Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

Haha, ok. I suppose I can't argue with that!

Here goes happy.png

Saffikariel of the Razored Orchid

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/540/n8LWc3.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/673/V3fgcL.jpg

Replies!

@ Barabbas - How'd it do?

@ Atia - Hah! Now I can't *not* think of it like an evil tamagotchi.

@ Quixus - Pretty simple actually. His head is the warhorn from the WoC Knight box. I just cut the heavy flamer head off and smoothed the transition with some greenstuff (though I tried to make it look rough like the head had grown from the flamer). Then I ever so gently bent the flamer's feed hose into place and glued it to the chin of the daemon head. The horns I put under there to add a little bulk to the weapon and cover a few rough bits. Those are from a WoC chaos hound.

@ K-Sci - Thanks! Glad to hear the claws work. I'm really a fan of how they look on terminators. To me they are just a shade too large to look serious on a power armored model.

@ Tarvick - Oh, I like that idea. Kinda like a mini-DoW dreadnought.

@ Slipstreams - Or kindled, at least!

@ Augustus - Haha, I'm working on it!

@ Pearson - Thanks! I'm a little more comfortable trying bigger conversions with 40k CSM, since they're a little cartoonishly evil anyway happy.png

@ Knight of the Raven - Exactly! That's why I'm saving Savaarl Slaithe, their sorcerer/handler until the end.

@ Cormac - But I'm so much more partial to the INFRIGA/FORZARE combo for its faerie splattering potentialmsn-wink.gif

@ Firepower - Got it! thumbsup.gif

@ Jackdaw - Thanks! I like the blue/pink contrast quite a bit myself, especially now that I've seen it half a dozen times.

So, so, so pink. Pink for the pink god!

It's been a while since I last stuck my ugly face in here, but wow Flint! That's a lot of pink! Sodomiel is probably my favorite so far, the name combined with the claws.

I'm not a big fan of bog-standard Chaos Marines as is, but with a good paintjob, they come out pretty good.

Those Thousand Sons guys are amazing too, I saw them yesterday, which inspired me to make the 1,000's a contender for my new Legion project. Unfortunately, they just couldn't make the grade....for now.

Hey, now that I've got a I Legion thing going, maybe the Savage Midnight can be mortal enemies with the Order of the Dragon. msn-wink.gif

Hi again folks! Just realized I hadn't put up a WiP of the Sorcerer of the Razored Orchid yet. Totally forgot to photo him individually, so here he is post-pink, but pre-everything else ^_^

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/673/KfnS39.jpg

@ Jackdaw - Haha, glad to hear it!

@ Slipstreams - Not that fast. Just from this morning. I've done faster.

@ PassionFruit - Hey thanks! And thanks for stopping in. I'll get a group shot when I finish the little warband. Only a squad and an evil angel to go!

@ STD - Nah, not that fast. I went to the gym, went grocery shopping, changed the brake pads on my Camaro, studied for stupid final exams and then finished painting Saffikariel. It could have been much faster. 

@ Warmaster - Thanks! Mortal enemies would imply the Saeva Nocte views a company of the 1st as an actual threat though :P

Hi again folks! Just realized I hadn't put up a WiP of the Sorcerer of the Razored Orchid yet. Totally forgot to photo him individually, so here he is post-pink, but pre-everything else ^_^

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/673/KfnS39.jpg

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/buzz/2014/01/my_eyes_spongebob.gif

MY EYES!!!

Evening folks! Only the Terminator Sorcerer to go now.

Deliriel of the Razored Orchid

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/673/l7rnyj.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/661/RfU81a.jpg

Replies!

@ Emperors Immortals - Haha, thanks! Glad to hear if I say it enough, Google will direct you to my thread...

GLORY TO SHORNAAL! :D

@ Firepower - In general or for these guys? Army painter place and Valspar Ash gray respectfully. 

@ Hellchyld - Working on him now ^_^

@ Dark Rage - Oh, I should be the last person to incite jellyness, haha. Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself though.

@ SanguiniusReborn - I'll take that as a complement!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/911/snwcdK.jpg

Lloyd exhaled in languid pleasure as he lay back among scattered picnic supplies upon the blanket. The little pink throw was spread underneath his favorite ploin tree, in his favorite orchard and he lay next to his favorite person in the world. He smiled at Suzanna as her rosy cheeks turned towards his. The little impish smile that lit up her face so wonderfully spread her cherry petal lips as her ice chip blue eyes roamed over his features.

“I love you,” She uttered softly, reaching a small hand across the intervening space to cup Lloyd’s chin.

“And I you,” a small frown crossed his brow, “But will you always?”

Suzanna’s lovely countenance took on a contemplative expression as she opened her mouth to reply. However, instead of the innocent whisper of a voice, a pressing wail vomited forth, driving steel darts into Lloyd’s ears. Her embrace upon his face turned into a razored vice, and he felt her nails open deep wounds in his flesh as they dug deep. He struggled violently as she leaned in close. Segmented coils spilled from her widening mouth like entrails from a disemboweled corpse. He felt them loop around his throat, peeling back the skin of his neck and upper shoulders with their acidic touch. Her blue eyes were centimeters from his own as her fangs began to tear into his cheeks and jaw. Somehow he still heard the words, though there was no way they could have issued from the distended maw poised to swallow him. They bled into his brain with a nauseous wriggling. The black amusement danced in every syllable of Suzanna’s whispered words.

“Slaithe…

…Slaaneth loves all his children."

Her eyes millimeters from his now.

"She thirsts…

…she loves you…"

Her fangs sink agonizingly into the soft flesh in the top of his palate.

"Slaaaaaaitttttheeee...”

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/540/rtFnWI.jpg

… Savaarl Slaithe’s eyes snapped open, his hearts hammering in his chest cavity. Tepid, viscous sweat poured in runnels down his craggy face. Breath sawed out of his lungs as his ice chip blue eyes darted around the smokey, dim interior of his armored transport. An alert siren was shrieking its deafening song within the vehicle. He could feel the chem-wash of several dozen potent stimulants begin to disperse from his bloodstream as his Astartes physiology began to reassert itself. His hand slowly lifted as he reached for his tusked warhelm. He grasped it and seated it in place at the gorget of his terminator armor.

“By the Shorn Prince…” he whispered into the helmet’s claustrophobic innards. His lips spread in a jagged grin that exposed hundreds of needled fangs, “This morning shall be a glorious one.”

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/540/3PcuKb.jpg

Slaithe felt the manic spasms of connection and invasion as his armor’s warspirit cycled from passive to active and synchronized with his own nervous system. Target acquisitions glared a harsh red in his vision for a moment before the machine spirit reconsidered and compromised with a shade of neutral gray instead. His helm’s blue lenses swept the interior of the Slit Lilly. The ancient Land Raider was no longer moving and it's jarring alert wail continued to echo. Despite this, the Orchid yet lay dormant.

This wouldn't do.

Closing his eyes with his helm, Slaithe reached out to touch the warped and deviant minds of the five terminator armored figures with which he shared the transport.  Each of the Razored Orchid were still hibernating, impassive and unstimulated, even though their magnetic restraint harnesses had been released when the ancient vehicle ground to a agonizing halt.

Ever so slowly, the Sorcerer began to feed psychic stimuli directly into the frontal cortex of each of the five petals of the Orchid.

…Nothing… less that no response.

Temporarily damming up his psychic efforts, Slaithe snarled and strode across the intervening space. He raised the spiked fist of his terminator armor and brings it down sharply, directly on to the helm of the nearest, Sodomiel. His gauntlet struck the bright warplate of his charge with a crack that would have pulverized a mortal man into a gore-stained slurry.

Languidly, lethargically, the blue lenses of Sodomiel’s helm flickered to life and turned towards his sorcerous handler. Long, taloned tentacles slowly slid from the vox-grille of the terminator plate to stroke at the tusks of Slaithe’s own helm. He bats them away contemptuously and moves to the next figure in line.

Saffikariel was quicker to rise. The parasitic daemon that made up most of his right arm, and most likely the majority of the once-Astartes, burbles contentedly as his host slowly rouses to wakefulness. It belched small, blue-white tongues of flame from its maw, the sickly sweet stench of Neverborn firebreath filling the transport cabin.

The others of the Orchid are beginning to unfurl now, feeding on the shared stimuli of their warp-bonded kin. Aluciel, Deliriel, and Lasciel snort and growl as they are dragged from slumber into hesitant wakefulness. Chimes sound as weapons go live and power fields shriek as they snap into life.

Slaithe moved to the rear of the vehicle and drew his daemon spear from its lair-rack near the assault ramp. It lived up to its name, Howl, as the entity inside woke at the Sorcerer’s touch. The effect of the warp voice on the petals of the Orchid is immediate and violent. They shift restlessly, weapons and armor clashing against one another as they press forward.

“So wonderful to see you eager and awake, my lovelies,” Slaithe’s smile is necrotic within his helm, “Go forth and tear the life from our soon to be regretful foes.”

His fist crashes into the explosive emergency release for the assault ramp, and as it drops, he releases the pent up psy-stim burst directly into the minds of his five charges…

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/538/w6YEGr.jpg

The Razored Orchid spilled from the belly of the wreckage of the Slit Lilly like an abhorrent tide, directly into the massed gunfire of a line of Imperial guns. More than two dozen red armored Astartes had formed a firing line mere meters away, pouring bolter and plasma shot into the wrecked tank as soon as the assault ramp had dropped. The terminators of the Razored Orchid ploughed through the deadly deluge like they were weathering a chill winter rain. Bolt shells did no visible damage to the heavy tactical dreadnought plate besides scarring the bright pink and black lacquer. Under the onslaught of stimuli, the Orchid went berserk, plunging forwards and into the marines in front of them, armor servos howling in protest of speed stresses they were never meant to endure. Sodomiel was first to close, his talons opening up the first unfortunate he reached from groin to visor.   Aluciel’s massive thresh-blade clove through two of the Imperial marines simultaneously, leaving them twitching in his wake. Saffikariel’s daemon symbiote vomited nauseating gouts of blue and purple flames that clung to its victims like tar, burning through armor and bone with equal enthusiasm.

With each wound inflicted and received, the psychic stimuli link between the terminators fed the psychotic aggression of their pack-mates, driving them faster and harder into their foes. Desperate to avoid the Petal’s powered cleaver, one of the crimson clad Astartes fired his plasma gun at Lasciel from a dead zero range. The backwash of energy flash-vaporized the unfortunate marine’s helm and chest. Lasciel’s right arm disintegrated in the birth of a new start. He raised his head to the sky and shrieked with ecstasy. His bond-kin shrieked with him.

Striding forward from the ramp of the Slit Lilly, Savaarl Slaithe’s eyes were closed in appreciation as he drank in the suffering of his enemy and the deliriously delicious pain stimuli from his charges. He smiled as he pressed Howl’s warp-tongue blade through the chest plate of an Astartes the Orchid hadn’t quite managed to slay completely. The daemon weapon chattered in pleasure as it tore it’s victims soul into easily digestible pieces.

“Oh yes,” he whispered through needled fangs. The dream portents had not been wrong...

“This morning would be glorious…

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/537/iUXG2t.jpg

My only nitpick is that the Sorcerer looks a bit...top heavy..? Maybe its the angle of the pic :p

Other than that: Yay my pupils are burning! Ooooohhh! Pink! So Bright, Much pain, so chaos! Wow!

Great job! That is how you make pink into something from your nightmares. A well painted model can always look good on its own, but I always love the compounding effect that putting a full squad or army together side-by-side has; minor flaws and nit-picks fade into the awesome that is a finished group, and the whole is always greater than the sum of its parts.

Evening folks! Finally got the bits to finish up the evil angel who leads my lil Shornaali warband.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/600x450q90/905/24FbWw.jpg

Gave him bigger legs from a vanguard veteran, new toes, and fixed his deathmask thingie.

Replies!

@ Slipstreams - Can't argue there. Kinda the look I was going for; the slightly more buff look of Gray Knight terminators compared to garden variety Indominus pattern.

Glad it works otherwise!

@ Tarvick - Thanks! I'll see what I can do for the Sorc's shoulder before the final submission for CoC.

Evil angel and the other power armored squad are next ^_^

@ Dark Bjoern - Hah! Excellent...

@ Subtle Discord - Thanks a lot! Nightmare fuel is exactly what I was going for with the Orchid's paint and fluff.

I agree completely about the group shots. You'd think I'd make more whole squads, huh? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU

Not saying this is the first thing that popped into my head...but...

Let's be honest here, it was playing full-blast through all of our minds. Ah, I can hear the choir now...

And besides, we all know if Sephiroth was an Astartes he'd be III Legion. :)

looks like Scourge wings. Great use of them.

And now my brain hurts from the realization that that fantastic-looking model will be flying around, bringing death to all that oppose it, while being bright pink.  Pretty sure the color scheme alone will fry people's brains. It's a good thing :)

Archived