Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

Ok this talk of evil hello kitties and my little ponies is starting to get creepy. Hmmm ok well guess it would work Flint. laugh.png

I like the runes/glyphs on your banner. I hope I have the patience and steady hand when I eventually draw hexagram wards and sigils on my Exorcists.

Morning folks! Thanks for all the lovely replies.

@ Knight - Haha, thanks. Admittedly, after the first two I was at a loss for a unique pose on the third Ursurax.

@ Kael24 - Glad to hear it came out well. Hexxy wards painted like that would look killer on some Exorcists! Let me know if you need any assistance, and definitely let me see them when you try it!

@ Candleshoes - Mhmm, me too! I wanted a look like someone had hastily scrawled them all down, maybe even misspelled or missed a few, then trailed off at the end. Although a bit of that was accidental ^_^

@ Dantay - Not sure exactly what it says. I can only speak Nostraman, I can't read it yet. So if anyone knows of a Nostraman runic dictionary, that'd be helpful ^_^

I basically copied all the runes that were visible from the kneepad of one of the Night Lord art pieces in Massacre.

@ Forte - You'll laugh when I tell you how simple it was. I used two different sizes of micron pen, then swiped agrax earthshade over the whole deal really quickly before the ink dried. S'why the little runes at the bottom are a little more messy than the ones at the top.

@ Slipstreams - like the Nikae oxide technical paint? I could see that.

Apologies to Kizzdougs, no more Hello Kitty talk from me smile.png Looking great with the banner though. Read a cool article from ADBs blog about the Night Lords and the language. I tried looking for a dictionary, but no joy sad.png He mentioned that it might get included in the omnibus though. Can any Night Lords out there confirm if that happened or not?

The Baronette dan Elsan has arrived... And she is tiny. I love her! The perfect size of a 17 year old girl next to an armored war god.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/540/OG4PCD.jpg

@ Dark Bjoern - Thanks! Feel free to borrow away. It's silly simple.

@ Demon2027 - No worries buddy! I'll keep the kitty sacred ^_^

I'm thinking of trying a terror mark or two on the Ursarax. Im trying to keep evil modifications to a badass minimum other than that though. The Dark Admech of Skaros Teridecima are new converts

@ Dantay - har har

@ kizzdougs - Thanks! The conversion is crazy simple. I'm glad folks seem to enjoy them. I'm not super excited about hello kitty of mlp either :p

@ Barabbas - Thanks! Anything specifically?

@ Dantay - Afraid not in the omnibus. I did find an awesome article on the "Sounds of the Universe" blog

Wow, she is slender! Nice model for her though.

What colour will your Ursarax be? Are you going to go for reds a la standard mech, or are you going to go Dark Mech black?

Looking forward to seeing more smile.png

This was what I managed to find... A fun read, makes me want to get the Night Lords omnibus.

http://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/2011/09/01/your-void-stalker-qs/

10446039_702100686528321_118847635115637

This was what I managed to find... A fun read, makes me want to get the Night Lords omnibus.

http://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/2011/09/01/your-void-stalker-qs/

I count those books among my favorite sci-fi stories, not only in 40K, but overall. I highly recommend you get the omnibus! :)

Flint13, now you are making me want to invest in some Mechanicum support. The constructs look awesome! I am looking forward seeing them painted. 

The banner's looking mighty good in my estimation. The weathering really helps give it a sense of age.

And if I could free-hand that well all my models would be covered in it! laugh.png

I'm wondering if there's a way of making the chains on the top look a bit rusted - I can't help but think it'd fit really well, although that might just be me.unsure.png

Wow!!! Only just stumbled across this thread but I'm glad I did. There are some incredible stuff here.

I'm particularly looking forward to seeing that knight done - the faceplate skull is my favourite part so far. It's so well done :D

Definitely following this thread now. Always had a liking for the Night Lords.

Morning all! Little update in the form of a PiP on my first Ursarax. Got the basecoats and first layers down to give a general idea of the slate gray/black look I'm going for. The daylight bulb makes him seem a little lighter than he in IRL, but I'll still darken him down a bit with a wash or two. What do we think so far?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/908/odvMG2.jpg

Also, went ahead and finished up a single lightning claw to see if I liked where they were headed. So this is the finished effect I'm going for.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/673/F8pluX.jpg

Thanks for all the super positive replies!

@ Forte - Thanks! She ended up *super* creepy when I painted her. Here's the finished product for anyone who hasn't seen her:

@ Barabbas - Thanks! Sevik is one of my favorites as well happy.png
@ Dantay - Going for a dark grey slate look that I'm hoping will go well along with bronze and blue. How'd I do?
Also I *love* that art piece. It's one of my all time favorites.
@ Hellath - They have been super helpful in-game so far. It makes me happy to death-hug super tooled up characters laugh.png
@ Lokkorex - Mhmm. He never left. He just has to nap a lot. He's quite old.
@ Ace Debonair - Glad to hear it came out so well proportional to the very little work I feel like I put into it tongue.png
If you want to get into freehanding better, get yourself a set of micron pens. Even if you're going for a text or symbol color other than black, they are perfect for giving you a line to paint over. The difference is night and day from my old 'real' freehand stuff.
I was thinking more "gore clotted" than rusted myself.
@ Dark Apostle - Thanks buddy! I'm always happy to hear when someone new comes in and enjoys themselves. It makes me super enthusiastic to finish the knight when I hear how much everyone apparently likes it. The face plate terror mark is probably my favorite as well!
Thanks for stopping in, make yourself at home.
@ Incinerator - I just copied down all the legible runes I could from the Night Lords artwork in Massacre. There's a kneepad and a rhino that are particularly helpful.

Robots! Finally! The warp talon claws fit pretty well, and the swirling blue on the claws looks good.

Looking forward to seeing more Mechanicum of the dark variety :D

P.S. I read the fluff on the knight pilot. That self entitled brat needs to be taught a harsh lesson, preferably with a rad cleanser. Well done on the characterization :p

Archived