Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

Holy crap... that's a lot of replies. I can't believe my lil knight is that popular happy.png

@ Barabbas - Thanks! I do too.

@ Slipstreams - Mini sausage dog!! Glad to hear it's that exciting, haha.

@ Marqol - Thanks! Spiky is always better right?

@ Midnight - I know right? I love how ******** evil and ominous those bladed mandibles and terror marking make her look. It totally looks like she's snarling and I love it.

@ SanguiniousReborn - More of a poetic coincidence really... "And lo, the coming of the Dawn shall herald the death of Knight," will be the phrase on her little honor plate. S'always darkest before the Dawn, right? msn-wink.gif

@ Slipstreams - Always glad to hear it!

@ Demon2027 - Thanks buddy!

@ Dark Bjoern - Thanks! Truth be told, your knights are quite an inspiration to me, as are the rest of Mourndark. Are you thinking about a couple dark Mechanicus knights? Cause that would be awesome!

@ Jackdaw - Hah, that works.

@ Forte - I know right? That's what I like about the FW knights. They are much taller and look so much more svelte than the original GW version. Not that they look bad, but where the GW knight looks more like a hulking tank, these look more like graceful armored assassins.

I am exactly 5'4", so however leggy that entails tongue.png

@ Recon0123 - Thanks! Glad to hear it.

@ K-tarts - Not at all buddy! I *always* appreciate the constructive criticism. S'why I posted her at 90%.

1.) I know exactly what you mean. I can't do it bronze, b/c I want to keep the little allegiance symbol in bronze. I did however, already repaint the cowling gray-black. I think it looks much better that way.

So great minds totally thought alike on this one happy.png

2.) Nah, just the wonky angle of the photo. I had to really wrestle with it to get everything in frame without breaking out the light box (saving that for the final photo shoot) and it still came out a little oddly. The head is magnetized in there, so I can wiggle it around pretty easily too.

@ Kael24 - Hah, funny you should mention that... Glad to hear you like this one happy.png

@ Paladin - I'm ok with that being all.

@ Ace Debonair - Glad to hear it! Brutal is *exactly* what I wanted for her. If our wacky, bi-polor gene-sire approves, all the better laugh.png

@ Incinerator - It happens. I tried to jazz them up as much as I could. I'm more of a Front Mission gal, myself.

@ Recon0123 - "Planned" on a Castigator? No...

@ Jaspcat - I wouldn't call it "brilliant" per se... more of a decent idea stymied by the fact stupid bits sites won't stock what I want, and I'm leery of paying $140 for a kit I'll use a single piece of.

@ Incinerator - This is mostly correct.

@ Slipstreams - Funnily enough, the Jackal Dawn was a present from the gf. The Castigator I have on the way in the mail is all my fault though pinch.gif

Thanks again for all the replies everyone. I always love hearing what you all have to say!

Didn't she get drunk and order one?

@ Incinerator - This is mostly correct.

@ Slipstreams - Funnily enough, the Jackal Dawn was a present from the gf. The Castigator I have on the way in the mail is all my fault though

You drunkenly purchased a Castigator, that is all sorts of brilliance. I suppose there are worse mistakes that could be made after one to many!

What will the Castigator be called, Drunken Knight :D

Alright, the point K-tarts brought up was bugging me. The silver carapace was a little stark. But it didn't look good in black either. So I tried a black metal look with silver edge highlights and I am super happy.

Check it.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/540/it5uYn.jpg

@incinerator - Yep ^_^

@ Marqol - I actually had a jackal warhound once. Maybe one day again.

@ lokkorex - Glad to here it buddy!

In what I (amusingly) assumed would be a quick and fun assembly, I began on some air support for my Dark Admech. It then proceeded to eat my day with gap filling and general clean up and adjustments.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/540/ORQ5bS.jpg

EVIL ROBOT PLANE!! ^_^

@ Kael24 - Thanks! Yeah the washes do funny things on bright metals if they're flat.

@ Midnight Runner - I know right? Glad to hear it.

@ lokkorex - Oooooh... totally using that msn-wink.gif

@ Barabbas - Haha, good to hear.

@ Kol - Thanks! It took forevs to get right. Happy that its apparently paying off though.

@ Dantay - Ugh... that Castigator. I haven't even seen it yet, and I already hate its face a little ^_^

@ Forte - Good!

@ Biohazard - Best thing to hear is changing someone's mind cool.png

Archived