Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

Oh wow, thanks for the numerous replies! Always like reading these. They keep my hobby batteries charged ^_^

@ Kol - Heh, poor Alan. I could probably take a nap, come back, and still win, haha. But! They are my very next project.

@ Augustus - Thanks Auggie! I appreciate it.

@ Slipstreams - I know right? I originally had written this duel between two librarians, but this was *way* more fun and fluffy. 

@ Aquilanus - Ah, I'm glad that's how it came across, b/c that's *exactly* how I wanted it to ^_^ Al Fareal is a very confident man who is completely taken with his Primarch's purpose.

@ J-Tibbs - Glad to hear! I got this little thingie of putty by stealing it from the Padre, who probably got it on Amazon, but I've seen it in HobbyTowns and other places that do models, RC cars and stuff.

@ Barabbas - Thanks! 

@ Recon - Awe, thanks buddy. The painting process was really simple, just time consuming waiting for all the washes to dry. I may actually try it again sometime soon. But! Goes as follows

1.) Heavy drybrush everything Vallejo Air Chrome. 

2.) Wash with Drakenhoff Nightshade

2b.)Wash with Guillman blue

3.) Wash with Colea Greenshade (mostly toward bottom of plates)

3b.)Wash with Gulliman blue

4.) Wash with Druchii Violet (kinda splotchy here and there)

4b.) Wash with Gulliman blue

5.) Edge highlight *VERY* carefully with VAC Gunmetal. 

Gettin' that hobby done, son!

Also, I've had a bunch of folks ask over my time here, and a fair few in the past couple of weeks. Here's a shot of my little hobby room, all cozy like happy.png
@Midnight Runner - Thanks! Haha, I very much doubt these guys will ever become a whole army. I just wanted to see if I could pull off pink. ^_^
@ Firepower - Will do buddy!
@ BCK - Can't argue. I had a thingie of it for all of two weeks and I wasn't impressed.
@ Augustus - Yep! That's pretty much what I've been doing for awhile now. Not bad so far ^_^

Afternoon folks! Had a free bit today as a professor called out sick.

Was going to save this for the next March of Legions, but what the heck, I'll build a new one for whatever legion it turns out to be.

Always wanted to try my hand at a Ravenguard, since they are in several ways, direct opposition for the Night Lords' way of war.

19th Shadow Company Moritat: H'lad Navala

Replies!

@ Noctem - Which one? I use so many... ^_^ I'm guessing the contemptor?
@ Dantay - Hah! That's b/c I prettied it up a bit to take a picture.
@ Forte - Mine was too before I upgraded! (well, a tupperware at least) I have to say, they perform about the same if I'm being honest rolleyes.gif
@ Barabbas - Ah, my relative condensing of hobby space is more b/c I don't wish the SO yelling "pick up your crap!" at me for most of the day biggrin.png

Flint does raven guard? And a moritat at that?

*drools*

*ahem*

I can't wait to see how you paint him, almost certainly gonna raise the bar for the rest of us next month.

Lovely pose, reminds me off the raven guard drawing from the last codex, the gunslinger assault marine there is amazing

Well flintzilla...

I have just spent quite a time crawling through this thread and i'm damned impressed. There's a lot of fine work in this thread. Now normally i'd leave a nice wordy critique on how awesome everything is, but having been distracted by the comments more than once I know how to leave my feedback. Here is my response to that knight you've been doing;

http://i.imgur.com/4ANnHtM.jpg

And this is what your log has put back into my head;

kthanx...

-skrall

Slowing making contemptor progress.

@ J-Tibbs - Thanks! I'll admit that I'm always interested to the ideas of how folks think the Ravenguard compare and contrast the Night Lords. Truth be told, while the XIX legion seems to be the go to for "Night Lords that didn't go traitor," I always considered the 8th to be an evil interpretation of the White Scars more than anything. Points:

-They both specialize in shock assault
-They both emphasize smaller strikes that cause maximum damage while utilizing a minimum number of legionaries, who minimize enemy response, by either speed, surprise or overwhelming (unfair ^_^ ) force.
-They both have a primarch who is misunderstood and generally doesn't get on that well with the other 17.
-They both are ostracized by the other legions for being rather different in campaign execution. 

@ Augustus - I know what you mean. I'm a little disappointed that FW kinda ironed out all of the "maybes" in the Ravenguard fluff (like where the Carcharadons came from) with all the newer fluff and designs. I'm not a huge fan of the tribal stuff with the new contemptor either.

@ Tarvick - No worries, only a one off heresy for my Ravenguard homies. Glad he looks like a gunslinger, seeing as how I wanted him to be a 30k version of this:
and this guy: ^_^

@ Kol - Yep! Good catch. I'm still trying to find something to do with the other bits in that kit.

@ Tears - Haha, just one, but I'm glad you seem to like him ^_^
Truth be told, I'm struggling to find a way to make black, white and silver minimalism interesting. Should have him finished up in a few days though, so you can let me know whatcha think.

@ Skrall - Thanks! Though I totally don't envy you that read. 

OMG!!! You pik referenced Boondock Saints... I so love you right now...

That dread is lookin rather spanking as well. 

Love the Contemptor Sis-Bro-Dude(tte)! Nice use of chains but I feel a distinct lack of...body parts...Obviously because it's not done, right?

Now, excuse my Warlords of Draenor fatigue addled brain (thats what sitting in an 8 hour queue will do to ya) but, I recall suggesting Corpses being dragged through the skies by the Primaris Lightning (Avenger? It was a plane...)....Why not do that here? :p

...I'm beginning to feel that corpses and MOAR body parts are all I suggest to NL WIPs :P

Archived