533/Flint1324/PB210001_zps8b474987.jpg

I *loathe* painting vehicles almost as much as the color white. I can honestly say I do not have a dreadnought in the "to do" queue at this time...

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b533/Flint1324/PC230002_zps49ee82b6.jpg

And if I ever do some Emperor's Children, a good buddy of mine over on COTEC drew this up for me...

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b533/Flint1324/PC230002_zps6b448d20.jpg

Hehe nice art!

You are super swift and producing some great bits of work, love the last group shot of your marines, each marine has its own tale.

I've been trying to keep up reading and viewing this thread - but now I see dreads and a contemptor, you have my approved attention! :D

Oh I'm hella tired after exercising high maintenance clients who don't really want to be working out, followed by my own gym time training for a little local lifting comp coming up. I will admit I play/practice no organized sports beyond modern dance and Zumba. Or maybe Tomb Raider...

It's no 30 ton excavator, but training to deadlift 290 takes it out of me tongue.png

Archived