Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

Going well, but you know that you wrote the name of your knight upside down ? The chest plate goes the ither way around.

I didn't notice that either... I guess it's like that so the pilot can just look down and read it when they forget? 

Yayy! More knights! Already looking charactful too judging by the modifications to the mask. Is that a blind "eye" I see on the knights head? I guess we'll find out if that was caused by the Jackal. This is the knight that goes with your Ripley inspired pilot right?

Morning guys. Fiddled with the helm a bit, finally got it to sit straight. Here's a little bit closer look.

The battle damage isn't quite as smooth as I'd like, so I think I may go back and play around with it a bit more. This should give a decent idea of what i'm going for though.
Replies!
@ Jaspcat - Knights *are* AdMech! Specially this one. House dan Elsan is really closely tied with the Loyalist Adeptus Mechanicus contingent on Korrianna Forge.
@ Slipstreams - Haha, I have two more Ursarax to finish. Maybe that will be my project for today happy.png
My magos dominus is a rather tame FW Titan tech priest. Could always use another one though, right?
@ Teetengee - No worries, and thanks for stopping in to say hi!
@ Warspirit - Haha, that's hilarious! Can you tell I've only worked with Cerastus pattern Knights until now? happy.png
Thanks for letting me know. I suppose I might have figured it out eventually
@ J-Tibbs - Haha, I may have some pants labeled like that tongue.png
@ Kol - Indeed! It's Gryphonne sepia wash is already drying.
@ Basswave - Yep, all jacked up on the right side from a swipe of Jackal claws. Just nicked the eye enough to kill it. I'm thinking of chopping up those cables on the right side as well.
Thunder Daughter (or Kara Ha'kaen in Old Korriannite) is the war mount of the recently promoted Matriarch Julianna dan Elsan.
The one you're thinking of is Samantha dan August, pilot of Ga'Hadreel, the god ender.
But, she does kinda look like Ripley crossed with Harleen Quinzel doesn't she?
@ miteyheroes - Thanks! Truth be told, I have a bad habit of being none to gentle with my plastics when de-spruing them. Just worked out in my favo(u)r this time happy.png

Evening guys. Mostly done with the carapace. Just needs those final edge highlights and she'll be all finished. 

Also started work on the toes ^_^

@ STD - Fair enough, borrow away!

@ Anaziel - Thanks! That's what I was hoping for. 

@ Barabbas - Glad to hear it.

@ Augustus - Thanks buddy! Not quite as battle damaged as your contemptor, but I'm getting there ^_^

Exellent work Flint. I like the half torn-away face plate. All the Details are turning out very well, specially the dead optical sensor were the part of the face plate is missing.

Just for info, Vorax class Battle Automata are crap to assemble. Three are three too much. Never again!

Lookin good Mistress Flint, :tu: First mini I see after waking up (or part of) and dayum girl your whites are whiter than white (British Soap powder reference). Whenever I pant white it looks like I have painted with my toes (not a brush, my actual toes).

ll the Details are turning out very well, specially the dead optical sensor were the part of the face plate is missing.

I actually missed that earlier and now that I've seen it, I'm even more in awe. Really a cool concept and execution (pun intended!), Flint. Nice work!

Today saw a wealth of time put into the top carapace of my new Knight. Gosh highlights take awhile when you do them right ^_^

Anywhosit, look what (frickin finally) showed up in the mail today!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/538/sKQrDN.jpg

Yay for drunken credit card binges!

Replies:

@ Dark Bjoern - Thanks! I thought it was a pretty clever idea myself. Still debating how far I want to take the battle damage though. 

Haha, glad those Vorax weren't high on my "to buy" list ^_^

@ Barabbas - the secret is sushi, a foam roller and netflix. Also, a reckless disregard for my own personal comfort.

@ STD - Thanks! I think those few HH 3rd legion Astartes really helped me figured out how to do a solid white color. I seem to be able to mass produce it reliably now.

@ Augustus - Glad to hear it came out subtle but awesome. Any ideas on other fun bits I can bang up to make her look awesome?

@ Forte - Uh oh... did I accidentally use some risque slang I am unaware of?

@ Forte - Uh oh... did I accidentally use some risque slang I am unaware of?

If he thought the same thing I did then yes. 

That new knight is gonna look epic. :tu: hurry up and pant it allready

Evening folks.

Got a little work done on the banner. Basically finished except for clean up happy.png

Also finished the last of the armor bits and got started on the reaper blade.

@ STD - Haha I figured as much.Thanks!

@ Basswave - I like to imagine Alan Bligh casually trying to hit the post box with a well aimed toss from his office window, and shrugging indifferently when he inevitably misses for two months happy.png

@ Basswave - I like to imagine Alan Bligh casually trying to hit the post box with a well aimed toss from his office window, and shrugging indifferently when he inevitably misses for two months happy.png

That would explain why their boxes are consistently beat to censored.giflaugh.png

Oh, and nice paint. Especially that dark blue.

I love how every mini you paint is better than the last one, cant wait to see how good you are in another 12 months :)

You just stated why I love seeing people's models on here. So many members making improvements with each piece they do.

Archived