Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

Mk, last update for tonight.

Finally found a bit Im happy with to fill his lil wing gap where a backpack would be. Still have a lil greenstuff work to,do getting it to blend in better, but overall I'm content.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/745/FkWk4e.jpg

@ Dantay - I have tried tilting the head, but unfortunately he looks a little odd, like he's about to fly into something.

@ Tears - Haha not bad, but Fanged Blossom is still pretty Slaaneshi...

@ SanguiniousReborn - I had a hell of a time picking a head I didn't hate. That mk3 was my favorite of about a dozen candidates.

@ Recon - it's a plastic raptor head with a blade from a WoC hell strider of Slaanesh glued on top.

What you have created there is truly excessive. The new spine works perfectly. Your painting and modelling standards have shot up the past year and nothing really can hold you back. Have fun with these. You don't have a cannon scheme you have to follow so just go with what feels right.

Call of Chaos is going to be good ;)

Everything about that model is insane, minus the helmet. It just really detracts from the aesthetics of the model itself.

Just my opinion, mind. Still a beautiful piece of work.  :)

I dig the hover look, personally. It has this, "come to me" angel look, which is perfect for a warrior that draws you in close with his smile and glowing perfection, then suddenly turns hideous and lethal when it's too late for you to run.

The helmet though.... unsure.png

The helmet wouldn't be my choice, but I think it is rather alright.

If anything, it's the legs that throw me a little. One is either too stiff and erect, the other a little too bent and loose. If one was more like the other, it would look more natural a pose to me.

Evening guys!

So it's really gratifying to know that while I was poodling around with different helmets, everyone was on here chatting about it happy.png

So here are some choices. I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment. I can agree that the MK3 Iron Hand one I have on there isn't amazing. But as one of the Raptor helmets is the only one I like even close to as much. Let me know what you folks think,

**Let me know if you have any helmet suggestions!**

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/538/gjrFvt.jpg

I don't dislike the last plastic raptor head. I'm considering that one the most
Replies!
@ Daytay - It is indeed. I have like 6 Krannons sitting around in various states of assembly/primer.
@ Forte - Awe, that means so much coming from such a devoted follower of the Black Prince. Thanks buddy happy.png
@ Balth - Thanks! His business is perversion in the name of perfection... and business is good cool.png
@ Barabbas - Awesome! Glad to hear it.
@ Kol - He's a former Life ward of my 3rd Legion Dragon Slayer. There is also some bad blood there. I will admit I am 100% unfamiliar with Mr. Grayall's artwork.
@ depthcharge - Tell me about it right?
@ Incinerator - I've got a couple little ideas for his base before I'm done. How does the new little rocky base look?
@ Augustus - Glad to hear it happy.png It turned out far less messy than I had assumed it would.
@ Skrundle87 - Borrow away! He's basically 1/2 dark eldar biggrin.png
@ 1000Heathens - I'm not 100% feeling the MK3 either. Do any of the alternate options above catch your fancy?
@ Cormac - I know what you mean with the legs. Twas the closest I could come to that "descent from on high" look happy.png
@

The third always seemed to just have that Slaaneshy look, y'know?

But if you're trying for a more traditional angel, I would say go for the fourth.

Especially if you can give each a burning eye effect.

The last one ain't bad, I'd say.  :)

If you had laying about, I can't shake the image of the bare blood angel head with the sneer on his face. Sculpt some long hair, and he'd be frighteningly perfect, with a beautiful touch of total arrogance.

*Le shrug*

#3 or #6, personally. If you had a more angelic one or smoother version of 3 and 4 then I'd give those a try.

If you have a Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard helm those might do pretty well.

I think I pinpointed my main gripe with the mini : The legs. Because the Lightning Claws and Wings are so large, they look stunty by comparison :x

Personally, I'm not a fan of any of the helmet options. I must be honest, I feel that the components of the model do not quite mesh well with one another. I understand you're going for a very twisted angel, yes? To me, atleast, I feel that the choice of legs and shoulder guards do not mesh well with the torso. My recommendation would be either go full angelic or full chaos. I don't believe that standard use of bits would be able to pull it off without the use of Palatine Blade or Kakophani bits.  However, I do absolutely love the use of the Scourge wings attached to the spinal cord component. You can't change that.

Archived