Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

@ Recon - Thanks buddy! That means a lot 

@ Firepower - Thanks for the assistance. I'll play around with a couple old models and see what I come up with.

I say celeb b/c I blame you and AD-B in equal measure for the 500pt force of Black Templars staring accusingly at me across my computer desk.

How does this cleaned up freehand look?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/661/vTxWeX.jpg

Oh wow. I am consistently blown away by the awesome replies I get. Thanks so much guys! My humble l'il plog is almost up to 1000.

@ 200plus - Sure thing buddy! It's hella simple. Actually the exact same technique I use for my ensorcelled weapons on the square base side of the fence. Here go. Hope it helps!:

http://s4.zetaboards.com/cotec/topic/10099164/1/#new

@ Chaplain - Wow, that's pretty steep praise. Thanks a lot.

@ BCK - Well we know who to thank for that gold recipe don't we? You'd better stay on your toes... still contemplating beating you in combat so I can eat your heart and gain your hobby superpowers tongue.png

@ Incinerator - Hah! FB magic.

@ Barabbas - Thanks! I feel like I'm slowly figuring out how it works, bit by bit. Glad to hear it's coming out better in the mean time.

I've spent the last few minutes trying to figure out where I've seen that spear blade before.

I know I've seen that on another model, but I'm darned if I can remember which kit that's from! pinch.gif

Its one of the swords from the Warriors of Chaos set, very nice and pointy happy.png

Hey guys!

I've had a few folks ask about how I do my snow bases after I posted the Dragonslayer. I made a tutorial for that one too for anyone curious.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/294345-flints-tiny-tutes-2-the-re-tutening/

@ Incinerator - HA! Thanks for that. I'm getting pretty close to 500, so I always appreciate it.

@ Jasp - Sweet! We both know I'm every bit as wrought red as I am midnight clad. Besides, I've been painting purple lately ^_^

@ TearsoftheRaven - Thanks! It's silly simple. Tute's above if you want it

@ Firepower - I start at step nine *drops mic* tongue.png

@ Ace Debonair - Thanks! I find it's much easier to paint white when I don't use any actual white. Everything "white" on the Emperor's Children is actually super pale blue. Even the tippiest toppest edge highlights

@ Terimus - Yep! Those Warrior kits are freakin' loaded with awesome conversion opportunities.

@ Daemon2027 - Wow, coming from you, that's pretty serious bidness. Thanks buddy! Unfortunately the rest of the plog isn't quite as pretty ^_^

For tonight, just a little WiP update. Here are what happened to the other 3 palantine blades. Let me know what you folks think I should fix up before they get painted. I'm open to plenty of constructive crit!

middle one is superb perfect flow of movement in the model.

need I say more other than

you make the pheonican proud but remember your soul belongs to the red angel sister

edit: don't have Eogist playing when you look at flints thread its to happy and JPOPish

cool.png

Very nice! Like Jaspcat, I really like the middle guy! The use of the Loken chainsword is superb! thumbsup.gif

the lightning claw guy I'm not so sure about though, big power fists and lightning claws seem a little too "unelegant" for the Emperor's children, but that's just my personal opinion.

I agree with Jaspcat and Terminus it looks a bit "heavy" for a emperor's children. Maybe swap the arms for the standard one? Then put the claws in the middle of the forearm with some green stuff to pad out where it joins(or heat the claws up in boiling water and bend them round it)?

Other than that they are really nice the guy leaning back on his right leg is cool and the chainsword powersword combo! Tasty.

Oh and how your painting the power weapons of the EC's is awesome

I've spent the last few minutes trying to figure out where I've seen that spear blade before.

I know I've seen that on another model, but I'm darned if I can remember which kit that's from! pinch.gif

Its one of the swords from the Warriors of Chaos set, very nice and pointy happy.png

Ah, so it is!

Much obliged! happy.png

Archived