Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

BAM!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/538/rPQd7B.jpg

The torso and head are still unglued and she's sans a few armor pieces so I can still take her apart and paint her fiddly bits, but here stands Jackal Dawn in entirety. I definitely want to add a few extra bits to her so we're all sure she's *dark* Mechanicum. So any ideas of small additions are definitely welcome. Even though she's *stupid* huge, it doesn't look like she will be a chore to paint at all.

@ Hellath - Wow, whole thread eh? That's a lot of hilariously bad reading in a few spots. Thanks for sticking with me thumbsup.gif

@ Terimus - Thanks! She is kinda pretty isn't she?

@ Noctis - Point in case happy.png

@ Aquilanus - Hi buddy! Long time no love. Glad to hear you're excited for micro-titan! Any good suggestions to Night Lord him up a little?

@ Augustus - How does she look all together?

Beautiful. As much as I want one of those...or two, or three...I promised myself I wouldn't pick one up for a while yet.

When I do get mine, I'll definitely be swapping arms around like you have. Looks so much better.

How tall is that anyway, 7-8 inches? I've seen the comparison shots, but I find having actual mesurements really help put things into perspective.

On another note, that thing is gonna look aces when painted, judging by the shin armour. :tu:

Here are a couple of modifications so far.

I want to keep them pretty small, but neat.

Thanks for all the great replies folks! It always keeps my hobby batteries charged happy.png
@ Augustus - Awesome! Just want I was going for.
@ Tanith Ghost - Pretty close I think. Maybe an inch short tops.
@ Warmaster - Glad to hear it looks better than the FW one. It's really well painted, but I feel like they could have done so much more with its posing.
@ Terimus - DO IT! I'll admit its a bit expensive. I wouldn't have gotten it if it wasn't an anniversary present.
@ Demon2027 - Was trying hard to keep the modifications small. What do we think so far?
@ Koriel - Mine is 10.5" tall at the top of the shoulder. Glad the little bit of paint is looking good.
@ lokkorex - That's how I was trying to position it, as it throws back the shield and rotates at the waist to thrust the spear forward in the split second before it fires.

That is one serious model! As for suggestions, well I think that aside from the typical lightning flashes, perhaps one of the larger areas could be filled with distorted faces screaming in horror (perhaps the souls of its victims begging to be released). Not sure how viable that is though.

Oh wow, that was quick.

@ Forte - I know I'm not, but I'm working on it! tongue.png

@ Koriel - That's my favorite so far too!

@ Warmaster - The Knight's helmet or the trophy helms? Yes to both happy.png Everyone except the plumed one on the back. He's gonna be an Imperial Fist.

@ Aquilanus - Lightning definitely, but chaosy faces seems a little too chaosy for me. My Dark Admech are a *very* recently turned division borrowed from Kelbor Hal, so I don't want them super mutated yet. Thanks for the input though! I'll save that for the Decimator I'm working on.

@ Incinerator - Don't give up! They are awesome fun, and there are a ton of great examples on BnC for inspiration.

@ Capitano - Shamelessly pilfered idea from BrotherHeinrich's new contemptor. What do you think of his little predator arm blades? (I checked, and they'll clear the shield)

Oh wow, that was quick.

@ Forte - I know I'm not, but I'm working on it! :P

@ Koriel - That's my favorite so far too!

@ Warmaster - The Knight's helmet or the trophy helms? Yes to both ^_^ Everyone except the plumed one on the back. He's gonna be an Imperial Fist.

@ Aquilanus - Lightning definitely, but chaosy faces seems a little too chaosy for me. My Dark Admech are a *very* recently turned division borrowed from Kelbor Hal, so I don't want them super mutated yet. Thanks for the input though! I'll save that for the Decimator I'm working on.

@ Incinerator - Don't give up! They are awesome fun, and there are a ton of great examples on BnC for inspiration.

@ Capitano - Shamelessly pilfered idea from BrotherHeinrich's new contemptor. What do you think of his little predator arm blades? (I checked, and they'll clear the shield)

Aren't you wonderful. How invigorating. No, it has to do with budgeting and no foreseeable Chaos knight rules in the near future.

Couple of small modifications. Slowly making Jackal Dawn looking like the worshiped god machine that she should be with teeny trophies and whatnots. Also fixed her groin flap with actual (not brittle resin) chain.

What other little bits, bobs and/or spikey bits can I add that won't make it look too cluttered? I'd love some suggestions. I'd love for it to look like machine priests, tech adepts and other machine pile little fetishes and gifts at her feet, but they're just censored.gif ed up presents, b/c *dark* mechanicum!

Plus I didn't want to just straight up steal K-Sci's awesome bloody hand print idea.... http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/284419-khornes-eternal-hunt-krautscientists-chaotic-wip-thread/?p=3769154

@ Recon - Glad to hear! Have an idea for a couple legions you'd like to see up there?

@ Barabbas - Thanks! That's why we all cam in here anyway, right? ^_^

@ Warmaster - Can do. That's 2 down, three to go.

@ Capitano - Oh she'll be stabbing quite a lot, don't you worry!

@ Demon2027 - I am particularly chuffed with that one. Glad to hear it looks the part. Have a legion color you'd like to see dangled up there?

@ Forte - No worries, quite a bit of cleaning/sanding/smoothing left.

@ Incinerator - There are *plenty* of Knight rules in the Heresy era. More than just a weapon swap too ^_^

Archived