Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

Morning folks! Just finished up my own little contribution to the XIX. Didn't realize until I finished his glamo(u)r shots that his boots got a little messy when I was basing him >.<

Anywho, enjoy!

Moritat Hlad Navala of the 9th Shadow Company

"The Pale Magpie is not a sobriquet spoken within audible distance of Operative Navala. A veteran with centuries of experience, he received a near lethal dose of radiation from the detonation of a xenos weapons stockpile sometime in his long and distinguished service. It bleached the color from his eyes and hair, leaving them as pale as the complexion of Corax's sons.

Like his name sake, the Ravens shun the Magpie, regardless of his previous contributions. He had always stood apart from the rest of them, relying on the veils of shadow only so far as it would serve his purposes. Operations headed by the Moritat would often end in detonations of a most spectacular variety. Those same voices who echoed jesting moniker could also commonly be heard avowing that their father had mistakenly received one of the Khan's sons into his companies through some odd happenstance."

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/537/lo1AP7.jpg

"If he had not been of the XIX shadowed, he would have been bound for the Chaplaincy... his fellow operatives could often hear his near silent benedictions and prayers floating through the ether of the vox-net during pre-mission briefings."

"Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow forth as a river."

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/910/OithLL.jpg

"They had no idea what they were walking into. Exiting nonchalantly, in full view of their squad from the front of the building, he faced down no less than twelve combat ready Astartes with bolters drawn. It was an ambush that did not end well... for a few seconds, this humble manufactorum complex was Armageddon..."

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/743/SCNdmz.jpg

"Through the analysis of thousands of recorded Astartes engagements, the Mor Deythan has determined that the geometric distribution of enemy weapons in any combat action is a statistically predictable element. The Chain Fire technique treats the bolt pistol as a total weapon, each position of the art representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of enemy combatants, while keeping the Moritat clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire."

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/540/AE9V6Q.jpg

"He placed spent bolt casings over the eyes of each of the twelve targets. What's the symbology there? "

Replies!

@ Forte - Of course! His lil bronze bits are just basecoaty at the moment. Rest assured they will have much greater depth before I'm done ^_^

@ STD - Well yeah, its one of my favorite movies, tied for first with The Devil Wears Prada and Survive Style 5+.

@ Augustus - Thanks buddy! Axes are my favs. And we all know who I got inspiration for dread chains from msn-wink.gif

@ Jaspcat - Hehe, I know. The XIX is so emo right? I'm surprised they haven't attracted me before now.

@ Recon0321 - Thanks! It's been an amusing journey so far.

@ Dark Bjoern - Glad to hear it. I'm kinda struggling for something to make his front glacis a little more interesting though.

@ Slipstreams - Well, this particular almost-corpse is a Terran. Much more 8th legion than Night Lord. So he's a little more polished and spiffy than his Nostraman brothers. I want less a punk rock survivalist, more a "bring home to the parents" type of look for him ^_^

9/10 times, moar bodies are a good thing msn-wink.gif

I think I just used up my likes for the week on this thread O_O

Nice work Flint, I'm particularly fond of that Boondocks Saint- err I mean Moritat.

Keep up the good work!!! (Despite the second or third time this thread has been shut down :P you're such a hot commodity)

Heeeeey...

Remember that one time I was going to build and paint a GW knight?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/538/bpvh4x.jpg

Renewed production of the god-engine, Kara Ha'kaen, the Thunder Daughter.

Replies!

@ Kol - Absolutely a fan. My favorite Christian Bale movie before Bat-growl took over.

@ depthcharge - Always appreciate it.

Heh, not a hot commodity as such...

@ Slipstreams - Exactly. See? This guy gets it happy.png

@ Anaziel - Thanks!

Probably quite appropriate that your latest Astartes is a Raven Guard, you little Astartes magpie you. He looks boss though. And kudos for doing a proper Moritat with bolt pistols and not one of the all-too-common plasma pistol bastards. Now get a unit painted, not more Knights ;)

Evening guys! Trying to remember the color scheme I had thought out for the Knight. This is what I've got so far.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/661/tlRNjB.jpg

@ Sanguinious - Glad to hear you think so. It's always gratifying to know someone is looking forward to my work like they would a favorite tv show or comic book release.

@ Death Given Form - That's Grammaton Cleric Second Class Il Duce to you, Sir :P

@ Paladin - I'll take that as a compliment ^_^

@ JackDaw - Me? Magpie? Naaaah... :D

Truth be told, I like the bolt pistol look so much better. I actually tried plasma pistols at first (the flat wirey kind from Khorne berzerkers b/c the heresy ones look like my Vidal Sassoon blow dryer) but could never get them to look just *right* ya know?

Plus, he's holding them like a gangsta ^_^

Hey! A Knight is a unit.... and I may still be working on a murder of Night Raptors... quietly... somewhere in the back ^_^

o.O Flint doing a Knight :O

tumblr_msfppaPdiq1qky9aio1_500.gif

Oh no you didn't. This thread is turning into the boondocks saints movie.

All we need now is Willam Defoe yelling, "AND THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!"

*ahem*

Flint do you have any plans on returning to your Cuth'Vasi?

o.O Flint doing a Knight ohmy.png

tumblr_msfppaPdiq1qky9aio1_500.gif

Oh no you didn't. This thread is turning into the boondocks saints movie.

All we need now is Willam Defoe yelling, "AND THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!"

*ahem*

Flint do you have any plans on returning to your Cuth'Vasi?

Hehe, someone is a fan of Equilibrium.

Very nice combination of the inspirations.

EDIT: In before everyone else.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wcKTbFbwrxE

Evening Folks! Glad to see all the replies, chill on the memes though plz tongue.png

Here's what I managed in my couple free hours this evening:

Replies!

@ Kol - The word you're looking for is "awesome" happy.png
@ KBA - Haha, thanks for the praise. I don't think he's too spectacular, but I won't argue with you happy.png
I've got another XIX legion astartes planned for December's March of Legions, don't you worry.
@ Paladin - Always glad to hear it!

@ Slipstreams - Hah! Hilarious. Exnay on more memes though happy.png
@ K-Sci - They absolutely did, thanks again! Hmm... full interior, sure. Imma just weld up the top door with epoxy sculpt and you'll have to take my word for it though biggrin.png
@ Knight of the Raven - The Knight of noble House dan Elsan? Surely you jest.
And that's implied sapphic tendencies. Can't just come right out (HA!) and say it in a Disney movie happy.png
@ STD - That's a complement I've never gotten before. Yay!
@ Depthcharge - Heh... yeah, I only quoted Willem Dafoe like four times...
Plans on returning to them? Certainly. Within the forseeable future? Prolly as soon as the XII March of Legions event rolls around.
@ Teetengee - I'll take that as a compliment.

Aye aye Captain!

Also, yeah...at this point I'm waiting for you to just paint up a bunch of Thanatars and Castellax and kitbash/convert your own insane magos....

@ Teetengee - I'll take that as a compliment. 

Sorry, I was trying to point out that someone's wish had already been granted. That being said, please take as a compliment as much as you like, I have lurked for a while on this particular thread and your work is very good.

Archived