Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

Evening folks. 

Just wanted to get an opinion on a little team project I'm starting in on. If anyone has stuck with this plog for awhile, a few parts here should look familiar. Not a new character... just a little reboot for something coming up that I'm pretty excited about.

What do we think for a start?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/673/wwB0GU.jpg

Signalmaster Sevik Lo? Is that you?

Looking good, the pose has some nice movement to it and the head is sighting down the bolter. The converted axe (atleast I think it's a conversion) looks awesome, and it fits the model perfectly.

The real question though, is the mk6 armour looted from a loyalist? ;)

Edit: I agree with Sanguinius, it does look like the signalmasters head.

Yeah, win. I love the movement in the right arm, head and body but I'm gonna be controversial and say the left arm isn't working for me - it looks a bit too static and tense, for want of a better word. I'd personally go for a more relaxed, straighter arm, with the axe on a more horizontal plane, so it looks like he's focusing on strafing with his Bolter, axe held almost nonchalantly in his off-hand. Just my two pennies though, feel free to tell me to do one :)

Came to check up on your thread hommes.

That is some fantastic work! I subbed too after all the work you've been up to :)

One little minor flub though is that I'd suggest thinning down your paints too ^_^ I have trouble sometimes too but it makes all the difference of your models going from "wow" to "holy moly"

@ jackdaw- Something like this?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/633/A60jGp.jpg

@ Sanguinious - hah! Got it in one. Yep, totally Sevik Lo's gritty batman reboot happy.png

@ Koriel - it's one of the axes from the Mk3 weapon sets. And also yes, that's primarily MK6 plate, although with a special small personal modifications. It's my favorite armor mark.

Wait until you see how the 28th manage to get their hands on a bunch of them msn-wink.gif

@ Tears - thanks, very glad to hear it! That's exactly what I was going for.

@ depth charge - thanks buddy! I've taken a note from forte recently and I'll try the "tinted water" approach to painting next thing

Have to agree, this master of signal looks like an Astartes in a combat zone, not an officer glued to his screen (even though thats kind of his job).

Also, just curious...how many Elsa variant avatars do you have....ohmy.png

You'll probably laugh at me for this suggestion, due to the obvious lack of realism, but after hearing so many quotes from the Master of Signal, I somehow feel it would be more appropriate with a bare head, showing us his grizzled veteran head. I know, I know, that's only my love for bareheaded marines speaking right there, but it just seems the logical thing to do. Plus the helmet could always be mag-locked to his belt or something...

Evening guys. Would you fine folks mind doing me a favor and giving this business a look see?

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/295723-shadows-in-the-storm-the-siege-of-korrianna-forge/

This is the little project a friend and I have been working on, and we both hope you all enjoy it.

On to replies!

@ LongGone - Glad to hear he has so many appreciative fans!

@ Recon - Thanks! *See above* ^_^

@ kizzdougs - I totally agree! They look so static and anti-social just poking away at their little wrist Ipads.

@ BCK - Glad to hear it buddy!

@ Slipstreams - Glad to hear he came off all actiony. And as for my avatars...many... many. More than you've seen so far

@ BCKx2 - HA! Beat me to it.

@ Forte - I do indeed! Thanks for the praise

@ JackDaw - Heck yeah he does. Don't worry, I have plenty of friendly competition for Maw msn-wink.gif

@ K-Sci - I won't laugh at you buddy! You love unhelmed marines, i'm not going to make fun of you for that.

... not going to do it, but not going to give you too hard of a time either laugh.png

Besides, I already made you the one unhelmed marine I'm going to do thumbsup.gif

Good Morning guys!

First, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who came over to give a look at the new little Campaign ploggy that Jaspcat and I have just gotten underway. It totally floored me to see how many responses it has had in less than 24 hours. Thanks so much! wub.png

We hope to keep that business going for quite sometime, as we both really build off of the motivation everyone here provides by contributing to our ongoing project. Details of the Micro Forgeworld, Korrianna, and the forces arrayed for and against her will be forthcoming as we delve deeper into it's murky depths, so stay tuned! ^_^

Secondly, I definitely intend to keep this ploggy up and running healthy with updates on all of my work in progress stuff, as kinda a sneak peak at what is coming up in the Shadows thread. I just realized today that this deal has a solid 50 followers. I still wonder sometimes if people are clicking on the wrong "subscribe to" button tongue.png

Anywho, back to our regularly scheduled programming!

Finished the head and heraldry of the Jackal Dawn. Thanks again to Biohazard for suggesting a titan sized terror marking. While the rogue portions of House dan Elsan aren't *technically* 8th legion (think Deltrian and his alliance with the 10th in A D-B's trilogy) they have been "working" together long enough to really start to adopt some of the 28th's more interesting affectations.

What do we think so far?

Sweet Mother of pearl that looks pants wettingly awesome!! Trying not to ake a squeee!! noise in the office

Maybe give the horns a tiny tweak, but I definitely like where you have taken it. The mandibles are ace too.

Are you going to weather the paited out house symbol so it looks like old paint/ dried blood, or put some gloss on it to make it look fresh?

Archived