1250 Pt Themed tourney list & Chapter photo's.

xFallenx

Hey all, I'm going to sign up for my first 40K tourney and can really use some assistance with making a decent list. To date, my total exp with 40K is three games using the WD dex. I'm not expecting to win, but I would like to put up one hell of a fight.

My chapter is known as the Sisters of the Violet Shroud, a splinter from the Order of Our Martyred Lady, which is led by Cannoness Superior Noella Rea Terrez. They were funded sometime between 625-630.M41 & based on Ophelia VII (IV?).

So far they include:

HQ:

~ Cannoness Superior Noella Rea Terrez (St.Celestine)

~ Cannoness Preceptor Janie Rachelle Paksi

~ Lajos Jozef Protector of the Faith (Uriah Jacobus)

~ Command Squad Comprising of: 1 Simulacrum Imperialis, 2 Superiors, 3 Heavy Bolters, 2 Flamers, 2 Heavy Flamers & 8 Bolter Sisters all wearing crimson armour & white robes with golden trim & adornments.

~ Standard Bearer carrying the Sacred Banner of the Order of the Violet Shroud (Battle Standard) in the traditional order colours.

~ CS Noella's inquisitor & retinue in cover of the priesthood & conclave (1 Inquisitor, 1 Crusader, 1 Acolyte, 1Dialogus, 2 Missionary, 2 Seraphim 1 servo Skull) & Rhino.

Troops:

50 Bolter Sisters, 4 Blessed Banners, 4 Simulacrum Imperialis, 2 Chain sword Superiors with bolt pistols, 2 with plasma pistols, 4 Storm Bolters, 4 Heavy Bolters, 4 Heavy Flamers, 4 Flamers, 2 Melta Guns. (I'll have to nail down the exact amount, but I originally had 4 of each special weapon)

Dedicated Transports:

3 Immolators (Rhino is kitted out to fill this roll as well)

Elites:

9 Sisters Repentia & a Mistress of Repentance.

Fast Attack:

16 Seraphim.

Heavy Support:

Exorcist.

2 x Penitent Engine's.

Allies:

~ Both Inquisitors Karamazov & Coteaz owe the Supreme Cannoness their lives, she can & will collect those debt's when required. (w 10 Acolytes)

~ She also keeps two Vindicare Assassins under contract full time.

I'll insert photo's as soon as I can.

~ The tourney consists of three games using Crusade, Purge the Alien & Emperor's will scenarios.

~ Fortifications from the RB are legal.

~ Warlord Traits as per the RB.

~ Allies as per the RB.

Overall scoring:

Mission points: 75pts for 54% of the total. 25pts/game. 4 for Line Breaker, 4 for Warlord, 4 for first Blood, 13 win, 6 tie & 1 for a loss.

Sports points: 27pts for 19% of the total. Aiming for 20 as I'm fairly laid back, problem is I'm not so hot on the rules so will probably be a little slow.

Presentation: 31pts for 22% of the total. I will need to put together a display board if I want to take a majority of these points.

Theme: 7pts for 5% of the total. Hopefully what I’ve highlighted above will be sufficient.

On to the list(s):

HQ: 220pts

Jacobus (w 19 sisters)

2x Priests, 1 w a condemner & 1 with Litanies of Faith (w 19 sisters)

2x Priests. 1 in each remaining Sister squad.

Troops: 503

19 Sisters, Simulacrum, Heavy Flamer, Flamer.

5 Sisters, Simulacrum, Heavy Flamer, Flamer, Condemner. Immolator w Twin Melta.

5 Sisters, Simulacrum, Heavy Flamer, Flamer, Condemner. Immolator w Twin Melta.

Fast: 350pts

5 Dominions Sisters, 4xMelta. Immolator w Twin Melta & Laud Hailer.

5 Dominions Sisters, 4xMelta. Immolator w Twin Melta & Laud Hailer.

Heavy:

Exorcist

Total 1,248pts

Thanks for reading, & in advance for assistance.

F

I would take the 1st list but I would move the condemnors from the Dominions to the mounted troops.

Why the 1st list?  You will need the mobility of both scouting Dominions to reach some of the more shooty armies with better range.

Why move the condemnors?  Target priority.  Your melta Dominions will be hunting tanks, riptides and other High AV or Toughness targets.  Dominions also tend to disembark on a part of the table where they will get little support.  Once they pop that high point cost target and get your opponent's attention they may not last long enough to go after a second target with the condemnors.

Battle Sisters on the other hand can fire on almost any un-armored target; most psykers fall into this category.   The Battle Sisters Act of Faith also helps make sure the condemnor's one shot actually hits its target where the Dominion's Faith (ignores cover) is kind of wasted since psy-shock does not allow a cover save anyway.  What matters most is hitting the target.

The biggest hole is the lack of anti-air.  It is a common problem with several armies.  You will have to rely on snap shots from the Exorcist and the Dominions.  Having 8 melta guns and 2 twin-linked melta helps but that's a ton of fire power with a big fail rate that could be spent on more reliable kills somewhere else.  Ignore the flyers if you can and take out the primary ground armored targets first.

i like list one as well, however i see where i would make some very minor adjments. the immo sister squads i would alternate what the immo has and what sister squad is equiped with. its nice to be able to toast a transport and then flame the contents. personaly i think the flamer on an immo are wasted and for the same points the mm immo's are a real threat. pop the tanks....roast whats inside with the sisters. also agree that the condemors should be with the battle sisters as they are the verstile units and doms are specialized. btw i hope that your gunna make a tar pit of with jake and the sister blob....oh that will be fun to hear the cries of HEY THATS BROKEN!!! :) i would also find a way to squeeze a hailer for the doms immos as they tend to need that act to great effect, sorry bout your luck mister wave serpent/bikes/skimmers

Archived