Legion Vexillia

Sons of Horus Tactical Squad:

x20 Tactical Marines 250

Close Combat Weapons

Legion Vexillia

Heavy Support:

Sons of Horus Sicaran Battle Tank 135

Sons of Horus Sicaran Battle Tank 135

The plan is to outflank the 2 Reavers Squads and Deep strike the Justaerins w/ Horus' Beacon right next to an enemy tank or big infantry unit while advancing my tactical squads up the field to slowly encircle and destroy the other army.

It is a good list, but there are some flaws. Assuming you are not attached to anything...

1) You have a huge lack of anti-air. Swap out a Sicarian for a Mortis Dreadnought armed with two twin-linked Autocannons, or two Multi Meltas.

2) Replace the Justaerin. They are really overpriced as Terminators, so replace them with standard Terminators.

3) Use the points to buy another unit, such as anti tank or bikes etc. Though it is a foot slogging list you need additonal elements to it - at 3k your opponent will be able to kill your Tactical Squads - Basilisks, Thudd Guns, for example, will whittle them down quickly.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Just a quick one - remove the points for weapon upgrades please, otherwise someone can just work out everything without buying the book (which is against copyright I believe and certainly against forum rules).

Secondly,

I'd suggest dropping maybe 6 of the PFs on the Justaerin - you want at least some/most of these guys hitting at initiative, tbh I'd go MAX 2 PFs and maybe 1 CF, then a mixture of Axes & Swords to keep some AP2 but still have the initiative hits coming in, also I would heartily recommend taking a multi-melta or two, these guys are the ONLY terminators than can take it as yet and some decent ranged AP1 is always a nice way to stop a rampaging Contemptor or take a hole out of an enemy Primarch before he starts having a punch up with Horus.

If you're set on a MoS then get some artillery - this guy can help them out with his perk (+1BS that turn) and if you're not bothered or don't want to then he can use his own Orbital Barrage once per game (which still benefits from any nuncio-vox in the army) to flatten some enemy forces.

I'd also perhaps have one or two of your Legion Tactical squads running just Bolters & Vexilla, these guys will be very lucky if they make it into CC with anything other than assault-orientated enemy troops - use the points from these guys to pack out some other units OR buy some more Troops/Elites.

As for the Sicarian I don't have Massacre so am unsure as to how good they are vs flyers, based on what I've read they're decent but not great so up to you on that one - maybe see if you can squeeze in a Mortis Contemptor or Mortis Dread anyway for the added firepower and chance of taking out what's thrown at you (after all more guns are best) - otherwise no idea.

Hope that helps chap.

As Russ Brother said, you need to remove the per-upgrade costs from your list.  You can list totals for a squad here, but not detailed point costs.

You cannot have 20 man tactical squads where you only buy close combat weapons for 19 of them.  The option for it specifically states that it must be done for the entire squad.  Whether you keep the upgrade or not is up to you, but I know that the Sons of Horus really favored having the bolter/pistol/ccw loadout on their tactical marines.  So, keeping it in is definitely in line with the fluff.  But I also think that those points could possibly be spent somewhere better, as getting a blob of 20 tactical marines stuck in in melee isn't necessarily easy.

I agree that all those Power Fists on the Justaerin is a waste.  You want to be striking at initiative with as many guys as possible so that you get your extra attack at the beginning of Initiative Step 1 (before Unwieldy blows are struck).  Some power fists mixed in is good, but all power fists is a waste of Merciless Fighters.

I would say that justarien have just bumped up in value in their utility against firedrakes.

Since the FAQ says that they get to do merciless fighter before initiative step 1, you might as well take less with PF or PAs so you can force more wounds on the firedrakes before they strike with their thunderhammers

Thanks for all the replies sorry about the points cost thing, this is a revision of the list but I'm not sure about what to do with the remaining 295 pts, I may add another tactical squad or put in some more Anti-Vehicle idk. Also, the reason I listed the cost for CCWs for 19 men is because the sergeant already has one.

3K Sons of Horus:

Lord of War:

Warmaster Horus Lupercal 500

Rite of War: The Black Reaving

HQ:

Master of Signal 85

Elites:

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought

2 Kheres Assault Cannons

x10 Cataphractii

x5 Power Fists

x5 Lightning Claws