Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

Oh I'm hella tired after exercising high maintenance clients who don't really want to be working out, followed by my own gym time training for a little local lifting comp coming up. I will admit I play/practice no organized sports beyond modern dance and Zumba. Or maybe Tomb Raider...

It's no 30 ton excavator, but training to deadlift 290 takes it out of me tongue.png

Try teaching cardio class at an MMA gym. :P

Good Morning Folks!

@ Warmaster - Haha, that normally helps. But yes, that banner is from an awesome guy on COTEC named Ash. He does banners on commission.

@ Vazzy - dry.png So do I. Behold my unimpressed face :P

@ Jasp - Yessir! Next project is to finish up my MK2 squad and their apothecary.

@ Cormac - I like the "idea" of the Sons scheme... I just really like the white/black contrast of the Luna Wolves better. They're like milk and cookie marines.

@ Recon - That is a pretty good idea! I could definitely see a bunch of Nightlords holed up somewhere seeing if they can potshot wings off of 1st legion helmets. But between you and I, my next "diorama" may involve a slight Nightlordification of a few very special Sons of Horus. Well one Son of Horus and one Luna Wolf at least...

@ Rhapsody - Thanks! I do my best when I have a free bit. I'm actually surprised I have this much free time. In Jan/Feb, things are normally pretty crazy for me, what with all the new years resolution folks.

@ Tanith - Oooh, sounds awesome. I teach a boot camp, but I imagine yours is more impressive and with less house moms.

@ Captain Semper - Thanks! His name is Bakar. The Halcyon if you want to go for his full title. He's actually my first stab at MK5, so I'm glad you like him.

I'll do my best to keep it to just Midnight clad and the occasional "other" legion ^_^

@ Forte - Good point. The scariest guys get the best gear. Totally plays into my oft utilized jackal analogy!

@ Koriel - Especially the Nightlords, I'd imagine. They have always been the "behind enemy lines," sort of legion, and I imagine the heresy and break from the Imperium did nothing good for their supply lines.

So a bit of hilarious and quite telling history this morning, just for you, my friends of B & C.

I happened across him while looking for the weathering powders I just *knew* were at the very bottom of the closet. I present to you my very first painted Nightlord, circa Flint 2005.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b533/Flint1324/PC240003_zpsf8713277.jpg

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b533/Flint1324/PC240004_zps95ac2634.jpg

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b533/Flint1324/PC240005_zps6c3052c6.jpg

Funny enough, we'll be coming up on his 10th anniversary pretty soon. I'm glad my craft has improved since then sweat.gif

Sooo... I was hoping I could just quietly edit that little date mistake, but Kol had to yell about it (no hard feelings, buddy! totally my mistake)

2005 is a more accurate date. In '95 I would have been 7 years old, given that I am 25 now. Glad you folks seem to like him though.

Also, sorry if this post makes you feel older, Forte. Everyone still loves you!

In '05 I was in my sophmore year of high school. There were a lot of firsts that year...
1st Chaos marine (Nightlords)
1st car ('94 camaro)
1st job (managing a Spencer's gifts at the mall)
1st prom (it was ok, theme of "take on the night" whatever the hell that means. Basically it looked like an Ah-ha music video)

1st alcoholic beverage (Jameson)
1st start on an associates degree in college (culinary arts)

Archived